Jump to content
RonisCruz

Case updated today, but stills says "READY" after almost 3 weeks after vida approval?

13 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Some of you might already have know about my case, everything went smoth for me and my fiance in our K-1 visa journey until this point... on december 16, 2016 she got her interview approved in El Salvador and told her to wait 7 business day for her visa to arrive, at this point we havent receive any solid update either from the site ustraveldocs.com or the CEAC(NVC) website...

 

the only changes I've seen are the followings...

 

the website "ustraveldocs.com" status went from "PASSPORT IS STILL WITH CONSULATE/EMBASSY" to "THERES NOT STATUS UPDATE AVAILABLE FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER YOU SUMITTED"

 

I did noticed that the CEAC website changed the date of case creation, it says "READY"...and it updated today but still says "READY" Im really worried about this situation, I already contacted the embassy and the guy told me just to wait, the guy sounded like he dont know what was going on. I hate this waiting, I cam only imagine the worst ? HELP!

IMG_3839.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RonisCruz said:

Some of you might already have know about my case, everything went smoth for me and my fiance in our K-1 visa journey until this point... on december 16, 2016 she got her interview approved in El Salvador and told her to wait 7 business day for her visa to arrive, at this point we havent receive any solid update either from the site ustraveldocs.com or the CEAC(NVC) website...

 

the only changes I've seen are the followings...

 

the website "ustraveldocs.com" status went from "PASSPORT IS STILL WITH CONSULATE/EMBASSY" to "THERES NOT STATUS UPDATE AVAILABLE FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER YOU SUMITTED"

 

I did noticed that the CEAC website changed the date of case creation, it says "READY"...and it updated today but still says "READY" Im really worried about this situation, I already contacted the embassy and the guy told me just to wait, the guy sounded like he dont know what was going on. I hate this waiting, I cam only imagine the worst ? HELP!

IMG_3839.PNG

you are going to see the GOLDEN word ISSUED soon enough, we were in the same boat in last NOV.

 

All the best for you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My status changed from Ready to AP back to Ready and then Issued, the dates kept changing as well and the visa went from non-immigrant to immigrant. The fact that you see changes on your status is a good thing, it means they're working on your case, just wait a little more and it'll probably change to issued soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi RonisCruz,

 

We are in the same situation.  My fiance's K1 visa was approved on Nov 28, 2016 at his interview, and he was told 10 business days to get the visa issued.  However, CEAC showed READY until Jan 8, 2017, when it finally changed to Administrative Processing (AP) and to a Nonimmigrant Visa.  That was 41 days of waiting, after an approved interview.  And we're still waiting.  We thought the status would change to ISSUED within 24-48 hours, based on other posts.  But it is still in AP (praying it will change any day now).

 

As for tracking the passport on ustraveldocs, I don't think that you will be able to track it until it shows as ISSUED.  Ours still shows no status there, too.  I believe that once the embassy issues the visa, they then have to deliver the passport to the courier for your embassy, and that is when the tracking of the passport should be available online.  So I wouldn't worry that you aren't seeing that status yet.  

 

Just to note, from what I've read when your status does change to AP, the CEAC message that shows isn't really for the type of AP that an approved visa goes through but for those issued a 221-g form at the interview for missing docs or more background checks needed; it doesn't apply to those who were approved (Message reads:  "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.")  So don't worry about this message.  If you see the status change to AP, you are closer to getting the visa ISSUED.  

 

It seems there are several people going through this kind of delay right now.  I read somewhere that the embassies get very busy at the end of the year and first couple of weeks in January, with the holiday season.  Keep us posted on the updates.  Good luck to you all!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What was the outcome with your fiancé? I'm so stressed. My husband has been in El Salvador for 50 days was approved then 5 days later asked to send more docs and it's been 17 days in AP since they received everything they requested. This is so frustrating and so wrong! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any advice on this, but I want to say best of luck to all you waiting, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be approved and to have to wait 20, 30, or 40 days to get the visa! Wishing you guys the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 10:27 PM, khtak716 said:

Hi RonisCruz,

 

We are in the same situation.  My fiance's K1 visa was approved on Nov 28, 2016 at his interview, and he was told 10 business days to get the visa issued.  However, CEAC showed READY until Jan 8, 2017, when it finally changed to Administrative Processing (AP) and to a Nonimmigrant Visa.  That was 41 days of waiting, after an approved interview.  And we're still waiting.  We thought the status would change to ISSUED within 24-48 hours, based on other posts.  But it is still in AP (praying it will change any day now).

 

As for tracking the passport on ustraveldocs, I don't think that you will be able to track it until it shows as ISSUED.  Ours still shows no status there, too.  I believe that once the embassy issues the visa, they then have to deliver the passport to the courier for your embassy, and that is when the tracking of the passport should be available online.  So I wouldn't worry that you aren't seeing that status yet.  

 

Just to note, from what I've read when your status does change to AP, the CEAC message that shows isn't really for the type of AP that an approved visa goes through but for those issued a 221-g form at the interview for missing docs or more background checks needed; it doesn't apply to those who were approved (Message reads:  "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.")  So don't worry about this message.  If you see the status change to AP, you are closer to getting the visa ISSUED.  

 

It seems there are several people going through this kind of delay right now.  I read somewhere that the embassies get very busy at the end of the year and first couple of weeks in January, with the holiday season.  Keep us posted on the updates.  Good luck to you all!!

Sorry for the late reply, thank God everything went good for me and my fiance, it went from "Ready" to "AP' to "ISSUED" within ours, got our visa in hand on 1/12/2017 and my fiances(now wife is in the states with me, hope yours is going good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2017 at 4:46 PM, steph&max said:

I don't have any advice on this, but I want to say best of luck to all you waiting, I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to be approved and to have to wait 20, 30, or 40 days to get the visa! Wishing you guys the best.

thanks, we got our visa on jan 12 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2017 at 10:52 AM, RonisCruz said:

Some of you might already have know about my case, everything went smoth for me and my fiance in our K-1 visa journey until this point... on december 16, 2016 she got her interview approved in El Salvador and told her to wait 7 business day for her visa to arrive, at this point we havent receive any solid update either from the site ustraveldocs.com or the CEAC(NVC) website...

 

the only changes I've seen are the followings...

 

the website "ustraveldocs.com" status went from "PASSPORT IS STILL WITH CONSULATE/EMBASSY" to "THERES NOT STATUS UPDATE AVAILABLE FOR THE PASSPORT NUMBER YOU SUMITTED"

 

I did noticed that the CEAC website changed the date of case creation, it says "READY"...and it updated today but still says "READY" Im really worried about this situation, I already contacted the embassy and the guy told me just to wait, the guy sounded like he dont know what was going on. I hate this waiting, I cam only imagine the worst ? HELP!

IMG_3839.PNG

Hi am saleem It happen same thing with me on my case still waiting have u got visa or still waiting for it give me update if any I will give u update 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/02/2017 at 9:23 AM, RonisCruz said:

we received our visa on Jan 12!

So how long it's take my before it show ready nw it's show ap from last 5 days and my case was in ap since September 19 of 2017 still waiting u have any ideas plz 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saleem, the original poster said that he got his visa on January 12, 2017.  AP takes as long as it takes, unfortunately, and no one can say how long.  Try to remain patient.

 

Year-old thread is now closed to further comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×