panamania79

Have you ever gotten into any arguments with your SO during your visa journey ?

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow, there are many who never fought while they were apart. I guess I was wrong! :lol:

I'm not sure I believe the "no's". At least my brain can't comprehend it this morning.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

We had our fair share of disagreements...and we are bound to have many more.

Our disagreements happened when we were waiting for our NOA2. Once we got our interview date its been nice and harmonious, except for little differences in opinion...nothing like when we were waiting for the approval :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

we have definatly argued, bickered and picked at wee stupid things. Hardest part is we can't have the big cuddle when we finally work things out.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Sometimes we would get into arguments over the dumbest things because his family was always in our business.Since I stopped bothering with them,we stopped fighting.

:no: basically I'd get stressed out, frustated and impatient... and he would be supportive and understanding :blush:

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't know what you guys are talking about. My relationship is an island of serenity -- a veritable Japanese rock garden of tranquility. Argue? I seem to have forgotten the meaning of this word. Fight? Futile, against the fortress-like temple of our love.

:wacko:

Um yes, we are fighters.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't believe it when a couple says they don't argue. It's par for the course and there's nothing wrong with that, either. I think it'd actually be unhealthy if a couple didn't have any arguments. That would probably mean they weren't communicating to each other enough and were bottling up whatever issues they may have inside.

As far as my wife and me... sure, we've argued. Sometimes quite a bit, but we always resolve them. We tend to fight most when we're apart; when we're together, we rarely argue, but considering we're apart more often than when we're together, that's an unfair comparison too. When we're eventually living together full-time, we'll see how often we do argue.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
So the non-fighters appear to be liars and propping their relationship up on some pedestal?

LOL, not liars....lucky

We had most of our long-distance arguments prior to getting engaged and starting the process. I found the process mildly stressful (we had an easy time), but we didn't fight.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

Well... I said we didn't argue during the visa journey. That is, the 5 (or was it 6?) month period during which she was in India and I was in the US (I-129F to POE). We've fought plenty before and after.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Well... I said we didn't argue during the visa journey. That is, the 5 (or was it 6?) month period during which she was in India and I was in the US (I-129F to POE). We've fought plenty before and after.

Same here. We argued before and after, and will do so, and perhaps even during, but we'd already been in a long-term long distance relationship, so the mere act of putting a form in the mail didn't change the basic dynamic, fights and all, much.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So the non-fighters appear to be liars and propping their relationship up on some pedestal?

Can you honestly say that you never fight about anything at all ever? If you can, then fine; that's great. You may have a marriage that's one in a billion. But that's extremely unusual and highly unlikely to occur.

Most couples end up arguing over little things -- such as who gets to drive or where to go to dinner or what movie to see or who gets to control the remote. Things that are, for lack of a better word, stupid and have little-to-no bearing on our lives. If a couple works well together, then they can generally see eye-to-eye on the important things, which is where it counts. If they can't, then that's where the problems set in.

LOL, not liars....lucky

A few have suggested those who say no are unbelieveable and you mocked the fact that some don't fight and spun it into something that none of us had actually said. Sarcastic remarks flung in the direction of the ones who stated "no" is pretty obvious, as if those who said no were looking down off at our supposed pedestals at you "fighters".

:D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

nessa and i don't fight. i just tell her the way it's gonna be and she has to live with it.

then i go wash dishes and spend a few nights on the couch.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Can you honestly say that you never fight about anything at all ever? If you can, then fine; that's great. You may have a marriage that's one in a billion. But that's extremely unusual and highly unlikely to occur.

Most couples end up arguing over little things -- such as who gets to drive or where to go to dinner or what movie to see or who gets to control the remote. Things that are, for lack of a better word, stupid and have little-to-no bearing on our lives. If a couple works well together, then they can generally see eye-to-eye on the important things, which is where it counts. If they can't, then that's where the problems set in.

The question was during your visa journey. No, we never fought during this time. If it matters at all, despite the specific question asked, we have fought twice since being married in 2005.

Edited by LaL