5,924 posts in this topic

I just called the NVC to see if they received my file. The lady who answered was ever so lovely she even apologized for making me wait while she was typing some bits.

I had this feeling they received it because usually the conversation ends shortly after i give them my USCIS case number, by telling me they don't have it, but this time they asked me for my DOB, full name and my fiance's full name. And i was right. They gave me a case track number, and an invoice number (which i dunno what it's for, I'm hoping one of you dears would shine a light on that for me).

I went to the CEAC website and it says my file is "At NVC". Unfortunately i didn't ask when they received it, so i don't really know what update to do on my timeline, should i just add today;s date? That would be a bit confusing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Some info, specially to those with Brazilian beneficiaries:

41 days after the NOA2, I was able to schedule my interview (that will happen 2 months after the NOA2). Everything was electronically sent.

- 06/22: emails to petitioner from NVC with subjects "Notice regarding your immigration visa case" and "Immigration visa case has been expedited"

- 06/23: Filled the DS-160 here. No fee to be paid yet.

- 06/27: email from Brazilian consulate, sent to petitioner and beneficiary. Subject is the NVC number case and beneficiary's name, with directions to schedule the interview. In the email, they explain that you will have to choose the option "I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment" and pay the fee only after registering at this scheduling website. And that you will need your NVC case number and the DS-160 number (so that's why you fill the DS-160 before).

-  I was able to schedule only today (06/28). So it takes some time after you get the email. Register, choose delivery options (for the passport with K1 visa), pay (CC or money), pick a date.

- Basically all Tuesdays, starting from July 11th, were available to schedule the interview. I chose the 18th to have time for the medical.

K1 Journey
Feb 04, 17: I-129F packet mailed
Feb 09, 17: I-129F packet delivered
Feb 14, 17: NOA1
May 18, 17: NOA 2 (98 days)
Jun 03, 17: NVC Receive
Jun 20, 17: Case Number assigned and NVC left
Jun 27, 17: "Packet 3" (email from consulate)
Jul 18, 17: Interview - APPROVED!

Timeline
1 hour ago, TriloByte said:

Here's how I do it. I call the immigrant line 603-334-0700, English, then option 5. It always says busy, call back later. You have to literally just call back to back for a minute straight or longer until it connects. 

Call 603 334 0888 the non immigrant line. 

13 minutes ago, AnnieBee said:

Unfortunately i didn't ask when they received it, so i don't really know what update to do on my timeline, should i just add today;s date? That would be a bit confusing...

a good way to tell is to take your case number and calculate it from there. somebody posted this on VJ which was really cool. so, your case number will have:

ABC - first 3 letters which is your embassy code

2017 - next 4 digits for the year

650 - next 3 digits as the month and day your case was received / created (calculate like this, subtract 500 from 650, you have 150...count 150 days from jan 1 and that is your month and day. so in this example 650 refers to June 13)

001 - last 3 digits, which in this example means the first case number assigned on that day for your embassy

hope this helps! =)

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
1 hour ago, iamdegie said:

or call really early, like at 7AM EST sharp as soon as they open. no wait times around that time.

I received my case # thru the non immigrant line. I press 1 for a rep and never waited  longer than a few minutes in peak hours and  none at all after 9pm est. 

5 minutes ago, JayeBird said:

I received my case # thru the non immigrant line. I press 1 for a rep and never waited  longer than a few minutes in peak hours and  none at all after 9pm est. 

Haha. I will just call them both :)

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

So email to ombudsman did nothing, they wouldn't do anything without their form filled out, so I did that. I suggest others who are late like me do it too and complain about the non updated processing times, which prevent us from doing case inquiries and are a complete farse and the non updated tracker....maybe if enough of us complain they will move on it since they've already been on USCIS for this problem. Just a thought...

Edited by Lovemycroatianman
Spelling

19 minutes ago, TriloByte said:

I knew when I saw yours was received that mine likely was too because your date is right after mine. I figured we were mailed in the same batch. Called the non-immigrant line and sure enough, was received last night. Moving right along!! Yes! :D

Oh yay, good news for you! =D

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, tomohime said:

Some info, specially to those with Brazilian beneficiaries:

41 days after the NOA2, I was able to schedule my interview (that will happen 2 months after the NOA2). Everything was electronically sent.

- 06/22: emails to petitioner from NVC with subjects "Notice regarding your immigration visa case" and "Immigration visa case has been expedited"

- 06/23: Filled the DS-160 here. No fee to be paid yet.

- 06/27: email from Brazilian consulate, sent to petitioner and beneficiary. Subject is the NVC number case and beneficiary's name, with directions to schedule the interview. In the email, they explain that you will have to choose the option "I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment" and pay the fee only after registering at this scheduling website. And that you will need your NVC case number and the DS-160 number (so that's why you fill the DS-160 before).

-  I was able to schedule only today (06/28). So it takes some time after you get the email. Register, choose delivery options (for the passport with K1 visa), pay (CC or money), pick a date.

- Basically all Tuesdays, starting from July 11th, were available to schedule the interview. I chose the 18th to have time for the medical.

Thank you!! I have tickets to go to Brazil in August in the hopes of being there for the interview. Looks like there is hope of it working.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
18 hours ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Just tried again at the 603-334-0888 number and they did not receive it yet.  Thanks for the heads up though :)

I only ever called the 603-334-0700 and that is where I got my answer. That is the Immigrant line and that is what this is considered at this point. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
23 hours ago, V&B said:

Wow thats crazy fast! 

From my experience NVC recieved my packet 2 weeks after my NOA2 and assigned a case number about a week after they recieved it. 

When I called yesterday, they said they received my case Monday and they had the number to give me. Who know what is true and what isn't :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.