Beauty for Ashes

from a moroccan forum discussing white marriage or marriage for papers

159 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
real post

#18253By sky on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 2:10 pm

I am considering going to morocco with a friend so my friend can marry the man i have been datings brother so he can come to the US and only for that reason they have never met. My boyfriend asked me if i knew of anyone willing to do this, he is very much in love with me and would never ask me to do that for him, although he wants his brother that he has not seen in nineteen years to come to the United States, he says his brother and my friend might hit it off, but its for the money she is going to do it for. Now my question, she is on disability and going over as a tourist to visit my boyfriends family with him and I. Does she have to have a job to be able to bring him back to the states? Is it okay that she is only a student and a mother, collects SSI? Is it safe for me to go and meet my boyfriends parents in Morocco? Should I be worried he says they come from a nice part of Morocco outside of Cassablanca, and i should not be nervous about visiting. They come from a good family and i have been dating him for a little more than a year he is very good to me and my children and when i talk to his parents they are very nice to me. Is there anything to worry about for me just to visit? what kind of papers will she need to bring to help his brother come to the states. What should i expect when i get there? I have done some research and the part of Morocco i am going to visit is really beutiful. We (him and I) have had this trip planned for some time he is already a legal citizen of the United States works a good job for a limo company, and has worked for them for some time now. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME HERE SHOULD I HAVE MY FRIEND DO THIS FOR MY BOYFRIEND SO HE CAN HAVE HIS BROTHER HERE? Or is it to dangerous.

Wahrania I dont see how this proves your various points at all. From this post looks like the only scamming going on is of the US government and the visa process. Looks to me like the Moroccan guys here are being completely upfront. so what does this have to do with your multiple warnings about the green card scam against the poor defenseless women?

and also, I just wanted to add (although I am not at all sure WHY I am bothering) that AGAIN, scams and betrayals and crappy duplicitous behaviour are not monopolized by any region, culture, or gender for that matter. My coworker was dumped last month after years of marriage to an AMERICAN for a young stripper. yikes. and I cant seem to turn on the TV these days without seeing one of those real life A&E crime shows where the wife was killed by the husband for insurance money, or a young mistress, or whatever. No green card scam or international twist there...

SO. back to my previous post. You have stated your case and tried to make your point so maybe its time to move on from this dead horse and focus on taking care of yourself and your baby you are growing :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
and also, I just wanted to add (although I am not at all sure WHY I am bothering) that AGAIN, scams and betrayals and crappy duplicitous behaviour are not monopolized by any region, culture, or gender for that matter.

Statements like these though are what lead to the belief that there is a certain degree of naivety in this forum. Sure, there are scammers everywhere, but when you're talking *greencard* scams, there sure are regions that dominate.

ETA: However, I agree with you in that I think we all get the point already.

Edited by Jenn!

I have so much to say yet no energy to even get involved in this thread. :wacko:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Timeline
and also, I just wanted to add (although I am not at all sure WHY I am bothering) that AGAIN, scams and betrayals and crappy duplicitous behaviour are not monopolized by any region, culture, or gender for that matter.

Statements like these though are what lead to the belief that there is a certain degree of naivety in this forum. Sure, there are scammers everywhere, but when you're talking *greencard* scams, there sure are regions that dominate.

ETA: However, I agree with you in that I think we all get the point already.

I think we all get the point as well....

Jenn I do think its naivety but frankly its also depends how many people you have been exposed to and to what level. If you live in a sizeable lets just say Albanian community and you see woman a b c d e f g h all ending up the same way, it tends to color your perception. The first sizeable immigration into the USA from Morocco came into Orlando when Disney opened, with hundreds of Moroccans arriving at Epcot to work in Disney Morcco as far back as 1982. When you have hundreds arriving each year with no status except a one year work permit..... you are going to see a community built on marriage to US citizens. Couple that with 5000 lottery winners arriving each year with family back home that also want to come here, you will start to see a network of people trying to get people to marry relatives... etc.

The point is beaten into the ground . I am sorry..... at this point lets move on to more postive things

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
img462f2dea28948medyi7.jpg

I would help him with a green card, but being married already might slow things down, but how could I not help a young man get his green card. :wacko:

Ganja.....how did you get a pic of my hubby???????????

HeeHeeeHeeee

Yeah....maybe when we first met.....but he's still yummy!!!!!! :blush:

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I have so much to say yet no energy to even get involved in this thread. :wacko:

need a donut? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Ok, This reminded me of something....I just thought it might be a good point.

It was not the "norm" back in my parents' days for an age difference of more than 4 or 5 years (at least in our area) and they are 9 years apart. They've been married for more than 30 years. Just coz it isn't the "norm" in Arab cultures for these types of age differences, doesn't mean they can't be viable marriages and doesn't mean that it isn't possible for it to happen.

Just my 2 cents

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

YOUR HUSBAND, DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :crying: OK, I don't think my husband will let me keep him, he would have a big problem with this addition, although I might pawn him as our new son. :wacko:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
Ok, This reminded me of something....I just thought it might be a good point.

It was not the "norm" back in my parents' days for an age difference of more than 4 or 5 years (at least in our area) and they are 9 years apart. They've been married for more than 30 years. Just coz it isn't the "norm" in Arab cultures for these types of age differences, doesn't mean they can't be viable marriages and doesn't mean that it isn't possible for it to happen.

Just my 2 cents

(F) amal (F)

:thumbs:

The world is changing, even the arab countries. Fraud in every relationship is possible. I have heard it time and time again when people here found out I married a Moroccan. The fact is that they don't know him. Just because Joe Blow used Betty Blow for a green card doesn't mean everyone is doing it. We must remain cautious at the beginning of the relationship, but for God's sake, by the time you get married you had better be 100% certain! I don't EVER question my husbands love for me now, but in the beginning I didn't trust anyone or anything.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
YOUR HUSBAND, DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :crying: OK, I don't think my husband will let me keep him, he would have a big problem with this addition, although I might pawn him as our new son. :wacko:

Seriously though....when Hicham works out and lifts weights, he gets some awesome pecs and abs. What really MAKES ME MAD, is that he can decide he wants to lose weight and "beef" up and work out for 2-3 months and he's got a killer bod. I've been working out everyday at lunch for the last 8 months and have only lost 1/2 of the baby weight. AAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! That makes me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

But I still enjoy the results though! :blush:;):wub:

Can't you guys tell it's been quite some time since I've seen my hubby!!!!!????!!!!!

Just 22 more days!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that I'm counting or anything. :whistle:

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Tberguat 21 November 2005 11:57 21 November 2005 11:57

If you see yourself you want to settle in this country and have a future here, I agree in marrying a US citizen just for green card, and suffer emotionally for couple years and secure your future..., things these days are only getting harder for the illigal immigrants, they even been called terrorists , because the paths to legalize yourself here are so long and uncertain. If your employer want to sponsor you it will take years and years I think between 7 to 10yrs and you have to stuck with that same employer for years with low pay and sometimes no benifits. If you have a US citizen child, he has to be 21yrs old before he/she can apply for you, so the only way is marriage!!

I remember back in the early nineties, the new comers had to find the least attractive woman in the city, all the 200lbs and up were married to Moroccan men, happy with their little toys just arrived from back home (skhoun) that he tells her horror stories about what had happened to him back home and how miserable he was back in Morocco so she'll love him and feel sorry for him and do all possible way for him not to get deported, and she will never dare to think visiting Morocco with him!! They use to call the period of their marriage "passer le service millitaire" ... If they see an ugly, old fat lady (shayta 3la 7babha) she will be perfect for lwri9at.

So, the only way to build a future here and be one of the crowd, go ahead do it, the only thing is the ugly, fat, old ladies 3a9o ..

Berguag: 31 | Fin saken daba?

Funny you mention this.When I was in college,I knew an Iranian guy.He was SMOKING HOT ! He was here on some kind of program but didn't want to go back to Iran after graduation.So all of a sudden,he started dating a girl who wasn't ugly but.......looked like a librarian.So everybody,including myself of course would ask why ? are you okay ? do you need glasses ? but Persian women are so beautiful....etc.etc. His reply to us was this,"After my whole life of eating filet-mignon, I just want to have a hot-dog."

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Tberguat 21 November 2005 11:57 21 November 2005 11:57

If you see yourself you want to settle in this country and have a future here, I agree in marrying a US citizen just for green card, and suffer emotionally for couple years and secure your future..., things these days are only getting harder for the illigal immigrants, they even been called terrorists , because the paths to legalize yourself here are so long and uncertain. If your employer want to sponsor you it will take years and years I think between 7 to 10yrs and you have to stuck with that same employer for years with low pay and sometimes no benifits. If you have a US citizen child, he has to be 21yrs old before he/she can apply for you, so the only way is marriage!!

I remember back in the early nineties, the new comers had to find the least attractive woman in the city, all the 200lbs and up were married to Moroccan men, happy with their little toys just arrived from back home (skhoun) that he tells her horror stories about what had happened to him back home and how miserable he was back in Morocco so she'll love him and feel sorry for him and do all possible way for him not to get deported, and she will never dare to think visiting Morocco with him!! They use to call the period of their marriage "passer le service millitaire" ... If they see an ugly, old fat lady (shayta 3la 7babha) she will be perfect for lwri9at.

So, the only way to build a future here and be one of the crowd, go ahead do it, the only thing is the ugly, fat, old ladies 3a9o ..

Berguag: 31 | Fin saken daba?

Funny you mention this.When I was in college,I knew an Iranian guy.He was SMOKING HOT ! He was here on some kind of program but didn't want to go back to Iran after graduation.So all of a sudden,he started dating a girl who wasn't ugly but.......looked like a librarian.So everybody,including myself of course would ask why ? are you okay ? do you need glasses ? but Persian women are so beautiful....etc.etc. His reply to us was this,"After my whole life of eating filet-mignon, I just want to have a hot-dog."

:blink:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.