29 posts in this topic

I got an email that said this:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.

Does this mean California transferred it and I have to have an interview or that it is still in California and pending?

Edited by JoeCanuk

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Well, I'm betting it means I have to go for an interview. Figures. Thanks to the 19 people who couldn't be bothered to answer. :thumbs:

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

if none of those 19 people knew the correct answer, why would they reply? I think it means ur application has been denied and its being transferred to ur local office for the denial! lol there ya go a response, but not the right one,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Based on the information you have given, outside of the original transfer to California, and if you never got anything saying you were transfered againg then. If the actual I-797 says you were transfered to California.The email is stating that the center you were transfered to has the documents and processing is continuing.

I have been touched several times and my message in the system says the same thing. Not to worry unless you have recived something saying you were transfered to another Center. Therefore, you are still on the fast track for approval.

Gotta love how USCIS makes sending updates complicated and or confusing :unsure: .

if none of those 19 people knew the correct answer, why would they reply? I think it means ur application has been denied and its being transferred to ur local office for the denial! lol there ya go a response, but not the right one,lol

:P LOL :lol:

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Exactly. Well not the part about the denial, but people get upset when told wrong or conflicted information, so if no one knows the answer, it is useless to answer. Especially since no one knows what other updates the OP has received, no one can say if California has just received it or transferred it to another office.

Getting bitter and angry because no one had an answer isn't going to fuel productive responses, either.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was one of those 19 - I didn't know - and still don't know the answer. So, I looked at the post and moved on, expecting that someone else who did know the answer, would respond.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont know neather but maybe you can post your question in the transferd to CSC treat ??

I noticed people post about getting transferd from one place to the next and all around in tranferd to CSC treat

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

It means your file is now in a big box (aka "the queue") at CSC

Really? I got the same thing this morning - so there will be no interview? How much longer can we expect the whole thing to take if this is the case?

Lifting Conditions

01/19/2010 - Mailed I-751 Packet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.

Does this mean California transferred it and I have to have an interview or that it is still in California and pending?

I got the same message and asked the same thing a little while ago. I am pretty sure all it means is that it is still at California and they have now received it. "This case is now pending AT THE OFFICE TO WHICH IT WAS TRANSFERRED." I'm sure they'd tell if they transferred it back to the home office.

Well, I'm betting it means I have to go for an interview. Figures. Thanks to the 19 people who couldn't be bothered to answer. :thumbs:

Maybe none of those 19 folks knew the answer and maybe some of them were marked online but not even near their computers! :whistle:

I don't think it necessarily means you have to go for the interview.

LOL :whistle:

Edited by Melyssa

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Really? I got the same thing this morning - so there will be no interview? How much longer can we expect the whole thing to take if this is the case?

Not necessarily true but according to the posts on this site it does seem likely that if your case was transferred to CA then it will be approved without an interview but it's not a guarantee as some cases have been transferred back and the folks had an interview. Not many though I don't think. And we were transferred, and we just got an RFE. So who knows.

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Joe Ithink that it is basically a confirmation from CSC that your physical file ie the hard copy has been received by them after shipment from Chicago. I may be wrong but that is how I read the same message and it also seems a pretty logical suggesstion. As for the response thing, I can see why people wouldn't respond if they were unsure. I have to say that the senior member that replied with the unhelpful and abusive comment, should be censured within VJ as I thought that those that attain such levels were supposed to be 'all helpful', apparently not.

Hang in there Joe its just a waiting game from here on in and as long as you can continue to work there's no real rush...............

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mine was 30 days +/- a day or two from date of transfer....... YMMV

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Calm down and take a chill pill(Ice Cold Miller will do fine), it would appear it is good news for you, your case was transferred to California and more then likely you will not have to have an interview, good chance that within 30-45 days you get GC in mail. Good luck. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Actually, it really varies so no one here can give you a concrete answer. Some take a week or two after transfer, some a couple of months, some 6 months and some are still waiting after a year or two.

Best thing to do is try to relax and just get on with life. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.