Meriem_DZ

How Muslims Are Treated In USA

144 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Muslims aren't even treated all that well on this board.

Try being a Christian in a Muslim counry and see how well you are treated.....if they dont kill ya.

Egypt is muslim country and there are alot of chirstain poeple there and they are safe

When I posted, I was thinking specifically of a good friend of mine from Egypt who is Coptic (20-25% of the population). He showed me several articles of killings and murders to the point where the Army had to step in to separate the sides.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Muslims aren't even treated all that well on this board.

Try being a Christian in a Muslim counry and see how well you are treated.....if they dont kill ya.

Egypt is muslim country and there are alot of chirstain poeple there and they are safe

When I posted, I was thinking specifically of a good friend of mine from Egypt who is Coptic (20-25% of the population). He showed me several articles of killings and murders to the point where the Army had to step in to separate the sides.

I agree to Pattu fully . And why are we discussing about other countries and their black sides ??? Here we are talking about general idiocy & ignorance of majority of so called americans and they sickness they pass on thru generations.As in the campaign the new to be president Obama is also appreciating racial discrimination.So i dnt know what my country will become in the future. Lets take this discussion above any religion. We are taklking about racial discrimination and not about muslims. Not only muslims but any other skin colour other than whites get the same treatment more or less. We all know middle eastern muslim countries have strange, cruel and uncivilized ways of treating people.But thats their issue and moreover we are not talking about those here.Some muslims may be creating terror and unrest thru out the world today and most opf the terrorists around the world are muslims.But that doesnt mean all muslims are terrorists. Another funny example of american idiocy & ignorance lies behind why Obama doesnt want muslims women in the picture of his campaign. Most americans take Obama a similarity to Osama and freak out thinking he may be something same . Thus Obama has to support the idiot mentality and ignorance.Chain reaction :lol: ................ whatever please dnt fight by talking about other countries here ........... Can some African americans share their experience of discrimination here !! Thanks

Edited by christera22

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Timeline
I agree to Pattu fully . And why are we discussing about other countries and their black sides ??? Here we are talking about general idiocy & ignorance of majority of so called americans and they sickness they pass on thru generations.As in the campaign the new to be president Obama is also appreciating racial discrimination.So i dnt know what my country will become in the future. Lets take this discussion above any religion. We are taklking about racial discrimination and not about muslims. Not only muslims but any other skin colour other than whites get the same treatment more or less. We all know middle eastern muslim countries have strange, cruel and uncivilized ways of treating people.But thats their issue and moreover we are not talking about those here.Some muslims may be creating terror and unrest thru out the world today and most opf the terrorists around the world are muslims.But that doesnt mean all muslims are terrorists. Another funny example of american idiocy & ignorance lies behind why Obama doesnt want muslims women in the picture of his campaign. Most americans take Obama a similarity to Osama and freak out thinking he may be something same . Thus Obama has to support the idiot mentality and ignorance.Chain reaction :lol: ................ whatever please dnt fight by talking about other countries here ........... Can some African americans share their experience of discrimination here !! Thanks

Gee, I must have mis-read the title of this thread.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm still scratching my head over why hijab is of such interest. It's not a pillar, there is no command to conceal the hair or neck; how to wear it and if to wear it are interpretations of the text by humans. We know that Muslim slave women were forbidden to cover themselves except for between the navel and the knees, a practice reinforced by Caliph Umer to keep free women distinquishable from bonded ones. It's importance is deemed in social construct, rising and waning across time. I imagine that its visibility and "otherness" hold some fascination. As an old school Muslima, I've seen it come and go, come and go, kinda like bell bottoms.

This is why I asked the question; some people seem to think Muslim women must wear it, but the Koran doesn't say either way. It just says (from what I understand) that women should dress modestly as to not draw unwanted attention to themselves. And that men should recognize a Muslim woman as a person, not a sexual object.

I also think many Muslim women in this country and the west in general wear the hijab not to appear modest, but instead to identify themselves as a Muslim and to draw attention to themselves. I witnessed this myself last year when my mother-in-law came for the birth of her first grandchild. Although she certainly wasn't trying to be "defiantly Muslim", we did get stares and special attention in the airport, going shopping, at the mall etc.

So my opinion on this is, if you feel Islam requires you to wear it, go ahead and wear it. But don't wear it because you feel others expect you to, don't wear it if someone orders you to, and don't wear it to draw attention to yourself.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Nope u read it right ..the title was on muslims but I am saying this treatment is nto only for muslims but anyone whose not white. Thats all

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Timeline

Nope u read it right ..the title was on muslims but I am saying this treatment is nto only for muslims but anyone whose not white. Thats all

I know, I get it all the time. Just because Im a poor dumb Italian. Usually from someone of the black race because they have this entitlement mentality because their ancestors were enslaved 150 years ago.

But I dont see institutionized discrimination. You may see it from a bunch a uneducated rednecks, but me???...I dont see it. I worked for the federal govt for many years, with all their EEO programs available to minorities....but they still wouldnt take advantage of it. I guess ppl nowdays feel that they are responsible for their own lives, and dont want some special program to correct something that doesnt exist. It only exists with ppl in their minds that have an attitude. My best friend is black with a PhD (school superintendent) and he is trying to get young black youth to change their thinking at a young age...but unfortuneantely, when they start getting good grades, their black classmates accuse them of trying to act white....go figure.

Filed: Timeline
C23257-s.jpg

I have not seen ANY discrimination against my husband cause he is arab. People seem to be very careful NOT to act racist.

I on the other hand when I have gone into arab and other ethnic shops ( like the dominican hair salon yesterday) and the mexican grocers yesterday am frequently overcharged. I have literally had to pay EXTREMELY close attention when I shop at many ethnic shops run by non americans. The stores frequently do not have prices posted on the items and I am forced to shop at many of these places because my husband will not eat alot of American food. I find he often seems to be treated better price wise and polite ness wise at ethnic stores than me..

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
C23257-s.jpg

I have not seen ANY discrimination against my husband cause he is arab. People seem to be very careful NOT to act racist.

I on the other hand when I have gone into arab and other ethnic shops ( like the dominican hair salon yesterday) and the mexican grocers yesterday am frequently overcharged. I have literally had to pay EXTREMELY close attention when I shop at many ethnic shops run by non americans. The stores frequently do not have prices posted on the items and I am forced to shop at many of these places because my husband will not eat alot of American food. I find he often seems to be treated better price wise and polite ness wise at ethnic stores than me..

that reminds me of this asian supermarket that i go to... they dont have prices on everything and when they are ready to check you out they always click the key for "american customer". i dont know if the other categories are "asian customer" or if they go into all of the different nationalities. anyway i dont care if they are ripping me off because the reason i shop there is it is dirt cheap and the produce is beautiful! i dont see how it could be any cheaper!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.