raymaga

WORK ON BOXING DAY!!!! WHAT?????

94 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Well, I work in a hotel so I had to work Christmas day and Boxing day :(

Normally, people would have both off though! I so need a different job!

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Well, I work in a hotel so I had to work Christmas day and Boxing day :(

Normally, people would have both off though! I so need a different job!

I used to work in a nursing home and always seemed to work either Christmas day or Boxing day or even both. 24/7 jobs can be a pain at holidays when everyone else seems to have the day off.

K1

02/09/2007 I-129F Petition received at Nebraska SC

09/11/2007 Medical scheduled at 10.30am

01/14/2008 Interview at 9.30am Approved

03/13/2008 POE

04/22/2008 Wedding

AOS

05/23/2008 Filed for AOS, EAD and AP.           

09/08/2008 EAD card received.                         

09/15/2008 AP received.                                    

11/25/2008 Card production ordered

Removal of Conditions

10/22/2010 Filed for Removal of Conditions

12/18/2010 Green Card received

Naturalization

11/21/2016 Mailed N400 Naturalization application

11/29/2016 Application received

12/02/2016 NOA1

12/30/2016 Biometrics

01/04/2017 In line for interview

02/09/2017 Received interview letter

03/16/2017 Interview in St Paul, Mn - PASSED!!

03/16/2017 Same day Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Exactly my point! Let's rename them to "Family (Maybe For You, Not Our Employees) Video". Yeah, just impossible to pick up that DVD a day before or just, ahhh, watch one you have at home already. "No kids, we are going to watch a new release on Christmas!" Very sad.

"Family Video" (which just opened here a few weeks ago) advertised that it would be open on Xmas from 10am until midnight. Am I the only one who sees the humour in that?

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I miss UK Boxing Day TV. The TV here stinks like smelly poo. :protest:

Do you also find that the best British TV series are not available on DVD in the US?

You can get Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses, but they only released the first season of Peep Show on DVD in the US.

I also wanted to see that BBC series Life on Mars, but that hasn't made its way over here.

I download UK TV shows from the net, so I see them that way (including Life on Mars, Top Gear and various comedy programmes). If you have a DVD player that plays both regions and a newish TV you could always order them from Amazon.co.uk and get them shipped over here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hate to work the day after I always take it off with or w/o pay :). My husband thinks it is crazy, he thinks everything is closed and the country shuts down and party :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

We always have to schedule our Christmas get togethers around my family's work schedule because my mom is a dr, my aunt is a nurse, and my other aunt is a pharmacist...they always have to work on some holiday...I think they each get one holiday a year by picking it out of a hat or something haha. CVS & Walgreens were open here on Christmas day and the parking lots were packed. Everyone went there for whatever they forgot.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

none of the supervisors at my job came to work yesterday (except for the 'obsessive compulsive never misses a day of work' one)...kind of bulldoogies if you ask me...how come only the employees have to come to work, while all the bosses are on vacation? so typical

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I get Christmas Eve, Christmas, and the 26th off. My Dad gets the entire week off and so do the rest of his employees. I think it does suck to have to work on the day after Christmas. I also think that it sucks to have to work any day of the year.

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my hubby had to work Christmas Eve..... he got Christmas Day off but then he had to go back to work the next day... :P

I am sure the same thing is going to happen for New Years...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Not feeling very sympathetic...

( I worked Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, Boxing Day, and will be working New Year's Eve and New Year's) :(

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

I'm from Canada and we get the day after Christmas (commonly known as "Boxing Day") off. In all my years of working, I have NEVER had to work the day after Christmas and find this to be one of the weirdest "differences" between Canada and the U.S.

hah my husband takes boxing day off... he says hes just being nice and trying to make me feel like im in canada... but i know he just wants the day off :)

since its not a holiday here i didnt find it odd at all.. USA has many different holidays than canada. MLKday was one of the ones that puzzled me here ( first time i met brian in person was the MLKday weekend, he took a bus up... only reason i actually knew he had it as an actual holiday ) .. but meh, long as brians home from work i dont care the reason.

what drives me nuts is that most ppl consider christmas eve a holiday... its not a freaking holiday! :)

yeah some get off early, but man it screws up all of our mail and drives me crazy. grrr! no more holidays that screwup my potentially on time gifts! :) ( and yes i had a gift not arrive because of freaking christmas eve " holiday" #######. i am bitter. :)

-Natalie and Brian in Lebanon, Ohio

i%20am%20canadian.JPG

Want to see my K1 visa timeline? Click Here

Want to see my AOS timeline? (quick version below)

07-08-05 Mailed AOS packet

12-12-05 AOS approved; no interview

12-17-05 Green card recieved + Welcome letter.

WHERE WE ARE NOW Filing for Citizenship

10 Yr GC petition

11-20-07 I-751 Pkg mailed to Nebraska (here we go again)

11-23-07 Confirmed delivered to PO Box

11-23-07 NOA 1 date

12-07-07 NOA 1 Received in the mail

Our case is now at the Cali SC. The 6 month timer ticks.

12-12-07 Biometrics appointment notice recieved

01-03-08 Biometrics

01-04-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

01-06-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

03-19-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 18, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

03-24-08 Online Case status 'last updated'

On March 22, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED.

~~~~~~

34e1c26.jpg Y!: natalie_c81 AIM: pdd4me81 MSN: nataliec81

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I too find it really strange to have to work St Steven's Day/Boxing Day/Day After Christmas, It's really weird. I think I'm still stuck in the mindset from back home where we got a week and a half off for Christmas, a few days at Halloween, even a day or two for Easter and two weeks "holiday" during the summer.

I didn't work the day after Christmas although I had to use up an annual day to cover it which is strange! Although I'm not complaining there are lots of people working right the way through Christmas and the New Year we're lucky enough to have Christmas Eve/Day and New Year's Eve/Day off.

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Yes, I went to work on the day after Christmas too. :( I tried to get a PTO, but my superiors won't let me. While they are all out travelling to another part of the world on vacation, I am doing their work for them. Sucks.

Edited by krakatoa

America is one of the few western countries that do not celebrate Boxing day. :blink: I sure could use another holiday, we only get twelve where I work :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne