alfa700

ages issues

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Since you have already filed and you should be hearing soon about your interview you really should stop worrying and get ready for your interview.  Worse thing that can happen now is that you are denied and that you will need to get married in Morocco and file for cr1.  If you had asked these questions before you filed it would have helped, but now if you pull out you will just lose your money anyway.  The only other alternative is to put a hold on your interview and have your fiance make another longer trip.   Age gaps and short trips are hard in Morocco, but fiance visas are being approved more now that they did several years ago when it just didn't happen.  Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1vi said:

What about 10 years difference ...? 

It's difficult to give an exact answer to how much is 'too much' of an age gap...

10 years could be enough to make them pause, but it can be overcome with a lot of time spent in person together and general solid relationship evidence. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hugh Hefner just passed away, 10 years for him was nothing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi how are you? !  Yes it is a problem because I got rejected for the same reason bro AGE my fiance is 33 years older than me... our relationship is genuine but the problem is how are you going to convince the officer, he don't have the right to get you denied because of age difference but be sure he will focus on it as he did to me.. if you wanna know the questions massage me(removed personal info) and good luck 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited to remove personal information

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post edited to removed personal information. Please use the PM system on VJ, this site is view-able by all not only members.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

not enough time together

and relationship was fast / not enough time to know each other (was engaged just 1 week to my late US husband so what is the difference???)

this is the difference:

the miles between you and not seeing each other enough

the age, yes

the fact that muslims men are suppose to want children

the religion

the culture

they ask my husband in K1 "What does your family think of her? i had spent a month there and knew him over a year

he said " they love her" and smiled 

lady said " you smile, you lie"

i then married, did CR1 and took 5 more trips (spending 1 to 3 months each time)

Timeline

Hi.  My husband's visa was approved last week in Casablanca.  It was his first time interviewing.  I am 21 years older than him (49/28).  They WILL ask you and they did ask him to explain the age difference.  Be confident.  Answer with pride.  He told them that it is acceptable in his culture for a man to take an older woman for his wife.  He did not mention that the Prophet Mohamed took and older woman for his wife, but he was prepared to offer that as additional evidence that our marriage is NORMAL and acceptable to us, and has been since long before our time.  Having said that, be prepared to answer the "children" question.  Do you want children together was his next question.  You state that your relationship is genuine and sincere, be prepared to prove it.  Good luck. 

Timeline

I read your post again.  Regarding time:  You guys need more time spent together.  I suggest another visit to Morocco again as others have stated.  I think time together weighed heavily in our favor for his approval last week.  My husband and I were married by proxy in the USA (he was not present, but had a legal power of attorney, my friend, speak for him on his behalf) but I had visited Morocco 10 times over the past 2 1/2 years, and my son and I were there for Eid al Adha for 2 weeks right before his interview.  I am also a legal resident of Mexico (I lived in Mexico and worked just 10 minutes across the border in California) so I prepared a visa for him quickly (6 weeks) and easily for Mexico.  We lived together there for almost 6 months before he left to go interview in Casablanca.   My husband was only asked for a few pics from his evidence folder; the CO didn't look at or ask for anything else.   

Regarding age:  Age WILL be a major factor.  Be prepared for questions about what you have in common, do you want children, can your wife still have children, how do you know if she can?  What are your plans if she can not?  These were all questions that my husband was asked just 5 days ago.   Be prepared and good luck.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

as far as the US citizen being willing to move to morocco

i was 

but saying it in intreview

they will say "ok, let her move then" and deny u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
7 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

as far as the US citizen being willing to move to morocco

i was 

but saying it in intreview

they will say "ok, let her move then" and deny u

or him

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to say that here , but I just read a young girl of 24 who got approved with his petitioner almost 3 times her age . Why is it different from the others sex ? They have to leave people to decide for their lives . It's very painful to follow and wait for a year of separation between the person you love and get denied ...  I know they are bad people but this K1 visa doesn't need deny . 

7 hours ago, K1vi said:

Sorry to say that here , but I just read a young girl of 24 who got approved with his petitioner almost 3 times her age . Why is it different from the others sex ? They have to leave people to decide for their lives . It's very painful to follow and wait for a year of separation between the person you love and get denied ...  I know they are bad people but this K1 visa doesn't need deny . 

age difference is a big issue , especially in an arabic culture , personally i feel it a scam no matter what evidence the couple provide i just cant believe that a 21 years old is in love with a 48 years old it doesn't make a sense  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Abdeslam said:

age difference is a big issue , especially in an arabic culture , personally i feel it a scam no matter what evidence the couple provide i just cant believe that a 21 years old is in love with a 48 years old it doesn't make a sense  

I'm so glad most government officials are more understanding. It would break my heart to know that I'd denied people their chance of happiness by being so close minded. Who are we to judge? Why would age be less acceptable than a difference in religion, education, intelligence, color? Where does it end?

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.