bahamamama234

MEGATHREAD- What does a Trump Presidency mean for visas? (merged)

660 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Okay so i'm living in egypt and i am egyptian , my birth certificate states that i am a muslim even though i am not anymore (can't change that and i don't have the intent to do so yet) , my birth certificate which has already been sent does say that i'm a muslim , my mom is a permanent resident therefore everything's legal , will me being an egyptian/muslim affect my visa papers like can they actually cancel everything because i'm from egypt? i'm actually asking this question because trump said " i call for a total and complete shutdown of muslims entering the united states until our country's representatives figure out what the hell is going on "

Hey. I'm an Indian Citizen and husband is a LPR. Even though I'm a Hindu and all the paperwork is legal, I'm scared too. My file is just two months away from being current. And now, I'm going crazy thinking what's gonna happen next. At this stage, I'll suggest staying calm. Don't worry. Atleast not yet. :) We'll get through this.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Dude i don't know , like i can't really imagine not being able to go to the US with the rest of my family it just doesn't make sense to me , i don't really think it's possible for him to actually ban people because of their religion because that'd just cause outrage everywhere , it's like banning all black people because there's a higher rate of crime in black communities it just doesn't make sense , i don't really know if he's talking about refugees or legal immigrants tbh

Filed: Timeline

When did he say he was going to stop green cards for one or two years? In March, he said he would like to see H1B paused for a year or two because there are Americans looking for work who could do the jobs the people on H1B are doing. These people don't have green cards. They are temporary workers.

Remrmber he was just saying what his supporters wanted to hear. Many of them don't actually realise that he alone does not have the power to do any of this. He won't even be in office until January and even if he decides to change immigration policies it will take years. Nothing will change overnight.

*~*~*moved from "CR-1 spouse visa process and procedures" to general immigration news and discussion*~*~*

Total agree .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Trump can certainly ban people from specific countries by executive order.

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Timeline

Dude i don't know , like i can't really imagine not being able to go to the US with the rest of my family it just doesn't make sense to me , i don't really think it's possible for him to actually ban people because of their religion because that'd just cause outrage everywhere , it's like banning all black people because there's a higher rate of crime in black communities it just doesn't make sense , i don't really know if he's talking about refugees or legal immigrants tbh

Brother they can do anythign they want.its there country they got the power.but its not goint to start soon. Like i said 20 jan 2017 after he will make this perposal and give it to senate and they debate will happen will b voting . Might be challenged in court .it will take time to do this .so no need to worry right now.untill a law come on immigration.all visa will b granted. What u can do from ur side if nvc ,embassy wants something provide them fast and accurate.so u can get ur visa fast.

Trump can certainly ban people from specific countries by executive order.

Muslim from all countries .might be not in those list who is in America benifits.time will tell.

Timeline

Brother they can do anythign they want.its there country they got the power.but its not goint to start soon. Like i said 20 jan 2017 after he will make this perposal and give it to senate and they debate will happen will b voting . Might be challenged in court .it will take time to do this .so no need to worry right now.untill a law come on immigration.all visa will b granted. What u can do from ur side if nvc ,embassy wants something provide them fast and accurate.so u can get ur visa fast.

Muslim from all countries .might be not in those list who is in America benifits.time will tell.

You're kinda right

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No need to worry at that moment jus concentrate on ur. Ase with right documents .so u can get ur visa fast before anything came out,

I'm not worried about my documentation. I am a citizen, but my husband is stuck in UAE waiting for his interview to be scheduled. I'm deeply worried!

Timeline

Stay focused and dont waste ur energy on this kind of stuff to early.stay postive on line what u doing and want to get.

Going to the US is basically all i have right now if i can't go my life would be ###### , i'm trying to stay positive and all but it's just a huge wave of anxiety

Timeline

Should I (and those who are like me) have to be worried? I had my Interview and waiting for my AP to be END,,,,,,

I think you're fine, if you already had your interview then you're pretty much done no laws have been enforced yet , i still didn't get my NOA2 , my visa application started 2 months ago

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.