dwheels76

NVC Filers - March 2018

2,156 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KeziaBrian said:

Still waiting for case # NVC received it January 31st... 4 weeks and counting 😪

Are you a pivot case I am a regular case and today makes 3 weeks I have been waiting for a case # this process is by far annoying @KeziaBrian

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Joining the party :)
SD 12/24

Checklist 1/18 (for the last two blank pages of the AOS form), stupid...

2nd SD 1/24

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Just now, No-Where-Man said:

Joining the party :)
SD 12/24

Checklist 1/18 (for the last two blank pages of the AOS form), stupid...

2nd SD 1/24

Because you did not include them? Or because you left the answers blank? I wrote N/A everyone it didn't apply. I don't know if its necessary or not

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Henry&Olga said:

Because you did not include them? Or because you left the answers blank? I wrote N/A everyone it didn't apply. I don't know if its necessary or not

I did not include them cause they did not pertain to me....but they wanted them even if blank....NA is acceptable also...they said even if they are blank, since it is a contract, we have to have all the pages regardless...now they have it lol...

10 minutes ago, No-Where-Man said:

I did not include them cause they did not pertain to me....but they wanted them even if blank....NA is acceptable also...they said even if they are blank, since it is a contract, we have to have all the pages regardless...now they have it lol...

Yeah I called NVC today and the lady told me to make sure you send all the pages!! Will do once my wife sends me all the IV documents. How long did it take from the date you sent to SD?

Timeline
Just now, Henry&Olga said:

Yeah I called NVC today and the lady told me to make sure you send all the pages!! Will do once my wife sends me all the IV documents. How long did it take from the date you sent to SD?

Two days

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
5 hours ago, H&H. said:

everybody getting cc and interviews while still waiting for case # 6 weeks later...

:(( i had to wait 6 weeks. I called 3-4 times a day. It didn’t make the process faster but i really wanted to call. It sucks. But after that in one week you can pay and submit everything and then just wait for cc. Mine went for review the day after i submitted the docs, you basically don’t have to wait for a scan date. Hang in there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So, if I understand this right, the pivot cases are taking up to four weeks right now to receive a CN and IIN? Is there anyone who has received them faster given they are pivot cases as well? I just like to get a feeling for what to expect.

Our case was received on 02/22 and I am guessing that we are in for a wait although we were told it takes up to two weeks to get a CN and IIN number. Or is it country specific again? Meaning a pivot case from Canada may take less/more time than a pivot case from Germany and so forth?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, R&OC said:

So, if I understand this right, the pivot cases are taking up to four weeks right now to receive a CN and IIN? Is there anyone who has received them faster given they are pivot cases as well? I just like to get a feeling for what to expect.

Our case was received on 02/22 and I am guessing that we are in for a wait although we were told it takes up to two weeks to get a CN and IIN number. Or is it country specific again? Meaning a pivot case from Canada may take less/more time than a pivot case from Germany and so forth?

I think at this stage it doesn't matter what country you are from. It is just important if you are a pivot case/ normal / or email. That's what they always say that it would take up to 2 weeks, and then they say I will send it to the supervisor for review and it might take up to 6 weeks for him or her to review it. It took me 6 weeks and I'm applying through Frankfurt too.

Edited by kubes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kubes said:

I think at this stage it doesn't matter what country you are from. It is just important if you are a pivot case/ normal / or email. That's what they always say that it would take up to 2 weeks, and then they say I will send it to the supervisor for review and it might take up to 6 weeks for him or her to review it. It took me 6 weeks and I'm applying through Frankfurt too.

Oh, you mean six weeks after your case arrived at the NVC or after you received your NOA2?

Timeline
1 minute ago, R&OC said:

Oh, you mean six weeks after your case arrived at the NVC or after you received your NOA2?

after they received it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

So after making the phone call last night and getting told it was "case complete" at NVC we wake this morning to an email with a checklist. 

1. Because my wife has lived outside the US for so long she ticked the box for No tax returns for 2016. This was correct but we were silly to not include a note explaining why she did not have to file.

2. Domicile, again something we could have avoided by writing a cover note. My wife has to show "Intent to domicile" and for this we showed bank statements, credit cards, store cards and purchase of a car and proof of extended warranty and voter registration. So she has to write a cover letter with a declaration explaining her intent to domicile and how each piece of included documentation proves that intent. 

No big deal she just has to write both notes and I have to bring them to my interview which she will attend anyway.

14 days from scan date to case complete, the NVC appear to be working fairly quickly to get through cases. It's actually caught us both out because we thought we had more time to plan our move. The thought of having to go through our home now to start packing, arrange for it to be transported by cargo ship seems very daunting. At this moment I wish we lived minimalist lives and could just buy plane tickets and pack a suitcase. House moving is stressfully normally, oh wow the thought of an international house move.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.