tryhy1

Revoking US Citizenship

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After someone get US citizenship, he can receive notice to revoke citizenship within 2 years. If he do not reply within 60 days, citizenship will be cancelled.

My question is, what if he is not known about receiving this notice, for example.. he is out of city.. or may be he travel to his native country... if he is not known.. still his citizenship cancelled after 60 days?

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

That's strange - never heard about such a thing.

From what I know, the US citizenship can be revoked if found out that someone lied to obtain it either in the naturalization process or during ROC, AOS etc.

Where did you get that info?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Revoking citizenship is a very serious issue and if there was something that came up that was serious enough to cause this actions to be initiated then there is probably little that can be done to stop it.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

After someone get US citizenship, he can receive notice to revoke citizenship within 2 years. If he do not reply within 60 days, citizenship will be cancelled.

My question is, what if he is not known about receiving this notice, for example.. he is out of city.. or may be he travel to his native country... if he is not known.. still his citizenship cancelled after 60 days?

If within two years of becoming a citizen the USCIS finds that the person acquired citizenship through misrepresentation, then administrative revocation can take place. So when the USCIS finds out that there has been fraud during the process they will send you a notice. Of course you better reply to that notice. This only happens when they suspect that someone filed for citizenship in an illegal way. When you leave the country make sure the mail gets to you in one way or the other or... call the USCIS and tell them... hey, I might be an illegal citizen, please sent my mail to ....

I think only you know whether there is a reason for them to start a revocation procedure so... when you became citizen through misrepresentation, you know... when you gamble, you might lose... that's the game. Most of us people won't have that problem.. for the very few that file illegal... I don't feel sorry at all. They are the reason immigration laws become more stricter and stricter.

Naturalization Journey

7/16/2010 N400 sent to Texas Lockbox

7/20/2010 Delivery Notification N400 Package

7/28/2010 Check Cashed

7/29/2010 NOA received per mail / Notice date = 7/26/2010

8/09/2010 NOA received per mail / FP / Notice date = 8/05/2010

9/03/2010 Fingerprints

9/27/2010 Yellow letter received per mail / Notice date = 9/23/2010

10/21/2010 Case touched and file send to local office

10/29/2010 NOA2 interview received per mail / FP / Notice date = 10/22/2010

11/23/2010 Citizenship Interview - APPROVED

11/23/2010 Oath Ceremony in Newark, NJ - U.S. CITIZEN

11/24/2010 Received my passport

11/24/2010 Took care of my SSC and Driver's License

Filed: Other Timeline

Tryhy1,

where have you found this? Was it very dusty?

Have you ever won in the lottery, big time, twice in a row?

Have you been a Nazi Officer in WWII, have you tried to overthrow a Government, have you been King of a country, or have you worked for a terrorist organization and failed to disclose it every step of the way until now?

If you can answer "No" to all of these questions, I think you can go back to bed. And if you have been a really bad boy in the past, don't worry about notifying the US Government about your whereabouts . . . they'll find you, I promise!

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the same guy that asked about lying on illegally working and getting payed and not paying taxes etc... not surprised hes now asking about revoked citizenship

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

have you been King of a country

rofl.gif

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Tryhy1,

where have you found this? Was it very dusty?

Have you ever won in the lottery, big time, twice in a row?

Have you been a Nazi Officer in WWII, have you tried to overthrow a Government, have you been King of a country, or have you worked for a terrorist organization and failed to disclose it every step of the way until now?

If you can answer "No" to all of these questions, I think you can go back to bed. And if you have been a really bad boy in the past, don't worry about notifying the US Government about your whereabouts . . . they'll find you, I promise!

LOL!!!!!!! Oh lord.. that made my night... weekend...thanksgiving week!!! :rofl:

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Are you saying the USCIS has a two year statue of limitations for lying on your application? So if they don't catch you within two years, you are home free?

Don't believe this is true, lets say 10-20 years down the road you were caught for murdering someone and they checked your application and you answered no for committing a crime you were never caught for. They still will deport you, after you served your life sentence or were executed for this crime.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Are you saying the USCIS has a two year statue of limitations for lying on your application? So if they don't catch you within two years, you are home free?

Don't believe this is true, lets say 10-20 years down the road you were caught for murdering someone and they checked your application and you answered no for committing a crime you were never caught for. They still will deport you, after you served your life sentence or were executed for this crime.

No, this is correct... the USCIS has two years. After that the government must file suit in federal court to have the person "de-naturalized. Doesn't make a lot of difference in my opinion. When they start this procedure you're screwed...

Naturalization Journey

7/16/2010 N400 sent to Texas Lockbox

7/20/2010 Delivery Notification N400 Package

7/28/2010 Check Cashed

7/29/2010 NOA received per mail / Notice date = 7/26/2010

8/09/2010 NOA received per mail / FP / Notice date = 8/05/2010

9/03/2010 Fingerprints

9/27/2010 Yellow letter received per mail / Notice date = 9/23/2010

10/21/2010 Case touched and file send to local office

10/29/2010 NOA2 interview received per mail / FP / Notice date = 10/22/2010

11/23/2010 Citizenship Interview - APPROVED

11/23/2010 Oath Ceremony in Newark, NJ - U.S. CITIZEN

11/24/2010 Received my passport

11/24/2010 Took care of my SSC and Driver's License

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was there not a recent case of a naturalized US citizen who was involved with some of the atrocities that occurred during WWII. This man was past 90 years old and had been a USC for many years. I believe he was deported and citizenship revoked. Well past any two year "rule"

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Citizenship can also be revoked if they commit crimes while being a citizen as well. Now these aren't typical minor crimes, but much bigger serious ones like espionage, certain types of murders and so forth for expample...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Filed: Other Timeline

That's why a naturalized citizen is somewhat of a second class citizen. If I become a USC and join Al Queda in Afghanistan later, I'll lose my citizenship for sure. They can't do that to a natural born citizen. Not that it matters much, as non-USCs are not treated differently in the big house.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

That's why a naturalized citizen is somewhat of a second class citizen. If I become a USC and join Al Queda in Afghanistan later, I'll lose my citizenship for sure. They can't do that to a natural born citizen. Not that it matters much, as non-USCs are not treated differently in the big house.

So as a naturalized citizen, and my wife was told she was a citizen just like she was born here, I was there, I heard it.

Strike 1: Cannot run for US president.

Strike 2. With your place of birth on US passport, have to maintain a foreign passport and "Dual Citizenship" regardless of whatever the DOS wants to call it.

Strike 3. And you are out of the country if caught doing something naughty.

Is there a strike 4?

Ironically if you mom snook into this country illegally and you were born here, get WIC, Medicaid, food stamps, and sympathy.

Who makes these laws? We the people? Or a bunch of crack smoking draft dodging idiots?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So as a naturalized citizen, and my wife was told she was a citizen just like she was born here, I was there, I heard it.

Strike 1: Cannot run for US president.

Strike 2. With your place of birth on US passport, have to maintain a foreign passport and "Dual Citizenship" regardless of whatever the DOS wants to call it.

Strike 3. And you are out of the country if caught doing something naughty.

Is there a strike 4?

Ironically if you mom snook into this country illegally and you were born here, get WIC, Medicaid, food stamps, and sympathy.

Who makes these laws? We the people? Or a bunch of crack smoking draft dodging idiots?

Where did you hear about these? The first one is correct, the second one isn't as you do not have to maintain a foreign passport at all. In fact many new US citizens from places like India, Peru, many old Soviet block countries, Japan etc have to forgo their old citizenships and no longer can legally have a passport from their native countries anymore. The only correct thing about the #2 is that you will just have your place of birth on your US passport and that is it. You are not required to have any other passport but the US one, and in fact the US would prefer if you didn't...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.