13 posts in this topic

I'm ready to cry!!! I received notice via TEXT on 1/3.  Hard copy NOA1 was dated 1/11/17.  That's 96 days.  According to VJ timeline CSC is processing with NOA1 dates of 1/13.  I just called USCIS and they referred me to their timeline https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do  The woman I spoke with advised me that the October processing date reflected time between NOA1 & NOA 2...at this rate I'm looking at a year process.....Anyone else have any other info? Wait with no inofrmation is agonizing...

1 minute ago, Michael & Michele said:

I'm ready to cry!!! I received notice via TEXT on 1/3.  Hard copy NOA1 was dated 1/11/17.  That's 96 days.  According to VJ timeline CSC is processing with NOA1 dates of 1/13.  I just called USCIS and they referred me to their timeline https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do  The woman I spoke with advised me that the October processing date reflected time between NOA1 & NOA 2...at this rate I'm looking at a year process.....Anyone else have any other info? Wait with no inofrmation is agonizing...

They tell you that because they are still processing some October applications but they are also processing into January now as well. There was a backlog of filers in December due to the rate change in the visas. Some people in November and December are still waiting for their NOA2's but many January people have had theirs as well. :) Just be patient. There are people here that are over 111 days and still waiting. I know its hard and it gets harder. I may only be at Day 32 and waiting but I know I have a long long way to go. :) Keep your chin up and it will come in due time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The timelines are averages, they are not specific or guaranteed.

Following the time lines will only drive you crazy.

Not to be negative also, but some people who go beyond the time lines, actually then receive RFE's.. you never know what can happen.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Have a look into the January filer thread. You will find there daily stats that give you specific information about the daily progress regarding January files.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

If it makes you feel any better I actually have the same dates as you and am also still waiting for my NOA2 and my petition was approved to be expedited over 45 days ago. Unfortunately the only benefit to that is they are now outside their response window for me so i now have to leg room to bug them for a response. But yes I'm feeling your pain. Just gotta be patient. 

Edited by PMoo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
15 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

The timelines are averages, they are not specific or guaranteed.

Following the time lines will only drive you crazy.

Not to be negative also, but some people who go beyond the time lines, actually then receive RFE's.. you never know what can happen.

If you are saying it's possible to get an RFE at any point in the process, agreed.  If you are saying you have a higher chance to get an RFE because you are waiting longer than the average person, not necessarily.  Anyone can get an RFE at any given time.

15 hours ago, Michael & Michele said:

Your file probably got stuck on the bottom of some pile.  What can I say, it happens.  The good news is your packet isn't lost, so you didn't lose all that time and worry.  And the fact that it took so long to get your NOA1 doesn't mean the rest of the process will.  Sorry you had to wait so long, but it's probably downhill from here as far as wait times go.  Good luck!     

Obsessing over estimated dates, strict timelines and such will only drive you insane.

you're in normal processing time still, and it's taking longer for all of us nowadays. 

Hang in there, less than 6 months is nothing compared to a lifetime with your partner. 

Many of us are waiting a full year or more, so you can do it :) 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

12 hours ago, PMoo said:

If it makes you feel any better I actually have the same dates as you and am also still waiting for my NOA2 and my petition was approved to be expedited over 45 days ago. Unfortunately the only benefit to that is they are now outside their response window for me so i now have to leg room to bug them for a response. But yes I'm feeling your pain. Just gotta be patient. 

:( Sorry to hear that.  More and more that I read,  this is at least a year process start to finish.  Fingers crossed you hear soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.