2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sorry to say but waiting seems to be the only thing right now. Ours was sent July 8 and as of right now they are processing July cases

July 1, 2013---------------I-130 Petition received USCIS

January 1, 2014-----------I-130 Approved

March 7,2014--------------AOS processing fee paid

April 15, 2014---------------IV fee paid

September 16, 2014--------NVC receives documents for visa interview

December 1, 2014----------Receive checklist cover letter

January 22, 2015------------NVC receives missing information

March 18, 2015--------------All required documentation received by NVC for interview

March 26, 2015--------------NVC informs us of interview date scheduled

May 13, 2015-----------------Biometrics appointment at 1pm

May 14, 2015-----------------Physical Exam

May 15, 2015-----------------Interview date at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico----Visa denied because of overstay

July 8, 2015-------------------Wavier I-601 received by USCIS at Nebraska Service Center

****Waiting for a positive response**** :)

Timeline

Yes I received an RFE not exactly what I had wished but I guess it better then a denial

March 18, 2015--------------All required documentation received by NVC for interview

May 15, 2015-----------------Interview date at Ciudad Juarez, Mexico----Visa denied because of overstay

July 8, 2015-------------------Wavier I-601 received by USCIS at Nebraska Service Center

Timeline

Yes at least I got a response back because I know how frustrating it is to wait. Hang in there and I wish you good luck as well!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everybody

a friend of mine overstayed his voluntary departure 12 years ago.never left the us.clean record.got married to a green card holder 2 years ago.she will apply for citizenship this month.

by the way his vd due to overstaying his b2 visa .

I know vd turns out automatically to order of removal.

does the ten years ban apply in his situation? Can he adjust without leaving? Does the ten years count from the actual departure or from the date of vd decision.

Any help with his options if any?????

I know a lawyer is a must? Any good one in Chicago area???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everybody

a friend of mine overstayed his voluntary departure 12 years ago.never left the us.clean record.got married to a green card holder 2 years ago.she will apply for citizenship this month.

by the way his vd due to overstaying his b2 visa .

I know vd turns out automatically to order of removal.

does the ten years ban apply in his situation? Can he adjust without leaving? Does the ten years count from the actual departure or from the date of vd decision.

Any help with his options if any?????

I know a lawyer is a must? Any good one in Chicago area???

This is a waiver update thread. It would best for you to start a new topic for your question. Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

***UPDATE***

Waiver received 07/06/15

Waiver approved 01/14/16

Received approval letter 01/19/16

Received instruction letter for new medical and passport request 01/25/16

Submitted Medical exam and passport via DHL in Ciudad Juarez 01/28/16

VISA issued 02/05/16

I hope this helps stay strong and b extremely patient I know it's easier said than done.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

***UPDATE***

Waiver received 07/06/15

Waiver approved 01/14/16

VISA issued 02/05/16

I hope this helps stay strong and b extremely patient I know it's easier said than done.

Congratulations!!! Best of luck with the move! May I ask why you had to submit the waiver? I'm trying to determine if certain reasons are taking more time or if all should just expect 6 + months. Did you see an update on USCIS prior to the approval at all or once it was approved or the letter just came?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations!!! Best of luck with the move! May I ask why you had to submit the waiver? I'm trying to determine if certain reasons are taking more time or if all should just expect 6 + months. Did you see an update on USCIS prior to the approval at all or once it was approved or the letter just came?

Thank you!! We are beyond excited. Reason was an overstay I downloaded the uscis app which I would check everyday.

***UPDATE***

Waiver received 07/06/15

Waiver approved 01/14/16

VISA issued 02/05/16

Congratulations! Wow your rest of the process really happened fast. I was approved last month also but currently placed on Administrative Processing when i check ceac site and dates are changing almost everyday. have not got any instruction letter or anything yet. What should i expect?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

***UPDATE***

Waiver received 07/06/15

Waiver approved 01/14/16

VISA issued 02/05/16

This post approval timeline is lightening speed! Good for you!! :dancing: Congrats!

Thank you for the update!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.