dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, JeppeS said:

Scan date: November 28

Supervisor review: January 6

Review department: January 12

I have asked so many times "when" my documents went to the review department, and no one will ever give me a date. It's so strange how people can have different experiences with presumably the same people on the other side of the phone.

They also wouldn't even let me do supervisor review on January 9th because, and I quote, "You have to wait through 6 weeks so we have until tonight to complete your case". That's what they told me when I called on January 9th. Considering the average wait is like 10 weeks I laughed at them and said there was no way it would be finished, they agreed but said I still have to wait. Not that a day or two makes a difference when it comes to "notifying" a supervisor, since I don't really think that does anything anyway.

Not been around here much lately due to problems with the internet connection in our new place (frustrating but nothing like the frustration of dealing with the immigration process!). It seems that the interview appointments have not been set for March yet. Very unusual. Back in October I got case complete on the 20th and my interview appointment was allocated on the 27th and it was common for scheduling to begin in the last week of the month. I remember Jamaica and Ghana embassies being some of the first to start scheduling. Anyone here at those embassies? 

Im wondering if it has something to do with the recent executive orders halting immigration from certain countries and whether NVC are holding back with the scheduling whilst they double-check the applicants to see if any of them have dual-citizenship

with one of the listed countries before they start the mass scheduling of interviews? Or maybe the embassies are not releasing dates yet because they need to update procedures for visa issuance? I have to say the whole thing is very confusing and even the US embassy in London has released 2 conflicting statements. The speed with which this all happened - it is no wonder that all the embassy and NVC staff are confused. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I called on monday and I asked the guy when it'll get solved.. the guy looks at the dates, original scan date 09/22, 2nd scan date 11/25, supervisor review 01/06 and tells me they have 6 weeks for the supervisor review to be complete.  I ask what happens if it's not done by then and he's all "what, no, i have never seen one take that long". I follow up with "well, your website says 2-4 weeks till the process is complete, you guys say 6 weeks initially, then 6 more weeks for supervisor review, it's now in week 10, so you have less than 2 weeks to finish it... so once again, what happens when the 6 weeks of supervisor review are up?"  He was dumbfounded.  

I have never encountered this level of incompetence in the private sector... At this point I just hope she'll get her ssn by April 15th so I wont have to file a tax extension with the IRS.  Although I wouldn't mind putting down a reason for the extension "I'm waiting on some lazy incompetent federal government workers who are taking over a year to do their job..."

9 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

I called on monday and I asked the guy when it'll get solved.. the guy looks at the dates, original scan date 09/22, 2nd scan date 11/25, supervisor review 01/06 and tells me they have 6 weeks for the supervisor review to be complete.  I ask what happens if it's not done by then and he's all "what, no, i have never seen one take that long". I follow up with "well, your website says 2-4 weeks till the process is complete, you guys say 6 weeks initially, then 6 more weeks for supervisor review, it's now in week 10, so you have less than 2 weeks to finish it... so once again, what happens when the 6 weeks of supervisor review are up?"  He was dumbfounded.  

I have never encountered this level of incompetence in the private sector... At this point I just hope she'll get her ssn by April 15th so I wont have to file a tax extension with the IRS.  Although I wouldn't mind putting down a reason for the extension "I'm waiting on some lazy incompetent federal government workers who are taking over a year to do their job..."

I seems that none of the reps truly know what's going on. I feel at times they just make up information as they go. Since being on this thread since December (I know it's not that long), I've read a number of times people were given contradicting information over and over again. 

I don't know what has truly happened with NVC, it seems like only mid year last year people were flying through and getting CC's fast, not taking 8-10-12+ weeks to get their CC. 

For myself I have no optimism that our case will be complete within the 6 week time frame, I have mentally prepared myself for the longest wait time, it's the only thing that I believe will keep me sane at this point. I never expected that the problems with the NVC would become so colossal. I had a terrible experience during the first stage with USCIS, and was told that the NVC stage is much faster and 'easier', if done right. But I've realized to not have any expectations whatsoever. 

I pray for all of you who are still waiting for CC and interview dates that you will all have success and receive your CC and interview date soon. I truly feel for you all and hope that you are all reunited with your loved ones. 

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

If I was in the states I would have been in contact with my congressman the day after 6 weeks. 

This has nothing to do with executive orders. Has everything to do with money profit from all the fees. They make an estimated $500,000,000 per year. They'd rather people wait and not hire more staff and make profit.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

scan date 12/6

week 8, still waiting

really tired of calling NVC....

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Checking in. Scan date 12/29 

My scan date is December 22nd too, hopeful. our CC is next. I've seen a Dec 5th and Dec19th CC, SO anytime now!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
6 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

If I was in the states I would have been in contact with my congressman the day after 6 weeks. 

This has nothing to do with executive orders. Has everything to do with money profit from all the fees. They make an estimated $500,000,000 per year. They'd rather people wait and not hire more staff and make profit.

I don't know about them caring much for profits since they're financed by the federal government... If they were worried about profits, they'd hire more people and process as much as possible to get as many fees as possible... 

I do wonder what would happen if I were to take them to small claims court - after the wife gets here - and try to recoup my fees... maybe find a friendly judge that understands taxation without representation... :D

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

My scan date is December 22nd too, hopeful. our CC is next. I've seen a Dec 5th and Dec19th CC, SO anytime now!

Mine is Dec 22 as well. I keep checking for 3N/A, hopefully its gonna be soon.

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

I don't know about them caring much for profits since they're financed by the federal government... If they were worried about profits, they'd hire more people and process as much as possible to get as many fees as possible... 

I do wonder what would happen if I were to take them to small claims court - after the wife gets here - and try to recoup my fees... maybe find a friendly judge that understands taxation without representation... :D

They would get fees no matter the time they took.. People want their husbands and wives..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, norieyora said:

Fingers crossed, letsknow soon as you see them:D

5 minutes ago, norieyora said:

The people who have had case complete in December are minority still. They are mostly still working through the end of November. Several of us (myself included) are in November and still waiting. For me they only have one page to review and it hasn't been done yet.

Timeline
1 minute ago, bcking said:

The people who have had case complete in December are minority still. They are mostly still working through the end of November. Several of us (myself included) are in November and still waiting. For me they only have one page to review and it hasn't been done yet.

Tru that. Im sorry youre still waiitng on CC. Its totally ridiculous and the wait is hard. I however, choose to be hopeful. No harm, no foul. Anyday now for all of us waiting on CCs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.