yellow123

Having a baby to show bonafide evidence ?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our K3 interview ended up with the blue paper asking for "bonifide evidence". Our son was born before the interview, but didn't get his DNA testing done in time to show the interviewing CO. His paperwork is now completed and we've turned it in to show proof of "bonifide evidence". To our dismay we recieved a green paper stating "Your case requires additional processing in our office. You do not need to submit further documents. We will contact you when we have finished processing your case"

My question is that has anyone in here have a baby just to show proof of bonafide evidence and how did it work out ?

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2005-10-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-10-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-11-15

case forwarded to HCMC : 2005-12-11

Pack 3: lost in the mail

Pack 3 picked up @ window: 2006-1-20

Pack 3 sent: 2006-2-10

Pack 4 received: 2006-3-23

Interview: 2006-4-13

K3 Interview: 2007-7-6

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

a baby is only evidence that you've had sex at least once. Not evidence of a genuine marriage.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Timeline
a baby is only evidence that you've had sex at least once. Not evidence of a genuine marriage.

Reda

Saying unmindful things like this really tick me off. If your relationship is genuine then you wouldn't mind having a baby to support your case. I'm willing to guess that those who have children between them is more likely to stay together longer than those who dont.

By the tone of your text, it sounds like you're assuming that we're not genuine. Let me tell you that I've visited my wife 5 times, stayed in her house and traveled everywhere with her. We have several hundreds pictures, many letters and post cards, and also countless of hours on Yahoo and through the phone.

I would appreciate it if you were more mindful the next time you post things.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

With all respect, Reda speaks the truth. A baby (on its own) is not proof of an ongoing or even valid relationship. It only shows that two people engaged in a sexual relationship. I don't consider Reda believes your realtionship is necessarily not genuine. She is only pointing out the same thing as I. Babies have been used as pawns before. It is sad but true. You need to bring more to the table then, "Look we had a baby." No one is picking on you, just trying to help you understand the thinking of the C/O. :)

Reda

Saying unmindful things like this really tick me off. If your relationship is genuine then you wouldn't mind having a baby to support your case. I'm willing to guess that those who have children between them is more likely to stay together longer than those who dont.

By the tone of your text, it sounds like you're assuming that we're not genuine. Let me tell you that I've visited my wife 5 times, stayed in her house and traveled everywhere with her. We have several hundreds pictures, many letters and post cards, and also countless of hours on Yahoo and through the phone.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Reda

You asked a straight up question and got a straight up answer. If you get any "tone" from that, it's from your own imagination.

Words mean things. No, I've never heard of anybody having a baby to show evidence of bona fides. If a couple does choose to have a baby, that certainly can add positively to the overall picture of bonafides but in and of itself, it proves absolutely nothing, particularly in the PI where abortion is illegal, besides the couple had sex.

You didn't mention any other evidence so there's nothing in your post on which to base a conclusion about your relationship.

I think your notice just means they routinely have management people review such cases before rendering a decision.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

When people are genuine about thier relationship they will do everything to be together. If a couple is facing the "bonafide evidence" requirement then having a baby will sigificiently help, at least, that's what in the mind of people like us.

I have talked to a CO about this matter and she informed me that usually there will not be a problem obtaining a visa once the child gets his DNA tested with a positive result.

Timeline
When people are genuine about thier relationship they will do everything to be together. If a couple is facing the "bonafide evidence" requirement then having a baby will sigificiently help, at least, that's what in the mind of people like us.

I have talked to a CO about this matter and she informed me that usually there will not be a problem obtaining a visa once the child gets his DNA tested with a positive result.

If you talked to a CO about this, it's beyond me why you asked about it here. I don't expect there will be a problem either but I would think people in a bona fide relationship may or may not want a baby, before or after the visa or whether a visa is needed or not. If the relationship is bona fide, it's usually sufficiently demonstrable with or without a baby.

Some of us are past that place in our lives and get visas anyway. :yes:

So, good luck and here's hoping your wait is not long.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

If you talked to a CO about this, it's beyond me why you asked about it here. I don't expect there will be a problem either but I would think people in a bona fide relationship may or may not want a baby, before or after the visa or whether a visa is needed or not. If the relationship is bona fide, it's usually sufficiently demonstrable with or without a baby.

So, good luck and here's hoping your wait is not long.

The reason why I asked the CO and here as well is that I wanted to reassure myself with the experiences of people who have went before me. It has been a long 2 years of waiting and I want to prepare myself as much as possible. I also wanted to know why the CO made us wait if we had all the paperwork that was asked and also get feedback from those that have been through the same scenario.

With all respect, Reda speaks the truth. A baby (on its own) is not proof of an ongoing or even valid relationship. It only shows that two people engaged in a sexual relationship. I don't consider Reda believes your realtionship is necessarily not genuine. She is only pointing out the same thing as I. Babies have been used as pawns before. It is sad but true. You need to bring more to the table then, "Look we had a baby." No one is picking on you, just trying to help you understand the thinking of the C/O. :)

Zackly! Its happened before, it'll happen again. Woman wants to get to America, gets pregnant, dupes man into green card, then splits. C/Os are well aware of this, so if your only "evidence" of a relationship is a baby, I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

Hi Jackie, how you doing sweetie? :)

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

:yes::thumbs:

I would think people in a bona fide relationship may or may not want a baby, before or after the visa or whether a visa is needed or not. If the relationship is bona fide, it's usually sufficiently demonstrable with or without a baby.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Timeline

Zackly! Its happened before, it'll happen again. Woman wants to get to America, gets pregnant, dupes man into green card, then splits. C/Os are well aware of this, so if your only "evidence" of a relationship is a baby, I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

I would never even imagine the scenario above to happen. It would be very inhuman. To those of you who thinks that those who have children to satisfy the "bonafide evidence" requirement are those that don't have any other evidences then you are mistaken. Usually those are the people that have known each other for a long time and have as much evidence as anybody, but is just dealing with a very hard consulate that requires 3 times as much as a normal consulate. Read some of the situations at visajourney and you'll see.

Timeline

I would never even imagine the scenario above to happen. It would be very inhuman. To those of you who thinks that those who have children to satisfy the "bonafide evidence" requirement are those that don't have any other evidences then you are mistaken. Usually those are the people that have known each other for a long time and have as much evidence as anybody, but is just dealing with a very hard consulate that requires 3 times as much as a normal consulate. Read some of the situations at visajourney and you'll see.

I think there's just some miscommunication going on. You keep writing "have children to satisfy bona fide evidence requirement...." as if your only reason to have a child was to prove your relationship is bona fide. What at least, I'm saying is that when the relationship is bona fide, there is usually enough evidence that any couple who has a child, does so for other more traditional reasons. Anything they subsequently gain in evidence of bona fides is incidental to their choice to have a child.

Do you really mean to say the primary reason why you chose to have a child is to bolster your bona fides evidence? If so, so be it. If not, then please understand the source of any misunderstanding.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

I would never even imagine the scenario above to happen. It would be very inhuman. ... Read some of the situations at visajourney and you'll see.

heh...I've been around here a very very long time yellow. I've read quite a bit of the situations here at VJ. And I'm sure there's been more than one American citizen over the years whose been taken to the cleaners just for the green card.

Never have I said that this is what's going on with you, I'm just saying that the COs know it happens all the time, so they're looking for genuine relationships, and a baby is not always evidence of that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.