aussiewench

Time Savers for NVC, plus Knowing your Case #

338 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

The old shortcut from page one for the AoS fee bill cover letter still works now, right? Or have there been any updates? Just want to know because I'm going to start preparing my coversheet in case ours is generated tomorrow :)

For detailed timeline, see member timeline data.

You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the universe.

--John Adams

j.jpg

Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.

--Ron Paul

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I highly advise you to follow the steps on the updated shortcuts James posted on pages 10 & 11, just in case.

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Thanks Mononoke. I went ahead and bookmarked Vs. 2.0 so I wouldn't always go back to page one!

But the old cover sheet for the AoS Fee Bill does appear to be the same :)

For detailed timeline, see member timeline data.

You have rights antecedent to all earthly governments: rights that cannot be repealed or restrained by human laws; rights derived from the Great Legislator of the universe.

--John Adams

j.jpg

Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.

--Ron Paul

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My DS3032 has been sent and I'm waiting on my Immigration Visa Application Fee Bill and the I 864. I have called NVC many times and they said the I864 forms has been printed and mail and the Visa Application Fee Bill has already been mailed also. Its been a whole 2 weeks since they mailed and still I havent received it. My papers are set and ready to go. I wanted to know can I send the papers in without receiving the ones they sent me. How do I know that they will accept it if...the lady at NVC told me they will not accept anything without the Barcode sheet so what should I do? Please help. I'm verd sad you cannot imagine. I give birth in the last week of September and our case still is at NVC I need it to be in Islamabad at least by next month so we can hurry up and get an interview. Guys I so upset...Please help me.

I-130 Timeline:

[*]Sent to VSC 9-19-2006 Overnight

[*]Received by VSC on 9-20-2006

[*]NOA 1 Receipt Notice 9-21-2006

[*]NOA 2: APPROVED 5-22-2007

NVC Timeline:

Case Number assigned at NVC 6-05-2007

DS3032 & AOS bill generated on June 18, 2007.

Email Sent on June 18, 2007

AOS bill paid and sent on June 23, 2007

Email for DS3032 accepted June 25, 2007

Received Visa Application Fee Bill July 16, 2007

Sent overnight on the July 17, 2007...it was received on July 18, 2007

NVC updated system that they received the payment on July 24, 2007

Received I-864 and sent it overnight on the July 24, 2007.

NVC updated system that they received the I-864 on July 30, 2007.

Currently waiting for DS230 (already prepared and sent to Pakistan so husband could sign it)

Received DS230 and returned. Case sent to Islamabad on August 17, 2007

Islamabad Embassy Timeline:

Husband receive Packet 3.5 August 29, 2007.

Return Packet 3.5 September 6, 2007

Interview Scheduled for September 27, 2007

Went back for fingerprints and got approval on Novemeber 19, 2007.

VISA IN HAND (Picked up passoprt from AMEX) November 21, 2007

WILL BE IN AMERICA December 1, 2007.

Timeline

You can follow James' shortcuts for the I-864 which includes instructions on how to generate your own barcode for the coversheet.

As far as the IV bill, you're going to have to wait on that one because the shortcuts don't apply.

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Once the NVC system shows that it has received your AOS fee, it will generate the AOS/I-864 itself. (This may take anywhere from up to a month after you send the fee in.) Note, however, that neither the processing of the AOS fee nor the generation of the I-864 is reflected on the IVR -- you actually have to ask an operator.

--- This is the part I don't get - you actually have to ask an operater what? I sent in my AOS and they still haven't processed my payment (it's been about a week and a half now). Is there anyway to speed up the processing by calling the operator?

:help:

To find out if the AOS payment has been processed, you need to call the automated number and follow the prompts to speak to an operator. If it has, as per Jame's instructions you can then call back the following Monday, again speak to an operator and find out if the I-864 has been generated. If so you can then forward your self generated I-864, bar coded cover sheet and accompanying documents . Neither the processing of the AOS payment nor the generation of the I-864 can be confirmed via the Automated Voice Response Service.

hi there! my husband havent recieve the AOS yet. they said in the papers that they will send it same time as my choice of agent.. i already receive and pay the IV bill until now he didnt recieve anything from the NVC. hope to hear from you. thanks in advance. God Bless!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
SumonLopa,

I believe it's the DS-230 that they still haven't generated and I'm waiting for. I've also used James' shortcuts and found them to be very, very helpful. So I highly recommend them if you feel confortable using them.

Diana

I got mail saying that you have missing documents with barcode sheet saying attach missing docs with this barcode and send. ds-230 not submitted or i-864 docs/fees not submitted. I called them they said they are waiting for the fees 380. i told them i haven't received any mail next Monday i did get that IV bill. I paid that with the cover sheet that came with IV and after 3 days i sent the ds-230 with the cover sheet which came with missing documents letter. I haven't still received the DS-230 forms or cover sheet.

I didn't use James shortcut to generate the cover sheet because i thought the coversheet that came with the missing document saying ds-230 or i-864 fees missing letter should be reliable.

Do you think i did some thing wrong? Didn't you receive any missing letter notification by mail with barcode sheet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everybody.

after submitting packet 3 form DS-230 the NVC said I missed some information and after talking to an operator he told me the missing info is a copy of my passport expiration date page.

anyway now I don't wanna wait for the letter to come from the NVC to send the missing info , so I'm wondering if somebody has or knows how to make the coversheet that NVC sends that's called Checklist Letter Response that I have to send back with the missing info.

I looked at James shortcuts but they don't have it there.

Timeline

The only checklist I can think of is the DS-230.

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Posted: Jan 10 2006, 08:05 PM Aussiewench

We didnt use Jame's Shortcuts out of choice and definately not begrudging anyone that does....just want to share/show that there are also ways of saving time without using those shortcuts as not everyone is confident in self generating, or simply choose not to use them :)

Suggestions

* Once the USC receive the AOS (I-864) Bill and the copy of the DS-3032 one can save time by emailing or faxing a copy of the DS-3032 Choice of Agent form to the beneficiary overseas who then selects the agent, signs the form and returns it to the address on the form. Doesn't save much but it saves the mailing time from NVC to the spouse.

* Have the beneficiary (now the applicant) fill out the DS-230 and send it to the USC if they are to be the agent....this can be done at any time before the DS-230 is generated at NVC. Once it is generated it will be sent to the agent, the signed copy with the cover sheet (that the agent will receive) which has the barcode can then be mailed to NVC.

* Have the beneficiary (now the applicant) forward any documents, photocopies etc that may be required to be submitted with the DS-230 to you ahead of time. Check out the Department of State website HERE

and select the Instructions for Visa Immigrant Applicant appropriate for the country of your spouse.

* Complete the I-864 which is also available in the above link for download. When NVC generates this form it comes to you with a barcode cover sheet which you will then need to return along with your completed I-864 form.

All the above do not save as much time as Jame's Shortcuts but they do save time.

IMPORTANT

Familiarise yourself with the NVC Flowchart so you know the order in which forms will be generated and what is sent to the USC (petitioner) and your spouse (beneficiary/applicant) to be completed.

NVC Flowchart for I-130/CR-1

NVC Automated Voice Response Service

So your I-130 petition has been approved and forwarded to NVC :yes:

Now you are wanting to know if it has been received and a case number assigned :yes:

You can use your CIS (NOA) receipt number from your approval to find out.

On calling the NVC automated voice response number (603) 334-0700 you will.... press 1 for English press 2 for Spanish

press 1 for information about your immigrant visa

It will then ask you if you know your CIS receipt number.....press 1

(Once you have a case number you can use this.....press 2)

You then follow the instructions to key in your number.

If will then tell you if NVC has received the petition, and assigned a number.

This automated service is available 24/7.

Once you have your case number you can call them at any time to hear any updates on your case, using either the NVC case number or your CIS (NOA) receipt number.

Hope this all assists some.

Lorelle aka wench

Those wishing to use Jame's Shortcuts, they are now available a couple of posts below.

Choice of Agent

Many members are having success in emailing the NVC to choose their agent in place of sending in the DS-3032. They usually send a confirmation email within a couple of days. If not you will need to call to confirm that it has been accepted. Below is an example email posted by AMarina.

Posted: Jan 11 2006, 12:20 AM AMarina

Thank you for sharing these. They are indeed useful. Here is one more: I read about it at another forum, and successfully used it myself:

As soon as you know (from the answering service or talking with an operator at the NVC) that the Choice of Agent form has been sent out, the beneficiary can EMAIL their choice of agent to NVC. Apparently, there is a rule that if you cannot locate your form (due to bad mail service in your country), you are entitled to appoint your agent by e-mail. We did it on a second day after the form was mailed, and received a response from NVC two days later that they accepted choice of agent (by the way, we still have not received that letter from them yet, lol).

Here is a sample of my correspondence with them:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC has updated the petitioner's address. Please continue to notify the NVC of any change of address or change in personal situation, which may affect the beneficiary's entitlement to a visa.

We have received the Agent of Choice selection.═ The Immigrant Visa Application (DS 230) processing fee bill will be sent to the petitioner.═ The fee must be paid according to the instructions before that form will be sent. Please allow two to four weeks for the petitioner to receive this fee bill.

Regards,

National Visa Center

ACB/tkm

-----Original Message-----

Dear Sir or Madam,

My name is ....., my visa case number is #......

Unfortunately I cannot locate my ds-3032 and would like to appoint my

husband as my agent of choice to receive all the correspondence from NVC.

His name and address is:

All mail from the U.S. Department of State concerning my immigration visa

application should be send to the address above. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely yours,

Hi Aussiewench - This is all very new to me.. we are at the initial stages where we have only just had out i-130 approved and allocated with an NCV case number..I have found your info so helpful.. just a question regarding the DS-3032. Did you appoint youself (in Oz) or your husband in the US as the agent? The automated recording at the NVC indicates the AOS bill was generated on July 30th but still no receipt to his address in the US.. any idea on how long this takes?

Thanks, :blush:

Fellow Aussie

Hubby's application for naturalisation submitted: 2006-01-05

Married in Melbourne: 2006-06-11

I-130 submitted: 2006/07/01

My interview in Sydney! APPROVED!!! 2008-01-22

Entry to the US: 2008-03-17

File for removal of conditions: 2009-12-17

Fingerprinting/biometrics: 2010-01-22

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The AOS Bill form in word format is missing in the above instructions. My spouse emailed NVC and the DS-3032 was easily remedied! It works! Saves a lot of time waiting (possibly a week or two). Next I am trying the AOS Bill fix so I don't have to wait for this. Looking good! Just need the AOS Bill form :):dance::help:

The AOS Bill is there, scroll down when it opens ;) I thought the same when I initially opened it.

Hey Thanks! I created mine last night! Now my question is - I sent my DS-3032 (through the above outlined process) via email (my spouse did) and got a response that it was received and changed. Since the AOS is supposedly sent out roughly the same time that the DS-3032 was sent would it be okay to generate the AOS with a general bill date versus a specific bill date (just don't know what that is)?

OK STUPID QUESTION :help: ON THE DE230 APP. DO I PUT IN MY HUSBANDS INFORMATION OR MINE I KNOW THERE ARE 2 PARTS SO IS 1 FOR ME AND ONE FOR HIM, HE IS FROM EGYPT

Micky- Sabri

Timeline

The DS-230 is for the beneficiary to fill out. Both, Parts I and II, need to have his information and submitted to the NVC. Remember that only Part I is signed because he will sign Part II the day of the interview.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi everybody, I'm preparing the coversheet for my DS-230, I printed out the NEW form on James' post, changed the barcodes and names... than I compared it with the letter I got from NVC and I noticed that there are some differences. The picture of the statue of liberty is much more defined on the original, the address of the dept. of state is printed blue and not black and the **** are not there. Now did you guys fixed these differences or you didn't care? Thanks, I still have a couple of days to do it, but it's sunday and I'm bored...

Married Jan 2007

I-130

03/21/2007 sent to NSC - 06/18/2007 NOA2 - 89 days

NVC stage

07/24/2007 e-mailed DS-3032 choice of agent

01/04/2008 Approved - visa in my hand! 289 days

01/13/2008 Entry the US

10/15/2009 I-751

12/03/2009 Biometrics

1/06/2010 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

The extra details don't matter as long as you have the correct info on the page, such as barcode and choice of agent info.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi alll ,

i am waiting for my DS-230... and these shortcuts are going over my head. my wife woudl eb so mad if i tell her all this. i dont want to confuse her. its better i wait for the actuall stuff. dont want to do any trick and pay the price of it, i will consider that there were holidays for the extra days which pass by.

thanks for all the info and god bless us all in this visa journey and we meet our loved ones

jigi

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.