Meriem_DZ

How Muslims Are Treated In USA

144 posts in this topic

Wow, that was moving, had me crying like a baby. I am proud that there are some Americans who will stand up for others. I was at the atlanta airport coming back from Egypt, when this poor old jordian women who could not speak english had ticket problems. The airlines were not doing much to help this women and when I came up to help, I noticed there are 5 people a head of me, all here to help this poor old lady out. I have never been prouder of my country than that minute, there was this women that stayed with this women through out the entire time, to make sure she got on the plane safetly to her family. There are good people out here, but unfortunalty there are still others who make it bad for everyone. I love these two quotes by Dr. Martin Luther King:

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.

what they can do for her when they're not able to speak her language? i'm glad you helped her out. btw, i don't expect anyone to use my language when i'm not in my own country i have to suck it if i get neglected. i don't tolerate people who try to ignored me in Philippines because i know they understand my dialect. at least i speak English with wrong grammar but i'm pretty sure, they do understand what i mean. i'm sure i get anything i want here in US with my bad English.. :lol:

Edited by SJ

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

This one is done as a comedic stunt in Australia I think. He does another one about Iraq and Muslims called "stereotypical dumb/stupid Americans" You can see the thumbnail in the video list next to this video . He goes around asking questions to the most backwards people he can find. lol

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, that had me crying too... :crying: I know these "self-righteous Americans" exist, but I'm thankful I don't encounter them very much. You'd better believe I'd be speaking out and standing up for her rights if that happened in front of me! :angry:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yes its always on my mind..... but so far from what i hear from everyone and my husband... its about which state or city u live in.... and there are nice and nasty everywhere in the world; im just hoping in my case i wd only meet the nice - ya rab lol- i ve prepared myself to be patient and try to keep my cool and let ppl say whatever they want to say ..just walk off and be the better person ... i hope this works lol

my husband is from Las Vegas it was soooo hard being a muslim there not becoz anyone was rude actually they barely got any negative reaction but ofcourse just saying Las vegas lol its easy to know y it was hard ... but im so proud of how he was raised n his brothers as well masha Allah his parents brought them up very polite respectable hard working men!! im sooo proud of my hubby ; will definitly raise my kids same way.

SJ- i know where they re coming from ....they have the right to be careful but not rude and hateful!

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
i watched the video, im so touched :crying: :crying: .. :o I just couldnt believe that guy/employee treated customers like that?#######! :angry:

The guy behind the counter and the Muslim girl were actors. They were filming the responses of the customers to the bad behavior.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i watched the video, im so touched :crying: :crying: .. :o I just couldnt believe that guy/employee treated customers like that?#######! :angry:

The guy behind the counter and the Muslim girl were actors. They were filming the responses of the customers to the bad behavior.

Meriem (F)

Oh geez!!! :blush: i was fooled then , lol.. :blink: But , anyway , it was nice acting then. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.