SAM JBI

K1 visa approved but stuck in AP

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My k1 visa approved on 01 DEC 2016 and visa officer said to me i will get my passport back in two weeks but its more than three month now i dont get my visa. my status is stuck on 21 dec 2016 on AP after that he didn't change any date or didn't change any status on there.

is there anyone who having same problem or will you please advise me what to do i am very worry:(

There's nothing you can do with regards to AP; it simply takes as long as it takes. 

In some (rare) cases it can last years. 

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

i can understand about that my first interview on 10 nov 2016 and visa officer put me in AP after two weeks later he call me and say i have to visit the embassy need my new fingerprint and i have to take oath after that on 1st dec 2016 he approved my visa i already in AP and its finish i dont know why my case is again stuck on ap after the 1st dec my status update on 15 dec ready to ap and two days later its back on ready and then its again on 21 dec on ap and then its stuck now i dont know.

Timeline

i email twice but he gave me same reply you visa application is still pending n administrative processing nothing eles he tell me about my case its almost ten week now my status is stuck on Ap

Timeline

Hi guys

I had my interview on 22feb k1 visa. Till now there is no status change it is still the same READY. I didn't got approved on spot but CO kept my passport and asked me to wait one week.

Passport status is still with the us embassy

Cgi status is READY

Can someone pls tell me what is going on or share their experience 

Timeline

No i didn't get any slip. Interview went very well.he close the interview on notes that his system is slow n unable to make a decision. And I'll get a call after one week

Timeline

Hi HxN 

i am sorry about that when he says you computer is slow and he cant make the decsion right now is ou notice that which people give the interview before yours is he get that approved and its good thing he kept your passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello, 

Today marks  126 days since my interview at the embassy. AP is unpredictable and varies from case to case. You might send 1001 emails to them but they will give you the same answer every time. It could be security background checks. So just be patient, they will contact you once the process has been completed. 

Edited by Debkay

Timeline

Hi debkay

i am sorry about you are also stuck in ap but when i stuck in ap its clear in two weeks and visa officer call me and said that my visa is approved and i will get in two weeks first the status going update my case is went to immgriant to non imgrinat visa after that 21 dec my case status is stck there no date update not status update i dont what happen there.

is your visa is approved when you going to your interview?

thank you i hope we get our visa soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Approved subject to AP, AP is the last step.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Back in 2015 of February my fiance at that time was also stuck in AP for 6 months they kept his passport in the 6 month they asked to do another medical exam which he did once at was send a month later he got his visa he had to go pick it up. They also gave him a slip mark case under AP

Timeline

Hi lovepaki 

thank you for msg i am sorry he have to go in Ap but glad he get his visa. its little bit differnet with my case my first interview on 10 nov 2016 and he put me in ap and after two weeks he call me to i have to come embassy i go there on 1st dec 2016 and he approved my visa and 2nd dec he chnage my case status to imgrinat to no immgriant visa and put ready on there but 21 dec my status is stuck on ap since then he didn't change any status and didn't change any status i hope they issue my visa soon. 

thank you for your msg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.