John & Rose

Refused???

249 posts in this topic

I just checked CEAC and saw this...

Please somebody help me...They kept the passports and said everything was fine but they needed the AKA NBI.

5ae14623839a7_ScreenShot2018-04-25at10_20_07PM.jpg.654fc236c4c664dc8fd3c3f5d7dd7f78.jpg

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Could this maybe be an error on their part? I read your embassy review, and I can imagine that this status update is very unexpected. It seemed like you were basically approved on the spot, except for a document that needed to be corrected. 

Could you contact the embassy? I hope it's just some technical error, and that everything will work out for you. Good luck!

I did contact the Embassy. They said it is denied and that I need to wait for the letter to know why. The CO told us everything was fine and even gave the paperwork about abuse. We did need the NBI AKA for the misspelling. We did that. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I did contact the Embassy. They said it is denied and that I need to wait for the letter to know why. The CO told us everything was fine and even gave the paperwork about abuse. We did need the NBI AKA for the misspelling. We did that. 

That is very strange. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I hope someone with experience in the Philippines will be able to give you some advice, because I have no idea what could be going on...

Oh no... I wish I had something to add but there's no way to know why it is showing refused until you hear something back explaining it. It could be something as simple as a mistake, or something that even the CO didn't know about at the time. Please, please keep the thread updated. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Oh, and did they say if only the visa is refused or if the I-129F was being returned to the US (NVC/USCIS) as well?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

2 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Oh no... I wish I had something to add but there's no way to know why it is showing refused until you hear something back explaining it. It could be something as simple as a mistake, or something that even the CO didn't know about at the time. Please, please keep the thread updated. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

Oh, and did they say if only the visa is refused or if the I-129F was being returned to the US (NVC/USCIS) as well?

I talked to the Embassy. They say it was denied and that I needed to wait for the email for an explanation. Something happened in AP but it couldn’t have been the 221g.  They didn’t send another 221g so it must be something. We will wait and see. We will do the CR-1 route if we have to. Right now we are at a loss since they kept the passports and congratulated Rose and the kids after the interview. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I talked to the Embassy. They say it was denied and that I needed to wait for the email for an explanation. Something happened in AP but it couldn’t have been the 221g.  They didn’t send another 221g so it must be something. We will wait and see. We will do the CR-1 route if we have to. Right now we are at a loss since they kept the passports and congratulated Rose and the kids after the interview. 

Hang in there, both of you!

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

We will. We will also update people here. Maybe we can help someone else. There was another denial of one of us today. We are messaging each other. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, John & Rose said:

If it is denied, it will be good to know the "why".   Just seems odd from everything you are said about the interview

I do concur with you regarding completing the IR/CR-1 (2) ... IF

A little more patience

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Sorry to hear the news. Keep us updated.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

6 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I just checked CEAC and saw this...

Please somebody help me...They kept the passports and said everything was fine but they needed the AKA NBI.

5ae14623839a7_ScreenShot2018-04-25at10_20_07PM.jpg.654fc236c4c664dc8fd3c3f5d7dd7f78.jpg

Oh no!! Really? So, I'm seeing the only one case been refused but the other two are in processed? I'm wondering what is AKA NBI... I will check this out of my wife's to see what it looks like. Wow thats something odd. Hang in there and keep update to guide others with the matter. Wish you the best luck!

Ok. According to the Manila Embassy website, technically we were “refused” because of the missing NBI AKA. They have not reviewed the newly submitted document so we are refused but still under AP. It is possible that it will still be issued after final review. We will just wait and see what is going on. We got the 221g email within minutes after the interview and so far no additional information. We will hope that they are just slow at reviewing the NBI. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hank_ said:

If it is denied, it will be good to know the "why".   Just seems odd from everything you are said about the interview

I do concur with you regarding completing the IR/CR-1 (2) ... IF

A little more patience

The guy on the phone said denied but the site says refused. We are now thinking that they just updated to the condition after the interview when we received the 221g. Technically, we were refused because of a missing document. We have since submitted that document but have never received confirmation that it was received. It is possible that once they review the NBI it can go back to AP or even issued. At least that is what we are hoping for now. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.