38 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I make about 90k a year. IM single live alone, but do not own my condo and have a bout 8k saved up. Will i have a problem with this info getting my girlfriend over from Dominican republic with her son?

Since you meet the guidelines on income alone you do not need any proof of assets/savings etc. All you will probably need are your paystubs, letter from your employer and tax returns.

Good luck :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
I make about 90k a year. IM single live alone, but do not own my condo and have a bout 8k saved up. Will i have a problem with this info getting my girlfriend over from Dominican republic with her son?

Doesn't sound like it. Would you have a problem getting my boyfriend over here?

:P Share the wealth!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

• 2 months later...

I have a question - I have a joint sponsor who is self-employed, and we got an RFE asking for pay stubs and an employment letter! What should we do?

Christian & Erika

10/10/06 - We meet in an online forum.

4/23/07 - We are officially a couple. <3

7/17/07 - First meeting in person - Rochester NY (several visits back and forth follow).

12/15/08 - Our daughter, Annika, is born.

4/1/09 - Christian comes to visit on the VWP (5th visit to US, POE is Newark, no hassles).

5/26/09 - We get married! Small wedding, planned in a month, but very nice. :)

Adjustment of Status

7/3/09 -- Mailed I-485,I-130,I-765,I-131, Medical - certified mail

7/6/09 -- Delivery confirmation on USPS website

7/14/09 -- Receipts arrive.

7/16/09 -- Can pull up case with receipt numbers on USCIS website.

7/25/09 -- RFE. Our joint sponsor did not provide proof of citizenship or enough proof of his income.

8/17/09 -- Received AP document.

8/19/09 -- Biometrics appointment.

8/28/09 -- Received EAD card.

9/29/09 -- Interview - APPROVED!!!

10/3/09 -- Welcome letter.

10/9/09 -- Green card in hand!

I have a question - I have a joint sponsor who is self-employed, and we got an RFE asking for pay stubs and an employment letter! What should we do?

Have your joint sponsor get tax transcripts (has all the info needed) - even if self employed, they still have to pay taxes and it shows income level/source.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok here is my question if anyone could help.

I am trying to start the K1 process and I have a fiance, stepson, 2 children, and 1 on the way (I know, alot of children lol), I have been living and working in Juarez Mexico with them, but now am in the process of trying to get them all into the US. With that being said, I know that my income from mexico can not be claimed. I read through the guides, wiki, and the I864 requirements, and am confused. It says that a co-sponsor must live in the same household? I have both a mother and sister who are more than willing to co sponsor, and together make around 90k a year combined income, but do not live in the same household. So, what can we do? Do we have any chance at all of being approved? I just moved back to SC, and am trying to build a household here so that my fiance and children will have a decent life here. I am not rich, but dearly love my fiance and kids, so any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

i have a question for who ever can answer it . i will be planning to start college if i get approved . but however, i am on ssi all teh means means tested assistant . but i hope that will chage soon inshallah . but my question is when i do start working on there program from ssi can i apply for my husband or do i have to be completly off the means tested assistance ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.