KOI

Travel ban bans fiance and spouse?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Here we are again with trump trying to ban fiance and spouse from the seven countries... taking effect in two days.

what can we do if anything? We are so close to scheduling our interview and now we have to deal with this again ...

what can we do?

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : United Arab Emirates
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-04-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-08-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-08-18
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-09-07
NVC Received : 2017-09-28
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-09-28
NVC Left : 2017-10-01
Consulate Received : 2017-10-03

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Write to your Senators and Congressman 

Homeland Security is over immigraiton and under the Congress

rules should be part of Congressional action this is why we have checks and balances and 3 branches of government

i wrote saying 

there needs to be changes and all polititians are talking about it but there is no congressial committee at this time to study the issues and propose a solution

i gave an exmple like the questions asked at interview have not changed since they did intrerviews here

asking what did financee or spouse eat for breakfast and what color is carpet in bedroom are outdated/ they are from time the person came to the US, was living here with mate and went to an interview

state your issues

tell Congress to start looking into the problems and demand they do their job

Timeline
10 hours ago, KOI said:

Here we are again with trump trying to ban fiance and spouse from the seven countries... taking effect in two days.

what can we do if anything? We are so close to scheduling our interview and now we have to deal with this again ...

what can we do?

I understand completely...we are married and I am beyond shocked that bonafide relationships are also banned indefinitely. It's really unfair. Like the other poster stated, call your congressman, congresswoman and demand help! Its all we can do. XOXO

event.png

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wesselink1985 said:

M fiance is from iran , our application has been in security check for the last 11 months... do you think this is because of the travel ban?

Hi! That could have a part in it...11 months security check...do you mean waiting for NOA2? Private message me. 

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, kris&me said:

Write to your Senators and Congressman 

Iran is on the list because "the government in Iran regularly fails to cooperate with the United States Government in identifying security risks; is the source of significant terrorist threats; is state sponsor of terrorism; and fails to receive its nationals subject to final orders of removal from the United States".

Rather than harassing our government, your time might be better spent trying to encourage the Iranian government to play nice with the rest of the world and stop behaving like a rogue state.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, broppy said:

Iran is on the list because "the government in Iran regularly fails to cooperate with the United States Government in identifying security risks; is the source of significant terrorist threats; is state sponsor of terrorism; and fails to receive its nationals subject to final orders of removal from the United States".

Rather than harassing our government, your time might be better spent trying to encourage the Iranian government to play nice with the rest of the world and stop behaving like a rogue state.

Put on this list for political reasons.

the only country that has done terrorist attacks is Saudi, US funded taliban and Al Qaueda, there is some proof that Saudi funds ISIS (though not solidified)

Did I mention that Israel provides aid to ISIS?

I don’t want to make this political but the travel ban is BS and purely to escelate issues between US and Iran to try and start a war. 

K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No

Timeline
13 minutes ago, broppy said:

It's common sense that there should be vetting.However, there has NOT been one single Iranian terrorist. There HAVE been Saudian, Moroccan, Pakistani etc...  yet they are not on this list. Name one, just one, Iranian National that committed a terrorist act...NOT ONE. 

Requesting our congressmen for help to get our husbands, wives and fiances is our right. In fact, I contacted my congressman AND congresswoman who both ensured me they are working hard on this issue and asked me for more info...hardly harassing them-they were both very happy to help with this situation.

People come here for support and guidance...not to be insulted. If you have nothing to contribute, maybe stay quiet.

4 minutes ago, KOI said:

Put on this list for political reasons.

the only country that has done terrorist attacks is Saudi, US funded taliban and Al Qaueda, there is some proof that Saudi funds ISIS (though not solidified)

Did I mention that Israel provides aid to ISIS?

I don’t want to make this political but the travel ban is BS and purely to escelate issues between US and Iran to try and start a war. 

Exactly!!!!!!!!

event.png

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wesselink1985 said:

M fiance is from iran , our application has been in security check for the last 11 months... do you think this is because of the travel ban?

No part of it can just take a while because iran is harder to get details to the US.

anyways I checked and fiance/spouse is supposedly not affected.

K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No

Timeline
1 minute ago, KOI said:

No part of it can just take a while because iran is harder to get details to the US.

Fiance & Spouse are included in the ban indefinitely beginning Oct 18. UGH

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, natasha-mehdito said:

It's common sense that there should be vetting.However, there has NOT been one single Iranian terrorist. There HAVE been Saudian, Moroccan, Pakistani etc...  yet they are not on this list. Name one, just one, Iranian National that committed a terrorist act...NOT ONE. 

But the problem is that Iran (and most other countries on the list) is not adequately sharing information with the US about serious criminals or known and suspected terrorists. Those other countries are co-operating with the US to identify potential threats to our country.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
20 minutes ago, KOI said:

Starting October 18th, spousal and fiance visa's will also be banned :(

I believe that there will be some sort of case-by-case deliberation however, and I think that if you can prove that the ban will cause you some sort of hardship, then they'll make exceptions. Again, this is case-by-case and I'm not exactly sure how easy it'll be to prove a hardship. At that point I would say that it would be best to get an immigration lawyer involved. 

04/14/16-Case Received

04/18/16-NOA1

04/21/16-NOA1 Hard Copy

06/30/16-NOA2 (73 days)

07/05/16-NOA2 Hard Copy

07/25/16-NVC Case Number Assigned.

07/26/16-Case was in Transit.

07/28/16-Case is now 'Ready' in Amsterdam

08/03/16-Received packet 3

09/27/16-Interview - APPROVED!!

09/29/16- Visa received.

10/29/16- POE date.

12/03/16-Receiving Social Security Number

12/01/16-Married

01/09/17-Filed AP, AOS and EAD

01/22/17-Received NOA1 

02/06/17-Biometrics Appointment Letter Received 

02/10/17- Digital RFIE received 

02/16/17-Biometrics appointment

02/21/17-RFIE Response Sent

02/23/17-RFIE Response received by USCIS

02/24/17-Status was updated on the USCIS website to "Response received" 

03/09/17-Status changed to "Ready to Schedule Interview"

04/14/17-Filed a service request for EAD card

04/19/17- EAD card is being produced

04/25/17-EAD/AP card was sent out.

04/27/17-Received combo card. 

09/25/17-AOS Interview-APPROVED!

09/30/17-Green card in hand! Done for 2 years :D

Timeline

It says on here https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/Immigrate-Announcement.html

that you should continue and its up to the interviewer to decide if your case is exempt from the new ban or not.

K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.