29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, doldolme said:

@snowcat

This happened to me too! I attached everything when I submitted for the renewal and I guess they just ignored it. I was so angry :S

Do we have to re-submit it or they can just re-process our application?

We have to resubmit! For me, it definitely was because I used an old form - I just called USCIS and they told me the same thing as our ever helpful fellow VJ-members above have said. Just make sure you use the form from the USCIS website and have everything attached. There should be no fee.

What reasons did they give you for rejection?

7 minutes ago, snowcat said:

We have to resubmit! For me, it definitely was because I used an old form - I just called USCIS and they told me the same thing as our ever helpful fellow VJ-members above have said. Just make sure you use the form from the USCIS website and have everything attached. There should be no fee.

Your last entry says February 2018, should it be 2017??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, snowcat said:

The reason is " payment Incorrect", which I am sure it was wrong as we all know it should be no fee.

But I did ignore the detail that my form was 01/17/17, instead of what others mentioned that it should be 07/17/17. I only checked the date on the upper right corner of the form and I thought I got the latest version or the form.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Selma and Nermin said:

Your last entry says February 2018, should it be 2017??

Which entry are you talking about? The date on the upper right corner (Feb 2018) shouldn't matter. It's the date at the bottom left that does. It should state 07/17/17, which as of today, is the latest version of the form.

2 minutes ago, doldolme said:

The reason is " payment Incorrect", which I am sure it was wrong as we all know it should be no fee.

But I did ignore the detail that my form was 01/17/17, instead of what others mentioned that it should be 07/17/17. I only checked the date on the upper right corner of the form and I thought I got the latest version or the form.

Yeah, we have the exact same problem then. We should be fine, as long as we resubmit soon. I'm mailing in another packet today and you should do the same. :) If you want, we can chat about it via private message before mailing out, so we're 100% sure we're submitting the right things! :D 

5 minutes ago, snowcat said:

Which entry are you talking about? The date on the upper right corner (Feb 2018) shouldn't matter. It's the date at the bottom left that does. It should state 07/17/17, which as of today, is the latest version of the form.

Yeah, we have the exact same problem then. We should be fine, as long as we resubmit soon. I'm mailing in another packet today and you should do the same. :) If you want, we can chat about it via private message before mailing out, so we're 100% sure we're submitting the right things! :D 

The box (#12) that asks you when your last entry into the U.S was, you put 02/26/2018

Edited by Selma and Nermin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, snowcat said:

I guess, Selma and Nermin is talking about your answer in p.12" the last entry if the US"  and the date there is 02/26/2018. I think you traveled interbationally , right?...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Selma and Nermin said:

The box (#12) that asks you when your last entry into the U.S was, you put 02/26/2018

Ah, that's correct. I went back to the Philippines with my husband to visit my family last end of January 2018, and came back after 30 days. So that's why my last entry says that.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ksenia_O said:

I guess, Selma and Nermin is talking about your answer in p.12" the last entry if the US"  and the date there is 02/26/2018. I think you traveled interbationally , right?...

Yep! Went back home for a month last Jan-Feb 2018 for vacation :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
7 hours ago, snowcat said:

Ok I will refile today with the same documents except with the updated I-765 form.

Should I mention in my cover letter that in my understanding there is NO FEE for renewal for c(9) applicants, and then attach a copy of the instructions page with that detail highlighted? I just want to make sure they don't reject me again!! 

Thanks for all your help guys, this is all making me feel better about the situation. 

Print out every single instruction you can find on USCIS' website that states the fee is waived if you have a pending i-485, and highlight the specific sentence so they can't miss it.

However, I believe the "wrong fee" reason is a generic thing they always add when something else is wrong (like in your case, the wrong form). 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
Just now, Scandi said:

Print out every single instruction you can find on USCIS' website that states the fee is waived if you have a pending i-485, and highlight the specific sentence so they can't miss it.

However, I believe the "wrong fee" reason is a generic thing they always add when something else is wrong (like in your case, the wrong form). 

Yep, this is correct. The USCIS agent on the phone also said the same thing, that "no/wrong fee" often means something else. Makes you wonder why they even put it if it's not accurate? Haha. 

I was able to mail the packet again today, with the correct form this time. Hopefully everything is smooth sailing from now on! And that I get my GC soon so life could be less stressful! :P 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I just checked USCIS website and it says this:

07/17/17. A new edition of this form is coming soon. In the meantime, you may file using the 07/17/17 edition.  You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

K1 Visa Process

Nov. 2016 - Applied for K1 Visa
Nov. 2016 - NOA1 

April 2017 - NOA2 (6 months!)

April 2017 - Arrived to NVC

April 2017 - Got the # from NVC

May 2017 - Case left NVC

May 2017 - Arrived to Embassy

May 2017 - Got Package 3 

May 2017- Got Package 4

May 2017 - Interview [APPROVED!]

June 2017 - Visa arrived home

June 2017 - Made it to the US. Finally with my future hubby!!

July 2017 - Married!

AOS Process

August 2017 - Started AOS

August 2017 - NOA1

Sept. 2017 - Biometrics

19th Dec. 2018 - Interview date  [16 months]

Dec. 2018 - GC processing

29th Dec. 2018 - GC arrived home! [10 days!]
Remove Conditions - Soon...

12 hours ago, snowcat said:

Wow, so I got rejected because my form isn't the current edition? Even if the entire form is exactly the same, except for that date on the lower right??? Haha damn the USCIS is a pain sometimes......

When I called though, the only reason the automated voice told me was that I didn't file the fee (no mention of the non-updated form). So I'm thinking it was really a mistake on their part? Idk...

Isn’t it funny that they can catch something like that date, but, can’t process our GC?  Why will they be able to renew EAD in a timely manner?  :huh:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.