Fight for Love

how long does it takes for the USCIS to grant expedite?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I (think) my expedite was approved because NVC sent me a letter (with the new #) and they sent the package on to the Embassy, and then she received her packet three that we are finishing up next week, but we NEVER heard anything from USCIS, and even the website states "initial review".

We called USCIS and couldn't get answers from anyone.. but assumed our packet was succesfully expediated.

You will need a copy of the NOA2 Approval for the adjustment of status. Call USCIS and find out.

For the OP, if you do not have an NOA2 by now, your expedite was not approved. Expedited petitions are usually approved within a week. If it is not approved you hear nothing.

What was the basis for your request?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 11 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You will need a copy of the NOA2 Approval for the adjustment of status. Call USCIS and find out.

For the OP, if you do not have an NOA2 by now, your expedite was not approved. Expedited petitions are usually approved within a week. If it is not approved you hear nothing.

This may depend on when you submit your expedite request. I emailed mine after my case was nearly finished at NVC. I received an email after requesting an expedite specifically stating that I would receive confirmation via email. Mine has taken longer than a work week - five days - it hasn't been approved or denied,,,,,, yet. If I can remember I will update this thread on how long it took mine to be approved/denied.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-2 Country: France
Timeline

How do you know an expedite usually is approved within a week?

I have heard nothing for 21 days now. I need to worry?

I am USC, Petitioned for our 3 month old daughter. My wife got her Green Card on July 25. Basis of my request was urgency to enter US with baby before wife's GC expires (Jan 23 2014).

06/10/2013 NOA1 I-130 Priority date (NBC @ Overland Park, KS)
07/30/2013 Requested Expedite Procedure via USCIS Hotline
08/15/2013 Sent a letter to the NBC/MSC regarding Expedite

10/15/2013 Case approved, Notice mailed

10/21/2013 Case shipped to the DHS/NVC

11/xx/2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

0988d859-df57-45d4-b8e7-38ae103df6e9.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

You've answered a 16-month-old thread; to get answers, it's usually best to start a new topic so that folks don't get hung up in the older part of the posting before they reach your query. However, maybe someone will answer.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

They sent us a letter both times when we applied for expedite and it came back denied. USC has to have surgery for cancer. Provided proof, still denied. :(cray5ol.gif

Our Timeline
1st Jun, 2013 - Mailed i129f
17th Oct, 2013 - NOA2 Email Notification
27th Jan, 2014 - Visa Interview - Refused Visa eligible for waivers I601 and I212
23rd Sep, 2014 - Visa Received

2nd Nov, 2014 POE Newark

6th Nov, 2014 - Married

7th Nov, 2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed to Chicago

10th Nov, 2014 - Applications delivered and Receipt Date

14th Nov, 2014 - NOA1 Date

20th Nov, 2014 - Received NOA1 hard copies

29th Nov, 2014 - Letter for Biometrics Appointment. Appt date - 12/10/2014

1st Dec, 2014 - Walkin biometrics done

13th Dec, 2014 - RFE email followed by Hard Copy on 12/19/2014 for Marriage Certificate

20th Dec, 2014 - Mailed RFE response with certified Marriage License and Certificate

21st Feb, 2015 - Received notice of potential interview waiver by mail

2nd Mar, 2014 - email received for EAD approved

Filed: IR-2 Country: France
Timeline

They sent us a letter both times when we applied for expedite and it came back denied. USC has to have surgery for cancer. Provided proof, still denied. sad.pngcray5ol.gif

Sorry to hear that. Sounds pretty extreme.

Will keep you guys up to date concerning my expedite request.

Thank you all for your feedback

06/10/2013 NOA1 I-130 Priority date (NBC @ Overland Park, KS)
07/30/2013 Requested Expedite Procedure via USCIS Hotline
08/15/2013 Sent a letter to the NBC/MSC regarding Expedite

10/15/2013 Case approved, Notice mailed

10/21/2013 Case shipped to the DHS/NVC

11/xx/2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

0988d859-df57-45d4-b8e7-38ae103df6e9.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear that. Sounds pretty extreme.

Will keep you guys up to date concerning my expedite request.

Thank you all for your feedback

Good luck! hope it works for you.

Our Timeline
1st Jun, 2013 - Mailed i129f
17th Oct, 2013 - NOA2 Email Notification
27th Jan, 2014 - Visa Interview - Refused Visa eligible for waivers I601 and I212
23rd Sep, 2014 - Visa Received

2nd Nov, 2014 POE Newark

6th Nov, 2014 - Married

7th Nov, 2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed to Chicago

10th Nov, 2014 - Applications delivered and Receipt Date

14th Nov, 2014 - NOA1 Date

20th Nov, 2014 - Received NOA1 hard copies

29th Nov, 2014 - Letter for Biometrics Appointment. Appt date - 12/10/2014

1st Dec, 2014 - Walkin biometrics done

13th Dec, 2014 - RFE email followed by Hard Copy on 12/19/2014 for Marriage Certificate

20th Dec, 2014 - Mailed RFE response with certified Marriage License and Certificate

21st Feb, 2015 - Received notice of potential interview waiver by mail

2nd Mar, 2014 - email received for EAD approved

• 3 years later...
On 4/20/2012 at 10:01 AM, Miew-Miew said:

I (think) my expedite was approved because NVC sent me a letter (with the new #) and they sent the package on to the Embassy, and then she received her packet three that we are finishing up next week, but we NEVER heard anything from USCIS, and even the website states "initial review".

We called USCIS and couldn't get answers from anyone.. but assumed our packet was succesfully expediated.

We also expedite  but don't know how many day the approve our packet

• 10 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/15/2012 at 11:12 PM, Inky said:

You should hear in 5-10 days from your expedite request if its approved or not. If its not approved generally they just do not approve your petition and send no notice. If its approved you would have had an approval in 5-10 days of your sending the papers in for your request.

I was confused,my fiance contact to USCIS on may 14th 2018,the guy who talk to him said that they will move our case for expedited and wait 5-10 days.on may19th 2018, I check my online status, saying that on May 19th our request for expedit was completed.what does it mean? My fiance did not  request for expedite.i was confused because for all I know, for expedite pettion had critiria and you should pay for it.

7 hours ago, Pearl30 said:

I was confused,my fiance contact to USCIS on may 14th 2018,the guy who talk to him said that they will move our case for expedited and wait 5-10 days.on may19th 2018, I check my online status, saying that on May 19th our request for expedit was completed.what does it mean? My fiance did not  request for expedite.i was confused because for all I know, for expedite pettion had critiria and you should pay for it.

Expediting your case won't cost you anything, whether they approve it or not. When we requested our expedite (through the phone), we had a request for supporting documents the next day. We faxed the documents and got an email 2 weeks later that our request for expedite was approved, 2 days after that our I-129F was approved.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Derlon said:

Expediting your case won't cost you anything, whether they approve it or not. When we requested our expedite (through the phone), we had a request for supporting documents the next day. We faxed the documents and got an email 2 weeks later that our request for expedite was approved, 2 days after that our I-129F was approved.

17 hours ago, Derlon said:

We just received the hard copy of expedited request.but my fiance did not request for expedite because we both know that he was not qualified for expedited.when he call to USCIS he just ask about the new updates of our case.but the guy who talk to him said they will move our case for expedited.what will Happen now that we cannot provide the proof for expedited? Is this cause for denial? Or they will just get back our case to normal process.we are K1 pettion.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Pearl30 said:

We just received the hard copy of expedited request.but my fiance did not request for expedite because we both know that he was not qualified for expedited.when he call to USCIS he just ask about the new updates of our case.but the guy who talk to him said they will move our case for expedited.what will Happen now that we cannot provide the proof for expedited? Is this cause for denial? Or they will just get back our case to normal process.we are K1 pettion.

They will refuse the expedite but will continue with the normal process, there is nothing to worry :)

Timeline

Thank you.bit what you mean that they will refuse the expedite and they will just continue the process?, It that mean they will continue the process back to zero? We are now 175 days ative.Dec1 NoA 1.i hope they will just continue the process not back to zero.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Pearl30 said:

Thank you.bit what you mean that they will refuse the expedite and they will just continue the process?, It that mean they will continue the process back to zero? We are now 175 days ative.Dec1 NoA 1.i hope they will just continue the process not back to zero.

No, the expedite won't have any affect on anything if it is refused. They go back to the normal process for you, which meaning  your noa1 as December 1 is still same.

If they went back to zero nobody would try it :)

I know people tried expedite 5 times and approved at the same time with the other people who filed around their time. Many people try expedite just to give it a try and it has no affect on the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.