46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hmmm?? I find it interesting you say that because when I once spoke to a USCIS rep he told me it isn't favorable to work and you can get into trouble. Didn't get into specifics on what type of trouble but he made it very clear they don't like it, even if it's under the table. In fact, the example he gave me was an immigrant helped someone move and got paid for it. Again, I didn't get into details about what happened, he just said it's frowned upon

If he had been in a status that did not allow him to work that would be an issue, he was not in any status which is the issue if he leaves as he said he will be doing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

We are getting married while I'm still in the US, today actually. I have a non-refundable ticket for Sunday so I don't have time for that. I actually want to be back in NZ for a while because I want to save money and buy property, and permanent residence is abandoned if you're out of the country more than 6 months roughly.

I understand :) I hope you two have a good wedding day and everything works out well in the future. I personally wouldn't get out the country until it's all well..... Lawyers always say whatever the government say about going back to the embassy o pr whatever ( in some cases ) DO NOT leave the country because even if you have a permit to come back they will still deny you at the airport.

I'm a overstay visa right now too so I understand about not being able to work the money problem and everything but it can get very complicate once you leave the country :( and will be a long process so I wish you good luck

Edited by IRIScv

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: Other Country: New Zealand
Timeline

All of this advising me not to leave the country isn't helpful as I am most definitely leaving the country tomorrow. It's not something anyone involved can afford to back out of and all parties agree it's the most sensible option for me to get back on my feet again asap. My wife says she's always wanted to live in another country and absolutely intends to do so with me, which would make my need to come back any sooner void, but we'll just have to play it by ear. I just wanted to know what the chances of getting a waiver approved further down the road would be. Staying isn't an option at this point and is quite the opposite of what I want to be doing with my life for the next 5 years. I've had neary 4 years here, it's more than enough.

We got married at the County Clerk and Recording Dept. yesterday and it was a very quick and pleasant experience :) Neither of us are a fan of big ceremonies and we don't know who we would invite anyway; it's kind of a big waste of money we'd rather invest in schooling and property. Maybe we'll have a ceremony in 5 years in NZ.

Timeline

There is a tendency on here to focus on being in the US at all costs, like you say there is life elsewhere.

Congratulations on the wedding.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you!

I figured as much, I've been reading these forums and schooling up on immigration procedures for at least 4 years; leading up to coming to the US, then trying to get a VAWA after what happened in the first place, and now investigating the probability of coming back sooner if my wife rather live here. So I have pretty well-rounded knowledge of what can be done and what can't, I just needed a clearer idea of the waiver procedure and whether I might be eligible regardless of the outlined policy.

Your advice has been helpful so I might give it a go further down the road.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

All of this advising me not to leave the country isn't helpful as I am most definitely leaving the country tomorrow. It's not something anyone involved can afford to back out of and all parties agree it's the most sensible option for me to get back on my feet again asap. My wife says she's always wanted to live in another country and absolutely intends to do so with me, which would make my need to come back any sooner void, but we'll just have to play it by ear. I just wanted to know what the chances of getting a waiver approved further down the road would be. Staying isn't an option at this point and is quite the opposite of what I want to be doing with my life for the next 5 years. I've had neary 4 years here, it's more than enough.

We got married at the County Clerk and Recording Dept. yesterday and it was a very quick and pleasant experience :) Neither of us are a fan of big ceremonies and we don't know who we would invite anyway; it's kind of a big waste of money we'd rather invest in schooling and property. Maybe we'll have a ceremony in 5 years in NZ.

I totally missed the point were you two back to live back in New Zealand!!!! sorry I was trying to help thinking you wanted to go visit your family and needed to work to come back to the US :) , so I was saying you can work and ask for AP to go visit.

But I see what you meant so I guess it doesn't matter since your wife always wanted to live in another country there are no worries about a ban if there is no problem with her going with you :)

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Congratulations on the wedding, glad it was stress free. I hope your wife enjoys NZ, not long until summer now! All the best :dancing:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** One post removed for advocating illegal activity, which is a TOS violation. ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

I totally missed the point were you two back to live back in New Zealand!!!! sorry I was trying to help thinking you wanted to go visit your family and needed to work to come back to the US :) , so I was saying you can work and ask for AP to go visit.

But I see what you meant so I guess it doesn't matter since your wife always wanted to live in another country there are no worries about a ban if there is no problem with her going with you :)

Yeah I had the cash to get home in the new year but then I met my love so I put it on hold to give the relationship a chance. It was well worth it, we're very happy together :)

**** One post removed for advocating illegal activity, which is a TOS violation. ******

Very curious to know what that said, email me.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yeah I had the cash to get home in the new year but then I met my love so I put it on hold to give the relationship a chance. It was well worth it, we're very happy together :)

Very curious to know what that said, email me.

**** I removed your email address. Please do not post emails, phone numbers, full names and other identifying info publicly. And as the post was removed for TOS violations no, it will not be shared. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

It was one of many, I'd never post my real email address.

**** I removed your email address. Please do not post emails, phone numbers, full names and other identifying info publicly. And as the post was removed for TOS violations no, it will not be shared. *****

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It was one of many, I'd never post my real email address.

The point isn't that you give someone you're email due to privacy issues, it's because TOS doesn't want anyone sharing or discussing illegal activity via VJ or otherwise.

I understand your curiosity, as I too was curious but the poster was in violation. We all need to keep this website clean of any such activity or we could be shut down. It should be obvious that most of us are well wishers for you and your new wife wherever you end up. I wouldn't mind living in another country either but I'm living too good of a life right here in the good ole USA

Best of luck to you and yours

Timeline

The problem with e mail is the spam that could be generated. You can always use the PM to communicate directly.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration to Waivers forum; OP will require a waiver.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Timeline

Amazingly some ppl get such quick decent answers here...hmmm

Anyway OP your wife can even file the petition before U depart to

NZ, you will be denied the visa at your embassy and given 221G to

file the waiver (for overstay) hardships like those with records or

deportation required very strong hardships, but for overstay its

easier...you still have to show why you should be allowed to return

and why your wife cannot come live in NZ, not really a hard waiver

but its not just the form you have to fill out, you can consult with Liz

Cannon for free B4 leaving...good luck dude

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.