ishmeal

I was denied a visa under Sectio 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was denied a visa under Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality at USA embassy in Accra.my question is what should I do to get this fix and how long would that take to get a visa I had mail them and I got email says that I can overcome overcome at any time if the Petitioner can show evidence that the beneficiary will not become a public charge. Applicant is welcome to submit any evidence at the following location in Accra.

20305F6A-52DC-482E-8F02-C4EE3245ABA2.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ishmeal said:

I was denied a visa under Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality at USA embassy in Accra.my question is what should I do to get this fix and how long would that take to get a visa I had mail them and I got email says that I can overcome overcome at any time if the Petitioner can show evidence that the beneficiary will not become a public charge. Applicant is welcome to submit any evidence at the following location in Accra.

20305F6A-52DC-482E-8F02-C4EE3245ABA2.jpeg

Did you have a sponsor?

Timeline

He say will advise me and my wife to hire a lawyer to assist us and I had a co sponsor that meet the poverty guideline that makes 31254 dollars

Timeline

He said my wife and brother in law did have enough money to sponsor me. And my brother in law meet the requirement so I don’t understand them

6 hours ago, ishmeal said:

He said my wife and brother in law did have enough money to sponsor me. And my brother in law meet the requirement so I don’t understand them

your brother in law is married? if he has a family, did you count the other members that he supports?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have seen a case from Nigeria years back where the wife was a decades long welfare recipient and even with a sponsor they declared the partner to be a likely public charge because he wasn't skilled and she had no work history and they really don't like handing out visas thinking they will soon need to try to go after the co sponsor.   What does your wife do for work and what are you planning on doing ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

they are looking at education and work background

Did you tell the CO at interview what your future plans were for a job ?

Do you know the job situation where would live?

not knowing what city this is near we can tell you parts of Mississippi do not have decent jobs (not to insult that state)

$30750 for 4 so you are just within the guidelines there but is this the taxable income (line 37 o tax returns )  that makes a difference

Having future plans is good, but does very little to nothing to address public charge concerns. They need to be assured that they will not become a public charge using the information in front of them right now.

While $31,254 may be over the minimum requirement for the I-864 (depending on household size), the CO looks at the totality of the circumstances to address the public charge requirements. Under the minimum = no visa can be issued.Above minimum = they can issue the visa if the risk is addressed.

@OP

I think you need to either find another sponsor that makes more, OR the petitioner needs to obtain employment that is sufficient to sponsor you.

Did the CO mention anything specific as to why he thinks you may become a public charge? Is there a history of obtaining public/government benefits? Is there a medical condition that requires ongoing or expensive treatment (which can potentially be addressed via providing evidence of insurance coverage and costs)?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Atsu makavelli said:

How can u over come the public charge

1) Obtain additional income and/or assets.

2) Get a joint sponsor.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.