Randy CA

Real Relationship Evidence with I-129f

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As I understand it, with the I-129 you must establish that you have meet your fiancée in the last two years, and at the interview, your fiancée must establish that you have a real relationship.

With that in mind, does it make sense to send in with the I-129, the pile of evidence for establishing the real relationship, or is it better to keep your I-129 on message and not burden the processor with lots of items that really do not apply to the purpose of the review, and give your fiancée the evidence of the real relationship to take with her to the interview?

I like the idea of keeping the I-129 simple and easy to understand. But I am not sure I am correct on this point. The official instructions only mention “copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent.”

For our I-295F we sent 2 pics of us together in the last 2 years.. our letters of intent and copies of his plane tickets, boarding passes and passport with stamps. This was it. Mind you he's only been here once yet this was enough since they approved ours with just that info. Now for his interview he will be bringing more evidence to prove we have an ongoing relationship but for the initial petition you only need to prove you've met within the last 2 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
As I understand it, with the I-129 you must establish that you have meet your fiancée in the last two years, and at the interview, your fiancée must establish that you have a real relationship.

With that in mind, does it make sense to send in with the I-129, the pile of evidence for establishing the real relationship, or is it better to keep your I-129 on message and not burden the processor with lots of items that really do not apply to the purpose of the review, and give your fiancée the evidence of the real relationship to take with her to the interview?

I like the idea of keeping the I-129 simple and easy to understand. But I am not sure I am correct on this point. The official instructions only mention “copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent.”

I wondered the same thing, but I think most people on vj (myself included) send evidence of a relationship (emails, receipts, boarding passes, photos, etc.) with the I-129F. I would send 2-4 of each type. That will certainly not overburden the processor.

2008-03-01 Sent I-129F via Express mail

2008-03-03 I-129F package received at VSC mailroom

2008-03-04 NOA1

2008-03-06 Touched

2008-03-20 Touched

2008-03-21 Touched

2008-03-23 Touched

2008-04-02 Touched, then approved!!

2008-05-16 Medical Exam

2008-06-16 Interview...VISA APPROVED!!!

Igor's Lists

Hmm... let's see what we submitted with the I-129F... 6 pictures of us together, 3 at my place and 3 at her place and two plane ticket receipts.. that was basically all when it comes to evidence.... we didn't had an RFE as of yet but when I read the guide afterwards, it made me really wonder if this was enough for our application.. oh well, like said, no RFE as of yet and I hope it stays like that :D

Edited by svache

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

I couldn't have agreed more with ga1jin..its not a burden for the processor if you send the intent/proof of relationship during the submission of the petition, after all what they are looking for is if you have the most genuine proof of the existence of your relationship...

Edited by sweetpink

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You need both but the real deal is at the embassy showing continued relationship.

At UCSIS, you just have to meet the minimum and pass Background check.

The embassy will require the 'Hard' evidence. this is where they 'meet' your SO in person and as Judge and executioner, has your destiny of 'bliss' or 'hell' in their hands making a decision in seconds that will affect your forever.

Good luck and to everyone else going through the 'process'. :thumbs:

Edited by n@W
comicirsaudit.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think that if you provide evidence in both places, there's no real harm. I would think that a really pared down application might be off message, IMHO. I mean you're trying to establish that you have a relationship, but all you furnish is 2 pictures and a plane ticket? That's like running out for the weekend.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

You need both but the real deal is at the embassy showing continued relationship.

At UCSIS, you just have to meet the minimum and pass Background check.

The embassy will require the 'Hard' evidence. this is where they 'meet' your SO in person and as Judge and executioner, has your destiny of 'bliss' or 'hell' in their hands making a decision in seconds that will affect your forever.

Good luck and to everyone else going through the 'process'. :thumbs:

both dont have to go to the embassy... but you do need to provide proof of the ongoing relationship at that time. unless of course you just mean they meet the beneficiary in person....

Edited by Robyn-n-Kris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

No proof of a relationship is needed when you submit your I-129F, only proof of having met once in the last two years. I sent one photograph with my I-129F and that was all. If fact it wasn't even a photograph. My lawyer thought I would want to keep it so he just made a copy on the office copier and sent that in. What I did send in was proof of meeting once in the last 2 years. I sent copies of my passport stamps, trip itinerary, boarding passes, airline tickets, and hotel receipts for evidence. That's all. No RFE's or any problems. It's more important to show proof of an ongoing relationship after you submit the I-129F. Use this time between now and the interview to document your relationship. Sent letters, birthday cards, save emails, receipts, visit again if you can afford it, etc. etc.

10-17-2006. I-129F filed.

10-19-2006. NOA1

01-25-2007. NOA2

02-12-2007. NVC notification saying petition is approved.

05-11-2007. Packet 3 received.

05-14-2007. Packet 3 forms sent.

06-16-2007. Packet 4 received.

07-03-2007. Medical examination.

07-10-2007. Interview. Passed!!!!

07-12-2007. Received visa.

07-18-2007. Applied for Marriage License.

08-04-2007. Fan arrives in the United States.

08-08-2007. Married.

08-24-2007. Applications for AOS, EAD, and Advance Parole.

08-30-2007. NOA for AOS.

09-07-2007. Applied for SSN.

09-18-2007. NOA for EAD and Advance Parole.

09-20-2007. Received SS card.

10-05-2007. Received appointment date for biometrics.

10-23-2007. Received Advance Parole.

11-02-2007. Biometrics.

11-06-2007. AOS transfered to CSC.

11-07-2007. EAD approved.

11-16-2007. EAD card received.

12-06-2007. AOS approved.

12-14-2007. Green Card Received in mail.

09-05-2009. I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence sent.

09-16-2009. NOA and biometrics appointment received.

10-13-2009. Biometrics.

10-26-2009. USCIS email. Approved. Card production ordered.

10-29-2009. Approval notice, dated 10-26, arrives in mail.

11-02-2009. Green Card arrives in mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I submitted all the evidence of our ongoing relationship with the I-129, just because I was freaking out about it.

I don't think it's necessary at all and I don't think it'll make a difference in RFEs or processing time, so if you want to keep it simple go for it. I think luck and just random circumstances determines whether or not people's times or slow or fast.

I would include at least a LITTLE, just to make sure you don't get an RFE from a cranky adjudicator I guess. A couple pics of you guys, maybe a letter or two. You can always attach a note saying that this is just a sample of the pile of evidence you have, that you're holding out for the interview.

I sent in like...I don't know, a good bit. 5-6 letters, 5-6 emails, maybe 6 photos, couple postcards, etc. Got the NOA2 pretty dang fast so I know it at least didn't slow them down or anything.

My general advice is just whatever you do be super organized with the petition. Make bullet points in your cover letter of everything included, section off forms from evidence or whatever will make it easiest for the person looking at it. If there's any area at all that you think needs clarification, attach a little note explaining it. "Better safe than sorry" I think is best for avoiding RFEs.

EDIT:

I just noticed the OP is from Russia. This isn't meant any offense at all, and I could be COMPLETELY wrong on this so this is just my idea and opinion, but because of where you're from if I were you I think I might submit your evidence of ongoing relationship with the petition...

The US and Russia don't have the most loving relationship right now, and I feel like I've heard/read of some people here from Russia taking well over the average amount of time to go through processing and get their visa. Maybe this is just coincidence, but I think your nationality might raise a couple more red flags than some other people have to deal with :\

Sorry, don't mean to make that sound too harsh or scare you or anything. As I say I could be entirely completely wrong on that. But that's just my advice with the feeble understanding I have of the countries' relationship...

Edited by SnowyTater

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We just sent several pics of us together and my passport stating I was living in the UK when we met.....when he goes to his interview shoot he can bring phone bills, cards, copy of contract for our reception location, etc.....oh and he has saved every single chat we have ever had since 2006! LOL

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

You don't need to send evidence of a genuine relationship to the USCIS. They only care if you have met in person in the past 2 years. So send in as much proof that you met as possible. When the time comes for your interview you are going to want the same proof you met as well as a lot of proof that your relationship is genuine (chats, phone logs, emails, cards, gifts, etc).

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
You don't need to send evidence of a genuine relationship to the USCIS. They only care if you have met in person in the past 2 years.

I think in my and my fiance's case, this was not true. I was lucky to have my Congressman on my side calling the USCIS and talking to the actual officer processing our case, and he told my congressman that he didn't believe we had a real relationship and was considering issuing a RFE for lack of evidence. We sent 2 dated photos of us together and letters of intent... unfortunately we didn't have a lot of proof at the time of sending the 129f because we hadn't taken that many photos together and no plane tickets, etc. We got lucky anyway and were approved... but who knows, maybe the guy was just pulling our leg.

If I were you, I would send everything you have. It's better in my opinion to annoy the processor with too much info than to get a RFE for not enough!

Good luck to you!! :)

I129f Timeline

Petition sent: 26 July 2007

Received by CSC: 24 August 2007

NOA1 Received: Never Got One!!!!!

Petition approved: 12 Feb 2008! :)

NOA2 Received: 16 Feb 2008

NVC Received Petition: 15 Feb 2008

NVC Sent Petition to Embassy:19 Feb 2008

Embassy Received: 21 Feb 2008

Packets 3 and 4 sent by embassy: 3 March 2008

Packets 3 and 4 received: 6 March 2008

Interview Date: 18 March 2008

Ugh! Unable to get police certificate in time for interview!!

Interview Rescheduled for: 8 April 2008 (APPROVED!!!)

Flight to Minneapolis: 12 April 2008

He left on a plane, Minneapolis airport...21 April 2008

• 9 years later...
Filed: Country:
Timeline

So I have a second RFE.  They want more proof of establishing our relationship.   We met on Facebook and chat/ text/ call on Facebook.   Can I just write all this in a word file, that we met on Facebook, and copy little bits of our conversation into it?  It has our names, the dates and times the messages were sent.   I already sent them my plane tickets but didn't send his.   Maybe if I send his as well as passport stamps?  I'm so afraid of screwing this up and getting rejected. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
9 hours ago, danie82 said:

So I have a second RFE.  They want more proof of establishing our relationship.   We met on Facebook and chat/ text/ call on Facebook.   Can I just write all this in a word file, that we met on Facebook, and copy little bits of our conversation into it?  It has our names, the dates and times the messages were sent.   I already sent them my plane tickets but didn't send his.   Maybe if I send his as well as passport stamps?  I'm so afraid of screwing this up and getting rejected. 

I just happened upon this. This thread is very old. Start a new one for more advice. First of all you are very lucky, usually once they send one RFE and you don't provide all they need, they deny. Luckily since you have a second one, you can correct this. You need to establish that you have met within the last two years. His passport and yours, if you met somewhere other than where he is from. Also, although photos are secondary they prove you were together, you just have to establish the time. Since he flew and you flew, I'm assuming you met elsewhere, so what about hotel reciepts? I have photos in the airport, dated receipts from purchases. This is your last shot.

Oh and btw the, calls and chats won't work, they want proof of in-person meeting. What I'm afraid of is, if you can't establish the bare minimum to get pass USCIS, then you will have a very very difficult time with his Embassy. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.