973 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi everyone. Today i got text message and email that USCIS scheduled my interview and they will mail the letter. Do you know how long usually it takes mail to arrive after status update? My field office Newark, New jersey. Thanks

Timeline

Hi everyone. My interview was scheduled on august 8 , i received text/email notice that day. Today i checked usps inform delivery and still nothing. It’s been 8 days since scheduled notice, is it normal? Am i overreacting here or should i wait a little more. What’s the normal timeframe for letter to arrive? Any advice/help. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dachis said:

Hi everyone. My interview was scheduled on august 8 , i received text/email notice that day. Today i checked usps inform delivery and still nothing. It’s been 8 days since scheduled notice, is it normal? Am i overreacting here or should i wait a little more. What’s the normal timeframe for letter to arrive? Any advice/help. Thanks

Mail can take up to ten business days depending on where you live
Interviews are typically scheduled about a month out from when the notification is given so I say you still got some time before worrying
Perhaps give them till the weekend

Timeline
17 hours ago, emekus94 said:

Mail can take up to ten business days depending on where you live
Interviews are typically scheduled about a month out from when the notification is given so I say you still got some time before worrying
Perhaps give them till the weekend

Thanks a lot. 

1 hour ago, Dachis said:

Thanks a lot. 

The actual interview date is about 1-1.5 months from the date it's scheduled (which you should already knew).

I would start preparing it even though you have not received the mail. Also, if you had a lawyer, they should have a copy in the mail too.

Hope it helps.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:30 AM, Dachis said:

i got my notice in the mail 4 working days after my interview got scheduled. sometimes it can get up to a week or so to get the mail but i think yours is now pushing it. i'd say wait until early next week and then if you still haven't received it, call your local post office to check and then call USCIS too in case it's not there. or call USCIS anyway just to be sure.

Edited by doggieandsam

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
26 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

i got my notice in the mail 4 working days after my interview got scheduled. sometimes it can get up to a week or so to get the mail but i think yours is now pushing it. i'd say wait until early next week and then if you still haven't received it, call your local post office to check and then call USCIS too in case it's not there. or call USCIS anyway just to be sure.

Thanks for advice. I already called USCIS customer service and they told me i’ll get letter within 30 days  if not i should call them back and they will investigate my case. But i made infopass app. In case i don’t receive it in 3 weeks, just to be in safe zone. Don’t know what else can be done

On 8/18/2018 at 12:43 PM, Dachis said:

Thanks for advice. I already called USCIS customer service and they told me i’ll get letter within 30 days  if not i should call them back and they will investigate my case. But i made infopass app. In case i don’t receive it in 3 weeks, just to be in safe zone. Don’t know what else can be done

if it takes an actual 30 days to get the letter, something is usually amiss. did you by any chance move? i have seen it happen sometimes here on vj. members move, they update uscis with their new address but their notices still get sent to the old address. 

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
27 minutes ago, doggieandsam said:

if it takes an actual 30 days to get the letter, something is usually amiss. did you by any chance move? i have seen it happen sometimes here on vj. members move, they update uscis with their new address but their notices still get sent to the old address. 

Yes i moved in may and updated address with USCIS and USPS also. When i called USCIS customer service and checked my address, they confirmed that they have new one in system. So you think there is a chance that they sent it to old address? 

On 8/19/2018 at 1:39 PM, Dachis said:

Yes i moved in may and updated address with USCIS and USPS also. When i called USCIS customer service and checked my address, they confirmed that they have new one in system. So you think there is a chance that they sent it to old address? 

there is a possibility that they could have sent it to the old address. don't take my word for it, i remember reading on here that while USCIS may have your address, the local office may not have it and one or the other is responsible for sending out the actual notice.

your 

Hey, I finally got my interview date but I have a question.

I received the mail today, the letter says it's for me but under it's written c/o [first name and last name of my dad].

Is there an error, it shouldn't be my husband firt and last names there instead of my dad?

I-751:

07/09: Package received by uscis

07/14: Credit card charged

07/16: Text notification (YSC center)

07/22: Fingerprints applied to my case

07/30: NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cayman Islands
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Aquilina said:

Hey, I finally got my interview date but I have a question.

I received the mail today, the letter says it's for me but under it's written c/o [first name and last name of my dad].

Is there an error, it shouldn't be my husband firt and last names there instead of my dad?

I think USCIS is going by the address you gave them during the filing process. By the way, did you receive any updates regarding your AOS package like “Case ready to be scheduled for an interview “ or “ we are scheduling your interview “ before receiving the appointment letter?

Edited by Itssimons

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.