K1visaHopeful

Traveling while on K1 90 day Entry

16 posts in this topic

Hello!

This might be a silly question as I know you can’t leave the US during the 90 days Entry after arriving on your K1 but...

Does Hawaii count?

I am Canadian so this might sound silly but a quick beach wedding might be in the plans...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Hello!

This might be a silly question as I know you can’t leave the US during the 90 days Entry after arriving on your K1 but...

Does Hawaii count?

I am Canadian so this might sound silly but a quick beach wedding might be in the plans...

No it does not count.Hawaii is a U.S. State. Part of the U.S. 

Does anyone have any first hand experience though traveling/ eloping in Hawaii? I should have formed my question to include that.

53 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Does anyone have any first hand experience though traveling/ eloping in Hawaii? I should have formed my question to include that.

You don't need first hand experience to answer your question. Did you have other concerns/questions as well?

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Well well...

One in such a predicament as us as to not break the rules to waste all of our hard work obtaining the K1, I would hope others could understand my concern.

Was hoping to have a reply of someone who DID elope in HI....but nvmd.

I suppose I’ll remove my post if others think my honest question is stupid.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well well...

One in such a predicament as us as to not break the rules to waste all of our hard work obtaining the K1, I would hope others could understand my concern.

I answered your question. Hawaii is a state of the United States of America , just like Texas or Florida. As long as you obtain a marriage license for the state of Hawaii and a licensed official , it is valid. There are plenty of companies that have great elopment packages. 

43 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well well...

Who said your question is stupid? We all understand your concern, we all go through this process. However, you aren't in a predicament. Your stamped passport with valid i94, shows you are legally in the country. There is no worry for you to travel within the US. All I said was you don't need first hand experience to know the answer to your question, meaning you are fine even if no one with first hand experience happens across your question. 

You can go elope and have a wonderful beach wedding. 

I asked about if you had other questions also, since you asked for first hand experience and you got your answer,  it seemed logical that you might be wondering about more things. 

Try to not assume things when you read answers on VJ. I make my answers short and to the point because that's the most informative.

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Well well...

You can report your post to a mod to be closed but you cant remove it.

As stated HI is a US state.  Zero issues as long as the plane doesnt leave the USA.  So don't have a flight that connects in Vancouver BC.

Also you can't leave the USA until you have your advance parole.  Currently the wait time is about 4 months after you send your AOS paperwork, after you're married.   Is not just the first 90 days.  You only have the first 90 days to get married in the USA. 

Edited by NikLR
Spelling

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

5 minutes ago, RcaliforniaR said:

@K1visaHopeful I was actually wondering the same thing about marriage in Hawaii. People on here are weird with their responses! 

How so? 

The question was answered in the very first response to the OP's original post with absolutely no rude remarks or comments, yet the OP insisted he hear from  someone who literally has the exact same situation as theirs. Then responded in a sarcastic tone when another member informed him that the question was accurately answered.

If you were wondering about it also, then @myheart0628 provided the correct answer in post number 2.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
14 minutes ago, RcaliforniaR said:

@K1visaHopeful I was actually wondering the same thing about marriage in Hawaii. People on here are weird with their responses! 

There is nothing weird about any of our responses. The OP asked if going to Hawaii counted as leaving the US. Which I stated no because Hawaii is a a STATE. Therefore you are still in the U.S. All you need to do is obtain a marriage license from the local office of the island you want to be married on. The officiant (who is licensed) will then sign it during the ceromony. Type in Elopment packages in Hawaii into google.Even though it is considered a destination wedding( all weddings not in your home state or city are considered destination), it is still in the U.S. Same exact process like every other state.

Edited by myheart0628

20 hours ago, Suss&Camm said:

You don't need first hand experience to answer your question. Did you have other concerns/questions as well?

Considering that I am the OP, shouldn’t it be up to me to judge whether or not I received an answer to my question or not rather being spoken to in the “tone” above?

I posted this in hopes of hearing from someone who had gone to HI. Someone other than me decided that I didn’t need to hear from someone who went to HI. 

We are all here because we have questions about this process. Some of us would like to feel confident about our situation by talking with someone with experience rather than just knowledge, fact or hearsay. It’s not fair to judge me for that or decide it’s importance to you.

My question still stands:

”Does anyone have any first hand experience traveling/ eloping in HI?” 

Thank you.

Edited by K1visaHopeful
Spelling

21 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

My husband and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We had no problems at all he used his foreign passport as ID and no one even looked at his visa. 

2 minutes ago, Ermin&Zijada said:

My husband and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We had no problems at all he used his foreign passport as ID and no one even looked at his visa. 

Also, we went after our "religious" ceremony so we were not even legally married yet, nor had we applied for his GC so you are good to go. Enjoy Hawaii it was an amazing experience. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Considering that I am the OP, shouldn’t it be up to me to judge whether or not I received an answer to my question or not rather being spoken to in the “tone” above?

I posted this in hopes of hearing from someone who had gone to HI. Someone other than me decided that I didn’t need to hear from someone who went to HI. 

We are all here because we have questions about this process. Some of us would like to feel confident about our situation by talking with someone with experience rather than just knowledge, fact or hearsay. It’s not fair to judge me for that or decide it’s importance to you.

My question still stands:

”Does anyone have any first hand experience traveling/ eloping in HI?” 

Thank you.

This is a public forum. If anyone wants to answer that's fine. You were given the exact answer we provided you with. Anyone who took US history and Geography in grade school is qualified to answer your question. Your tone however is defensive and unnecessary. A quick look at a map of the U.S. would have shown you that it is a U.S. state , you do not need a passport as you are not traveling out of the country. That's like saying do I need a passport to travel from one city to another in Canada. Enjoy your wedding. 

Kindest Regards.

Edited by myheart0628

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.