w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Illegal immigrants may get rebates

269 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For one, the US economy prospers by reducing costs via lower wages. This allows companies to reduce costs, which gives them added pricing flexibility. This increases their demand on the world market, which increases exports.

Too bad no one can buy those lower-priced items made in China or by illegal labour here....THEY DON'T HAVE JOBS ANY LONGER.

Fact.

Look up the unemployment rate. Look up "GE Plant Closes in Bloomington Indiana" Look up "Yahoo cuts 1000 jobs", etc etc.

What does one have to do with the other?

A lot of our problems with domestic companies tanking is the fact that we, AMERICANS, chose to increase our quality of living through cheap foreign goods. Domestic demand floundered and companies started scaling back operations in order to recover capital costs.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Just anounced on CNN.....Senate will block rebates to illegals..........

Really? How would they figure it out who is legal Vs illegal?

Well - if they require permanent residency for the rebate, that's how.

Which would leave out a whole host of taxpayers who were legally admitted to this country.

I suspect that those rebate returns that are questionable, such as those with no SSN, will be witheld and there will be some mechanism to claim the rebate if one meets the qualifications of legal resident.

No SSN?

Can you file a tax return without a Social Security number?

Yes, those with ITIN....

Well, yeah I knew that. You said 'those with no SSN' and my brain went immediately to ..... wha?

How could they question an ITN? I mean, that's kinda not right.

Which would leave out a whole host of taxpayers who were legally admitted to this country.

I suspect that those rebate returns that are questionable, such as those with no SSN, will be witheld and there will be some mechanism to claim the rebate if one meets the qualifications of legal resident.

No SSN?

Yes, those with ITIN....

Well, yeah I knew that. You said 'those with no SSN' and my brain went immediately to ..... wha?

Anyone can get an ITIN, legal or illegal resident.

miss_me_yet.jpg

A certain amount of money from the rebates will be sent back by both legal and illegal immigrants. It does contribute to the world economy, and some of it would come back through purchasing products from American companies.

Although if most people use this money to by products here in the US, the contribution to the US economy will be limited. Most goods are not made in the US.

Because the consumer economy is tied much more directly to the world economy, a tax rebate will have more impact on the world economy than the US economy. If the government wants to benefit the US economy. They need to use the money to create public works projects.

It doesn't really matter who you will give it to, the effect will mostly remain the same. The shareholders of multinational corporations will see the most benefit. But it doesn't nessiarly mean that it will create jobs and opportunities here at home.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Other Timeline

No SSN?

Yes, those with ITIN....

Anyone can get an ITIN, legal or illegal resident.

Yes.

A lot of USC's have ITN's for their foreign spouse who is still overseas.

All I'm saying is questioning the rebate simply because the taxpayer uses an ITN isn't really right.

It might not even be legal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
A certain amount of money from the rebates will be sent back by both legal and illegal immigrants. It does contribute to the world economy, and some of it would come back through purchasing products from American companies.

Although if most people use this money to by products here in the US, the contribution to the US economy will be limited. Most goods are not made in the US.

Because the consumer economy is tied much more directly to the world economy, a tax rebate will have more impact on the world economy than the US economy. If the government wants to benefit the US economy. They need to use the money to create public works projects.

It doesn't really matter who you will give it to, the effect will mostly remain the same. The shareholders of multinational corporations will see the most benefit. But it doesn't nessiarly mean that it will create jobs and opportunities here at home.

:thumbs:

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Well, this is mostly correct but let's not forget that all those foreign goods are distributed by U.S. distributors and retailers and as a result some improvement to this economy will occur.

Additionally, let's not forget that many of those products are marked up sometimes by hundreds, and even thousands of percent before being put on the shelves......

So, you won't see much infusion of cash in the manufacturing sector but the retail sector stands to make a killing.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Well, this is mostly correct but let's not forget that all those foreign goods are distributed by U.S. distributors and retailers therefore some improvement to this economy will occur. Also, let's not forget that many of those products are marked up sometimes by thousands of percent before being put on the shelves......

So, you won't see much infusion of cash in the manfacturing sector but the retail sector stands to make a killing.

Most of it will benefit shareholders, not workers. If a company is already capable of handling the somewhat increased demand, provided most people spend the rebate instead of save or pay off debt. The extra money will boost the companies profit, not create jobs. That profit, does not necessarily come back in any way to create jobs. In a unstable economy, its much more likely to be used conservatively.

Its likely that the tax rebate will boost stock prices for retail companies, but its not likely to create jobs or spur more economic development. If your a shareholder, you have a reason to cheer, but if you are not, your better off banking the rebate in the chance you get laid off.

keTiiDCjGVo

This thread goes hand in hand with the other thread on whether the president should have sound financial knowledge. The stimulus package is a bunch of BS. This is the time when they should be promoting savings instead of spending. People overspending is what got us in this mess in the first place.

Illegal immigrants receiving rebates is a waste of money as they will only send it back home. Otherwise if they did go out and spend the rebate it would contradict their so-called * cough cough * reason for being here.

Tax payers receiving a rebate is only a quick fix. In the long term it does nothing for the economy. Especially considering that most people who do spend the cash will waste it buying imported goods.

The key is to start investing in America to stimulate growth. Upgrade the run down 60's infrastructure. Build a high speed rail network etc. Invest in science and engineering. That is what creates jobs.

Edited by Boo-Yah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

This thread goes hand in hand with the other thread on whether the president should have sound financial knowledge. The stimulus package is a bunch of BS. This is the time when they should be promoting savings instead of spending. People overspending is what got us in this mess in the first place.

Illegal immigrants receiving rebates is a waste of money as they will only send it back home. Otherwise if they did go out and spend the rebate it would contradict their so-called * cough cough * reason for being here.

Tax payers receiving a rebate is only a quick fix. In the long term it does nothing for the economy. Especially considering that most people who do spend the cash will waste it buying imported goods.

The key is to start investing in America to stimulate growth. Upgrade the run down 60's infrastructure. Build a high speed rail network etc. Invest in science and engineering. That is what creates jobs.

Correction- people over borrowing got us into this mess! People taking on debt that they cannot pay.......

miss_me_yet.jpg

Correction- people over borrowing got us into this mess! People taking on debt that they cannot pay.......

Yep you are right there. Even borrowing is not an issue if someone is borrowing for the right reasons. Borrowing to buy cheap imported ####### which generates no income is an issue.

The US needs to look at other rapidly growing economic powerhouses like China and learn from them. A country which is 'investing' hundreds of billions into its nations infrastructure. This sort of stuff cannot be exported and generates a lot of jobs. Australia is doing the same. Their huge success speaks for itself. The poor need work. The middle class need work. The only people who do not need to work are the rich. A class of people who do well no matter what the economic circumstances.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Yep you are right there. Even borrowing is not an issue if someone is borrowing for the right reasons. Borrowing to buy cheap imported ####### which generates no income is an issue.

The US needs to look at other rapidly growing economic powerhouses like China and learn from them. A country which is 'investing' hundreds of billions into its nations infrastructure. This sort of stuff cannot be exported and generates a lot of jobs. Australia is doing the same. Their huge success speaks for itself. The poor need work. The middle class need work. The only people who do not need to work are the rich. A class of people who do well no matter what the economic circumstances.

Growth on credit has been really pushed by the recent administration, in both goverment spending, and encouragement of consumer spending. But again, that kind of policy doesn't help anyone but investors. As they get to cash in on the growth spurt, and if they time their buying and selling right, they can cash out before the market catches up with itself.

keTiiDCjGVo

Growth on credit has been really pushed by the recent administration, in both goverment spending, and encouragement of consumer spending. But again, that kind of policy doesn't help anyone but investors. As they get to cash in on the growth spurt, and if they time their buying and selling right, they can cash out before the market catches up with itself.

The administration is not to blame for that. I mean holding GWB accountable for everything is a little silly. What about all of the congress members who pass billions on subsidies and BS special interest projects. I am not blaming anyone in particular but stronlgy believe this nation needs to get it's act together or face a very difficult and bleak, even bankrupt, future.

It also did not take a financial genius to realize that a boom created by inflated property prices or the trend of property flipping was not going to last. A property boom being driven by an overall economic boom is a different story. Hence why even someone from LA will have trouble buying a place in Sydney..

Edited by Boo-Yah!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Legals who don't pay taxes will get rebates, as long as they contributed to payroll taxes. This should be true for illegals as well.

Denying them is a slap on all that is good and human.

Stop the hate!

:thumbs: I agree. If someone pays taxes then they are entitled to the refund regardless of their legal status. If somoene is illegal and IS paying their taxes then that shows responsibility on their part.

umm. except for the fact if they're paying taxes. they have stolen someones SS#

I know.I don't know any of them who actually use an ITIN number.Most of them are working with deseased individuals numbers.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE