yellow123

Having a baby to show bonafide evidence ?

40 posts in this topic

Yellow,

What other evidence was provided to prove your bonafide relationship? If you are hinging all your evidence on a baby between the 2 of you, then I can understand why the CO decided to ask for more.

Did you provide phone bills, proof of visits (passport stamps), photos from visits, proof of talking to each other regularly, affidavits from people who have knowledge that your relationship is bonafide?

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I would never even imagine the scenario above to happen. It would be very inhuman. ... Read some of the situations at visajourney and you'll see.

heh...I've been around here a very very long time yellow. I've read quite a bit of the situations here at VJ. And I'm sure there's been more than one American citizen over the years whose been taken to the cleaners just for the green card.

Never have I said that this is what's going on with you, I'm just saying that the COs know it happens all the time, so they're looking for genuine relationships, and a baby is not always evidence of that.

Again, I think there may just be problem with sentence structure but I think "having a baby to show a bona fide relationship" is pretty inhuman. I suspect you had other reasons, like actually wanting a child or children.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The very title of the thread is "Having a baby to show bonafide evidence?" and the initial question of the OP is "has anyone in here have a baby just to show proof of bonafide evidence and how did it work out ?" :whistle:

But then the OP gets upset when someone suggests that having a baby before the visa is issued proves nothing more then that the beneficiary and petitioner had sex? :blink: In the future, a more careful choice of words perhaps? :unsure:

Just because two people had a baby does not mean the beneficiary visa application should immediately be considered as bona-fide and be issued a visa. More is needed to prove the completenes and validity of the relationship.....and in this case proves just that. They see that a baby is involved, have all the information(including DNA results), and it still has not resulted in a visa yet. Rather the consulate's response that "Your case requires additional processing in our office. You do not need to submit further documents. We will contact you when we have finished processing your case" is spot on. They will examine the case, like everyone else's, and once convinced of the "bonafides" of the marriage (the basis of the visa application) they will issue the visa.

Good luck,

-P

Edited by Paula&Minya
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You got that right! :thumbs: There are people, sad as it is, willing to have sex, produce an offspring, solely for the purpose of believing it will secure them a permanent place in America. "Look we had a baby, we are a real couple!" Never mind the fact we can't show anything else that proves us a family.

The very title of the thread is "Having a baby to show bonafide evidence?" and the initial question of the OP is "has anyone in here have a baby just to show proof of bonafide evidence and how did it work out ?" :whistle:

But then the OP gets upset when someone suggests that having a baby before the visa is issued proves nothing more then that the beneficiary and petitioner had sex? :blink: In the future, a more careful choice of words perhaps? :unsure:

Just because two people had a baby does not mean the beneficiary visa application should immediately be considered as bona-fide and be issued a visa. More is needed to prove the completenes and validity of the relationship.....and in this case proves just that. They see that a baby is involved, have all the information(including DNA results), and it still has not resulted in a visa yet. Rather the consulate's response that "Your case requires additional processing in our office. You do not need to submit further documents. We will contact you when we have finished processing your case" is spot on. They will examine the case, like everyone else's, and once convinced of the "bonafides" of the marriage (the basis of the visa application) they will issue the visa.

Good luck,

-P

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Timeline
Yellow,

What other evidence was provided to prove your bonafide relationship? If you are hinging all your evidence on a baby between the 2 of you, then I can understand why the CO decided to ask for more.

Did you provide phone bills, proof of visits (passport stamps), photos from visits, proof of talking to each other regularly, affidavits from people who have knowledge that your relationship is bonafide?

I was about to ask the same thing. Having a child is in no way irrefutable proof of a bona fide relationship; and the instructions for proof are specific enough -- you require documentation like the one mentioned above. Did you provide any of this?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good luck,

-P

Had 2 kids with my ex........that was a bonafide disaster!!!! Babies really don't prove a relationship....just that there was a relationship for at least 5 minutes :lol:

When people are genuine about thier relationship they will do everything to be together. If a couple is facing the "bonafide evidence" requirement then having a baby will sigificiently help, at least, that's what in the mind of people like us.

I have talked to a CO about this matter and she informed me that usually there will not be a problem obtaining a visa once the child gets his DNA tested with a positive result.

The child won't have a problem because he's a USC (once proven) and wouldn't need a visa, just an American passport, if you're a citizen in most cases. If you're a PR, then he's eligible for a visa.That doesn't say anything about the mother's chances.

The baby alone doesn't prove anything. If you have a child together, certainly bring the birth certificate, but I can't think of a case where the CO said "Well, your case looks great, and you would have been approved had you two had a child together."

If you're looking for more evidence, think plane tickets, pictures, e-mail, phone calls, pictures with family, affadavits from friends, not a pregnancy test.

Edited to clarify.

Edited by Caladan

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Is this still going on? :blink:

My husband and I have 1 dog and 2 cats together, I wonder if that's enough bonafide evidence? :unsure::innocent:

Yellow, the truth is, the CO will look at the case as a whole, he can't base the desicion solely on the fact that you have a kid together. The fact that you have ongoing comunication, 5 trips together, AAAAND a child born to the marriage, will all certainly help. But every case is unique and no one can predict the outcome of an interview, specially the VJ community since we only know a small portion of what the CO will know. You'll have to wait for their answer, and all we say...is speculation.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I have my interview for K3/K4 visa at the embassy in October. I know my husband for 3 years and we have 1 year old baby. When I went to the interview I brought with me many photos where we have been together and from the wedding. The CO refused to take them. He said he didn't need them because it is pretty clear that our marriage is real because we have a child. They didn't ask me questions to verify our relationship. We received our visas. It is my personal experience. They even didn't take my evidences. We never made DNA test.

When we sent our I 130 one of the requirements was to enclose documents proving family relationship. One of this documents is "Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together". We enclosed only Birth certificate and everything was o.k.

Frankly speaking I don't believe that somebody will have a child only for immigration purposes. For me it is not serious to think that having a child is a proof that you have only sexual relationship with this woman/man. Hope that most families have children after serious relationship.

Timeline
I have my interview for K3/K4 visa at the embassy in October. I know my husband for 3 years and we have 1 year old baby. When I went to the interview I brought with me many photos where we have been together and from the wedding. The CO refused to take them. He said he didn't need them because it is pretty clear that our marriage is real because we have a child. They didn't ask me questions to verify our relationship. We received our visas. It is my personal experience. They even didn't take my evidences. We never made DNA test.

When we sent our I 130 one of the requirements was to enclose documents proving family relationship. One of this documents is "Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together". We enclosed only Birth certificate and everything was o.k.

Frankly speaking I don't believe that somebody will have a child only for immigration purposes. For me it is not serious to think that having a child is a proof that you have only sexual relationship with this woman/man. Hope that most families have children after serious relationship.

Evidences you had that the OP doesn't have are a "Marriage Certificate" and the fact that your child was a US Citizen born to a married couple.

The OP and his fiance are not married and no mention is made of having secured a US passport for the child. Bulgaria is also not Vietnam. Big difference in fraud level and Consulate procedures.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Evidences you had that the OP doesn't have are a "Marriage Certificate" and the fact that your child was a US Citizen born to a married couple.

The OP and his fiance are not married and no mention is made of having secured a US passport for the child. Bulgaria is also not Vietnam. Big difference in fraud level and Consulate procedures.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Oops. They would have a marriage certificate. In the OP's case, the fact that they asked for a DNA test indicates some doubt had been present. We have no clue as to the reason for that, unless the couple thought the kid was all they needed for evidence of bona fides.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Oops. They would have a marriage certificate. In the OP's case, the fact that they asked for a DNA test indicates some doubt had been present. We have no clue as to the reason for that, unless the couple thought the kid was all they needed for evidence of bona fides.

I'm confused too, the OP says they had a K3 interview and calls the non usc "his wife", but the profile says they are applying for K1 and the signature only mentions the filing of I-129F

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.