w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Illegal immigrants may get rebates

269 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
I don't like the word "illegal"

Me either. Very exclusionary.

You may think it's exclusionary, but facts are facts. If you don't like to call someone who is in the country illegally an "illegal immigrant", then how would you refer to them, in the context of their legal status in the US?

Maybe we could say "person residing in the US without legal permission to be here"? That's kinda wordy. :lol:

When I used to work at the DHS,we had to call them "undocumented".

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just anounced on CNN.....Senate will block rebates to illegals..........

Really? How would they figure it out who is legal Vs illegal?

Well - if they require permanent residency for the rebate, that's how.

Which would leave out a whole host of taxpayers who were legally admitted to this country.

I suspect that those rebate returns that are questionable, such as those with no SSN, will be witheld and there will be some mechanism to claim the rebate if one meets the qualifications of legal resident.

No SSN?

Can you file a tax return without a Social Security number?

Yes, those with ITIN....

Well, yeah I knew that. You said 'those with no SSN' and my brain went immediately to ..... wha?

How could they question an ITN? I mean, that's kinda not right.

Anyone can get an ITIN, legal or illegal resident.

Yes.

A lot of USC's have ITN's for their foreign spouse who is still overseas.

All I'm saying is questioning the rebate simply because the taxpayer uses an ITN isn't really right.

It might not even be legal.

Sorry, I didn't see this... The only other info that I heard was that the Senate version closes the "loophole" for illegals and that, "without getting too technical, the bill will reject invalid SSN's.....

That's all that was said.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Growth on credit has been really pushed by the recent administration, in both goverment spending, and encouragement of consumer spending. But again, that kind of policy doesn't help anyone but investors. As they get to cash in on the growth spurt, and if they time their buying and selling right, they can cash out before the market catches up with itself.

The administration is not to blame for that. I mean holding GWB accountable for everything is a little silly. What about all of the congress members who pass billions on subsidies and BS special interest projects. I am not blaming anyone in particular but stronlgy believe this nation needs to get it's act together or face a very difficult and bleak, even bankrupt, future.

It also did not take a financial genius to realize that a boom created by inflated property prices or the trend of property flipping was not going to last. A property boom being driven by an overall economic boom is a different story. Hence why even someone from LA will have trouble buying a place in Sydney..

Not all of it, but Bush has put the entire Iraq war on credit.

I guess the question is, is Bush responsible for not doing enough to regulate banks in the light of the recent crisis. And on top of that, the Prime rate is controlled by the government, not the market.

Are large reason for the housing boom, was cheap credit. That is based on a rate is set by the government. And likely has been much lower than it should have been. If the rate was higher, it would have been more expensive to speculate on homes, keeping the demand and growth at a more sustainable level.

The government had a role to play, but so did banks and speculators.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Doesn't it still accomplish the goal of economic stimulus no matter who gets it?

No.

The rebate received by illegals will be yet MORE dollars leaving the US for Mexico and other countries.

Is there any reason you singled Mexico out?

Regardless people have the right to do whatever they want with their money. If they want to spend it all, great. If they want to save it, great. If they want to support their families in another country, that is THEIR choice and there are people and MANY PEOPLE here that do that which are not illegal.

I can tell you from personal experiance that many of the Indian engineers I work with send more than half of what they earn back home.

I am so tired of people automatically associating illegal immigrant with Mexicans.In my opinion,it's their money,they worked for it,thay can send it where they damn well please.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Doesn't it still accomplish the goal of economic stimulus no matter who gets it?

The haters don't want to see illegals get anything. They are blinded by hate.

Only blinded by hatred for the word ILLEGAL.

Jomo's girl ..... I Agree!

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

They probably won't get them anyway, even if they were legally entitled to work. Which... they are not. So this is not money they should receive. Hope it appeases those that continue to see them in an inhuman light.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

No.

The rebate received by illegals will be yet MORE dollars leaving the US for Mexico and other countries.

Regardless people have the right to do whatever they want with their money. If they want to spend it all, great. If they want to save it, great. If they want to support their families in another country, that is THEIR choice and there are people and MANY PEOPLE here that do that which are not illegal.

I can tell you from personal experiance that many of the Indian engineers I work with send more than half of what they earn back home.

I am so tired of people automatically associating illegal immigrant with Mexicans.In my opinion,it's their money,they worked for it,thay can send it where they damn well please.

Duh.....Well forgive us but they just happen to be the vast majority of "undocumented aliens"....They mostly abuse our laws and snub their noses at us....

Anyone remember the immigration rights march a couple of yoears ago?

A canopy of Mexican Flags is all I remember.

I live in the burbs of Chicago and I can tell you that the majority here are Mexicans.....

Just the facts. Live with it.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Timeline

No.

Don't care what you're tired of.

Read my post again. Mexico AND OTHER COUNTRIES. Having your head in the sand doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of the dollars that are flowing out of the US and weaking our economy are going to Mexico. Get offended all you want, but them's the facts.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
VJ Troll you have a very wicked sense of humour.

He used to set up his toy train to wreck on purpose when he was a boy.

:lol::lol::lol:

That is actually true.

VJ Troll is actually Gomez Addams? :unsure:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
I don't like the word "illegal"

Me either. Very exclusionary.

You may think it's exclusionary, but facts are facts. If you don't like to call someone who is in the country illegally an "illegal immigrant", then how would you refer to them, in the context of their legal status in the US?

Maybe we could say "person residing in the US without legal permission to be here"? That's kinda wordy. :lol:

When I used to work at the DHS,we had to call them "undocumented".

You used to work for the DHS panamania? :)

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Illegals are hated by me i think they deserve chit the only thing they get by the government is a boot in the azz back home were they belong does the workers still get a rebate even if they are paid under the table? that would be unfair.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Free health care and now a rebate..... nice :wacko:

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG