w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Illegal immigrants may get rebates

269 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yay for sending all their money to their homeland, and not in our economy!

You do realize that we function within a larger, world economy, right?

captainobvious.jpg

At least you have proven that you can use google.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6101801756.html

Immigrant workers are sending more money than ever to their families in Latin America, but two new studies show that only a small portion of the billions of dollars directed there has gone to economic development.

A report released yesterday by the Inter-American Development Bank estimates that immigrants living in the United States will send $45 billion to family members this year, representing a steady increase from about $2 billion in 1980.

Tell me, how DOES that help the US economy?

Here's a question for you. When someone goes to Western Union to send money to their family where do they specify if they are here illegally or not?

Google that answer. Or read the article cited. ;)

Timeline

Immigrant workers are sending more money than ever to their families in Latin America, but two new studies show that only a small portion of the billions of dollars directed there has gone to economic development.

A report released yesterday by the Inter-American Development Bank estimates that immigrants living in the United States will send $45 billion to family members this year, representing a steady increase from about $2 billion in 1980.

For one, the US economy prospers by reducing costs via lower wages. This allows companies to reduce costs, which gives them added pricing flexibility. This increases their demand on the world market, which increases exports.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

there's gonna be a lot of ducks around here tomorrow

FRIDAY, Smoke... FRIDAY :whistle:

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

there's gonna be a lot of ducks around here tomorrow

FRIDAY, Smoke... FRIDAY :whistle:

:lol::lol::lol:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Timeline

I sure hope demand-driven economics makes sense to you.

Here's a question for you. When someone goes to Western Union to send money to their family where do they specify if they are here illegally or not?

Google that answer. Or read the article cited. ;)

I read the article, it doesn't say illegal. We were discussing illegals sending money back home, this article doesn't say how much of that money is sent from illegals.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Other Timeline
Just anounced on CNN.....Senate will block rebates to illegals..........

Really? How would they figure it out who is legal Vs illegal?

Well - if they require permanent residency for the rebate, that's how.

Which would leave out a whole host of taxpayers who were legally admitted to this country.

Edited by rebeccajo

:lol: After reading Steve's thread I just figured out why people keep talking about ducks. :lol::lol::lol:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Timeline

For one, the US economy prospers by reducing costs via lower wages. This allows companies to reduce costs, which gives them added pricing flexibility. This increases their demand on the world market, which increases exports.

Too bad no one can buy those lower-priced items made in China or by illegal labour here....THEY DON'T HAVE JOBS ANY LONGER.

Fact.

Look up the unemployment rate. Look up "GE Plant Closes in Bloomington Indiana" Look up "Yahoo cuts 1000 jobs", etc etc.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Which would leave out a whole host of taxpayers who were legally admitted to this country.

I suspect that those rebate returns that are questionable, such as those with no SSN, will be witheld and there will be some mechanism to claim the rebate if one meets the qualifications of legal resident.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

I suspect that those rebate returns that are questionable, such as those with no SSN, will be witheld and there will be some mechanism to claim the rebate if one meets the qualifications of legal resident.

No SSN?

Can you file a tax return without a Social Security number?

No SSN?

Can you file a tax return without a Social Security number?

Yes, those with ITIN....

miss_me_yet.jpg