yellow123

Having a baby to show bonafide evidence ?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Oops. They would have a marriage certificate. In the OP's case, the fact that they asked for a DNA test indicates some doubt had been present. We have no clue as to the reason for that, unless the couple thought the kid was all they needed for evidence of bona fides.

I'm confused too, the OP says they had a K3 interview and calls the non usc "his wife", but the profile says they are applying for K1 and the signature only mentions the filing of I-129F

Saludos,

Caro

Yeah, being in the wrong forum gets confusing. Ok, no marriage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wrote this earlier on the first page of this thread, but to clarify, I'll write it again. We have plenty of evidences. I've visited my wife a total of 5 times, we stayed at her house and went everywhere together. We have numerous letters & post cards, countless hours spent on Yahoo and on the phone together. I've stayed at her house for so long that I can identify almost about anyone in her neighborhood. We also have several hundred pictures together.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2005-10-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-10-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-11-15

case forwarded to HCMC : 2005-12-11

Pack 3: lost in the mail

Pack 3 picked up @ window: 2006-1-20

Pack 3 sent: 2006-2-10

Pack 4 received: 2006-3-23

Interview: 2006-4-13

K3 Interview: 2007-7-6

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have a habit of calling my fiancée my wife too. We've called each other husband & wife for the past two years or so. When I lived in Kazan' with her it was just easier. Quite a few people call each other husband and wife even if they aren't offically married in Russia if they live together. Maybe the O/P is the same way.

I'm confused too, the OP says they had a K3 interview and calls the non usc "his wife", but the profile says they are applying for K1 and the signature only mentions the filing of I-129F

Saludos,

Caro

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes, we are married and have a marriage certificate. We married on my 3rd trip to Vietnam. By the way, a trip to Vietnam is about 30 hours long from the place I live and I've made 5 trips. I've spent much energy and effort trying to get my wife and son to unite with me. During the past 2 years I've tried almost everything to make this happen.

I didn't know that people are so negative in here. Maybe I wanted to write a quick post and didn't word it correctly. All I wanted to know from people who have experienced this was how much did having a baby factor in on the final decision ? I specifically appreciate your post, kalina.

I would appreciate if people would read the whole thread before posting anything.

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2005-10-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-10-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2005-11-15

case forwarded to HCMC : 2005-12-11

Pack 3: lost in the mail

Pack 3 picked up @ window: 2006-1-20

Pack 3 sent: 2006-2-10

Pack 4 received: 2006-3-23

Interview: 2006-4-13

K3 Interview: 2007-7-6

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Yes, we are married and have a marriage certificate. We married on my 3rd trip to Vietnam. By the way, a trip to Vietnam is about 30 hours long from the place I live and I've made 5 trips. I've spent much energy and effort trying to get my wife and son to unite with me. During the past 2 years I've tried almost everything to make this happen.

I didn't know that people are so negative in here. Maybe I wanted to write a quick post and didn't word it correctly. All I wanted to know from people who have experienced this was how much did having a baby factor in on the final decision ? I specifically appreciate your post, kalina.

I would appreciate if people would read the whole thread before posting anything.

Yellow, then why did you apply for a K1 through filing a I-129f if you are already married? K1 is for fiance, meaning, not married yet.

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

The responses you've received are direct responses to what you wrote and how you wrote it. Nobody responded about the results of having a baby to show bonafide evidence because nobody actually does that. If they have a baby, they do so for more conventional reasons related to family and wanting a baby.

Your timeline and profile are confusing so we responded as if you aren't married. Several times, your specific wording was questioned and you not only never changed it but continued to use it. The more you used it, the more we believed that's what you meant.

You also got your answer early in the thread when I told you people just don't do what you asked about and that such cases require a review at a higher level.

This is a medium of the written word. If you want to be understood in the future, I suggest you take more care in writing. No need for perfect prose, just say what you mean.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I read all of this. Different question, we have significant evidence of realtionship, over last two years 12 or more trips together , three russian visa's for me(wish her's was so easy to get)rented house and apartment, tickets, passports, letters from her parents and grandparents, and now we are 7 months pregnant, and almost 5 months into visa process. 129F. we cant get married or the process starts over again, and are scared the visa wont come before birth in russia. reading here on VJ about some medical issues and the way fathers are treated in russia makes the thought of birth there less than appealing.

anyone ever not been approved because paternity gets questioned at interview?

Yellow, then why did you apply for a K1 through filing a I-129f if you are already married? K1 is for fiance, meaning, not married yet.

Saludos,

Caro

Timeline

Sure, when they aren't the father and the mother hasn't been straight with the father.

You don't actually have to be the father for the mother to get the visa but you have to know you're not and want mother and child as family anyway.

What's more likely than denial is there will be a delay during the process of determining paternity.

I read all of this. Different question, we have significant evidence of realtionship, over last two years 12 or more trips together , three russian visa's for me(wish her's was so easy to get)rented house and apartment, tickets, passports, letters from her parents and grandparents, and now we are 7 months pregnant, and almost 5 months into visa process. 129F. we cant get married or the process starts over again, and are scared the visa wont come before birth in russia. reading here on VJ about some medical issues and the way fathers are treated in russia makes the thought of birth there less than appealing.

anyone ever not been approved because paternity gets questioned at interview?

Saludos,

Caro

Google Who is Pushbrk?

When people are genuine about thier relationship they will do everything to be together. If a couple is facing the "bonafide evidence" requirement then having a baby will sigificiently help, at least, that's what in the mind of people like us.

I have talked to a CO about this matter and she informed me that usually there will not be a problem obtaining a visa once the child gets his DNA tested with a positive result.

[/Looks like you got the same SOB that my wife had. He has black short hairand puts MW as his name. He is a heartless, cruel #######. Nothing you give him will be enough evidence, he just wants money under the table.

quote]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hot damn a debate! Don't know how I missed this one. What you have is a citizenship issue, NOT a visa issue. This appears to be a routine stall tactic HCMC is using when a child is brought into the picture. Early on in my journey (not that I'm that far along, but it seems like an eternity already) I wondered about having a kid to expedite the process. Silly me! It appears that it only complicates matters, but may be a solution if all else fails. Sounds like it's a little to late to turn back now.

Yellow congratulations on both your relationship and the birth of your child! Some of the responses remind me of what we call the "Radio Rambo" in the trucking industry. This is the guy who comes on the C.B. and threatens to beat the %^$# out of anyone listening, but when tracked down (which does happen on occasion) he turns out to be 4' tall with little desire to back up his comments! :bonk:

If it helps any I believe you have a legitimate relationship. I'm an idiot though! If I were in charge of HCMC there wouldn't be anyone left in Viet Nam because they would have all been issued Visas to come to the land of milk and cookies!

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.