panamania79

Have you ever gotten into any arguments with your SO during your visa journey ?

81 posts in this topic

Visas are a pain in the #######! But i would definately do it over again.

Edited by CarolsMarc

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

We have spats but only one major problem and that was BEFORE we started the journey.

Actually, we tend to argue over the silly little things when we're together for more than 2 weeks, but they never last at all. I think our journey (thus far) has made us aware of how lucky we are to have found each other.

Ask me again when he moves here in July :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
And when the visajourney feels rough with no end in sight, remember this:

despair_new.jpg

I (L) Despair.com. I used to have their demotivators on my office walls before I resigned from that position and moved to the US. *sigh* I really never knew how good I had it. :blush::lol:

Yes! Fellow despair.com fans! Those motivational posters make me want to gag. I'm starting to see some common traits among my fellow VJers.

P.S. Thuy and I never argue. She knows I'm always wrong and so do I.

Love Despair.com! Now you can even design your own Demotivators :P

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

God, I thought it was just us who were arguing throughout this process. Always about completely nothing when we got to the bottom of it! :blink:

We both realize it's because of the uncertainty and frustrations at the delays and unexpected stuff that comes up in this process. It was OK when things were going smoothly, but then we hit a 1.5 month period for CSC to mail out stuff to NVC (it sat in their loading area for all that time) and that nearly drove us both crazy. Of course, one reads of worse stories, but everyone feels their own stuff most.

Now, things are moving and we got through the rough patch. I have no illusions and fully expect the ups and downs. Just must keep reminding myself to look past the b.s. and remember all the things about him that made me love him in the first place. :P

I-130

7/02/07 - I-130 Sent

7/05/07 - NOA1 Rec'd Date

7/11/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

I-129F

7/16/07 - I-129F Sent

7/18/07 - I-129F Rec'd Date

7/20/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

1/17/08 - Sent to NVC

NVC

1/24/08 - Rec'd by NVC

1/25/08 - Sent to New Delhi Consulate

Delhi Consulate

1/29/08 - Rec'd by New Delhi Consulate

1/30/08 - Packet 3 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

2/14/08 - Submitted DS-230 & completed checklist to Delhi Consulate in person

2/25/08 - Packet 4 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

3/24/08 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Absolutely.......I hung up on him more then a few times. It's all part of the process......learning how to deal with frustration.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Absolutely.......I hung up on him more then a few times. It's all part of the process......learning how to deal with frustration.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Wow, there are many who never fought while they were apart. I guess I was wrong! :lol:

:) :) hmmm I dont think we really fight......how to explain let me try lol.......he is a doctor so he tries to portray this serious persona and does not know what to do with fear (as in fear of what will happen if they do not approve his visa)..if it does not have a medical name what ever it is he is feeling he is totally confused and says random stuff that makes no sense so thats where i come in..........lol i let him have his little fit......stew about it for a few hours then talk to him he ends up sooooooo sorry lol and does not understand why he even said what he did.......i am 11 years younger than he is so im pretty good at knocking him off of his doctor mountain....with out ever having to raise my voice......i hate conflict lol.....i asked him one time why he fell in love with me........he stated because im the only person he has ever met that totally completely treated him like he was an idiot.....

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I prefer bickering with family, friends, fellow users on VJ, Customer Service Reps for companies that have p*&^%$ me off, Co-Workers... In other words anyone who is unfortunate enough to have contact with me when the process/distance is getting to me!

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

I don't know if you would call it an agrument. I lecture about spending too much money, Claudeth listens and then goes and spends a bunch of money on ####### :blink:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sure we fought- we didn't actually have any fights during the time I was in Canada waiting for my K3 visa though. Mel had fears that I would settle back easily into my life in Canada and want to stay there and I had fears too- Mel lived the exact same life as he always had here- this is is home and what he is used to- the only thing that was different was I was not here. During those 10 months I think we both were walking on eggshells and neither of us wanted to do or say anything that could lead to a blow up.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Sure, we had disagreements, nothing major though, which I'd attribute to the total frustration of the process...totally normal.

Having disagreements, spats, arguments, whatever you want to call them, is a very normal part of relationships. People who never argue...hmmm...don't understand how that's possible. It's how you deal with the disagreements that's important, not the fact that you have them. You have 'em, you deal with them productively, and move on, hopefully having learned something from them.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

More than either of us would like! It has been a rocky road over our almost 5 year journey. But we make up with an equal amount of personal responsibility. Hey, this process is not easy! Frustration can get even the best of us from time to time.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG