June sepe

NBI written explanation

60 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are unable to complete the processing of your Immigrant Visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:

WHAT TO DO NEXT:
* WAIT UNTIL YOU HEAR FROM US: Your case requires further administrative processing/review. Wait for a letter instructing you what to do next.

Hello,

i have been reading similar topics about this but its a bit different in my case.. 

i called up nbi and they said that if I received a letter from USEM then ill go to nbi personally for the explanation. But if not then i have to wait. 

My concern is that there are other applicants who waited for more than a month and no update from the USEM, they called up the embassy and was told that they will give the letter for the NBI... that applicant waited for a month thinking that his application is already being processes, which turned out it just sat in the embassy office waiting for the owner to ask for an update... 

is this possible? That the embassy may overlook some applications? Or are they systematic enough to make sure ALL applications receive the attention. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the Philippines regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

For starters you need to keep an eye on your email (remember to check the spam filter also) as they will most likely use your email to send the 221g request for the explanation letter.

If you feel the need to contact the embassy to see if they will send out a letter for the NBI explanation I will add contact info here.

Contacting the Embassy (Manila)

Manila Visa Information and Appointment Service center hotlines at (632) 976-8500, (632) 976-8501 or (632) 976-8502.

The center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays.

Callers in the U.S should call (703) 520-2235 on its Eastern Standard Time equivalent of operation hours.

Skype: To use Skype to speak to a customer service representative Monday Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm., please add a new contact to your Skype account with the Skype name ustraveldocs-philippines.

EMAIL:   IVMANILAREPLIES@STATE.GOV

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Once the Explanation Letter is received by the embassy from NBI it can be another 7-14 days, if all else is fine, before the visa is issued most times

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

• 1 year later...

Hi, 

I just want to check if there is anybody here that was requested by the USEM to send their court documents.  I was already interviewed by the NBI and they already submitted the explanation letter to USEM, I got a mail from USEM asking for my court documents, I just want to know what you submitted?  Thank you in advance

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chat said:

My apologies as we just wanted to see if there might be answers on a different thread. Thank you

Same people here.  ;)  

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long did u wait for the endorsement letter from the usem?same case here I need to go to the NBI for the written explanation but I'm still waiting for the endorsement letter from the usem..we had our interview last Friday april 12 

Edited by Amiel Callejo

Timeline
4 hours ago, Amiel Callejo said:

How long did u wait for the endorsement letter from the usem?same case here I need to go to the NBI for the written explanation but I'm still waiting for the endorsement letter from the usem..we had our interview last Friday april 12 

When you had your interview were you handed a 221g letter, or did you receive an email, asking for the explanation from NBI?     < That is what you take to NBI to get the explanation letter.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We had our interview last April 12,they give me 221g letter in usem In a white form they checked the NBI written explanation letter and the passport,do U mean i can go anytime to the nbi to ask for explanation letter with the 221g form or I'll wait for the endorsement letter from the usem?

Edited by Amiel Callejo

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Amiel Callejo said:

We had our interview last April 12,they give me 221g letter in usem In a white form they checked the NBI written explanation letter and the passport,do U mean i can go anytime to the nbi to ask for explanation letter with the 221g form or I'll wait for the endorsement letter from the usem?

Yup that is what I am saying.  Bring that 221g letter to NBI (make a copy for your records), then NBI will complete the explanation letter and, (most times), arrange for delivery to the embassy.    There will not be another letter from the embassy . you have it.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

But they told me to go to the other window and they told me to wait for their call if I will be the one to go to the nbi or they will be the one to transact to the nbi

Timeline

Maybe that call is if I will be the one to get the written explanation or the nbi will be the one to send to the usem,if u are saying that I already got the 221g form that I'm going to present to the NBI

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.