14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi there,

I'm getting ready to send my I-751 ROC package next week.

I would like to share with all of you my list of the bona fide attached documents I'm submitting along with the I-751, let me know if there's something I'm missing. :dancing:

· Photographs of <CPR’s name> and c demonstrating consistent and continuous public affection, attendance, interaction, and identification as a married couple at family functions and in public, over the course of the marriage.

· Photocopies of 2014 federal tax transcript showing filling status as “Married Filled Jointly for 2014.

· Photocopies of 2015 federal tax transcript showing filling status as “Married Filled Jointly for 2015.

· Photocopies of state ID of <CPR’s name> and <USC’s name>, showing a shared address over the course of marriage.

· Photocopies of Mailbox Service Agreement by UPS showing joint ownership and joint responsibility, payment receipts for the mailbox acquired and official change of address confirmation letters from USPS redirecting all our mail to the joint mailbox.

· Photocopy of <CPR’s name> IRA account authorization form, granting <USC’s name> FULL authority on the account, also a confirmation letter showing <USC’s name> as a sole beneficiary, showing intent to continue sharing joint financial responsibility.

· Photocopies of rent leases listing <USC’s name> and <CPR’s name> as tenants showing intent to continue to have a shared address, and to take and have a joint responsibility for a joint primary residence.

· Photocopies of Chase credit card for <USC’s name> and <CPR’s name> and quarterly statements, showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of marriage.

· Photocopies of Capital One credit card for <USC’s name> and <CPR’s name> and year end summary, showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of marriage.

· Photocopies of Capital One credit card for <USC’s name> and <CPR’s name> and year end summary, showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of marriage.

· Photocopies of Chase Checking and Saving account statements for <USC’s name> and <CPR’s name>, further showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of marriage, account was closed on July 2015 to switch account to Capital One bank.

· Photocopies of Capital One Checking and Saving account statements for <USC’s name> and <CPR’s name>, further showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of marriage.

· Photocopies of <insurance provider> health insurance cards showing a joint health insurance policy on 2015 with former employer.

· Photocopies of <insurance provider> dental insurance card and insurance policy showing a joint account.

· Photocopies of <insurance provider> life insurance policy, the designation of beneficiary status to <USC’s name>, and public identification as a married couple over the course of marriage.

· Photocopy of BJ’s membership cards with adjacent membership numbers and identical issue date, showing a joint account and shared management and decision making regarding household purchases and expenses, over the course of marriage.

· Photocopy of boarding passes, hotel receipts, car rental and checked bag tags, showing same itineraries and trips as a married couple, demonstrating consistent and continuous intent to travel together.

Thank you very much!

Edited by gb20792

-ROC Journey-
07/16/2016 - Sent package via UPS to VSC.
07/19/2016 - Package received signed by SCOSS.
07/21/2016 - Check cashed.
07/23/2016 - NOA1 received.

08/05/2016 - Biometrics Appt received. (Dated 07/29/2016)

08/08/2016 - Biometrics early walk-in.

08/07/2017 - Received approval letter. (Dated 08/03)

-Naturalization Journey-

07/17/2017 - Sent N400 form online

07/18/2017 - Electronic NOA1 received

07/22/2017 - Electronic Biometrics Appointment letter

07/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment completed (Early walk-in Original 08/10/2017)

09/20/2017 - Appointment scheduled

10/27/2017 - Citizenship interview day - Same day approved, status changed to Oath Ceremony Scheduled

12/05/2017 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!

- End of Journey - 

Timeline

State ID's are on my list already.

We don't have any utility under our names as we have been subleasing apartments in NYC.

-ROC Journey-

-Naturalization Journey-

07/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment completed (Early walk-in Original 08/10/2017)

10/27/2017 - Citizenship interview day - Same day approved, status changed to Oath Ceremony Scheduled

- End of Journey - 

Why are you only sending year end summaries for 2 of your credit cards?

You could add wills, POA, MPOA.... Any leases with both names?

Did you really write out all these exactly this way on your cover sheet?

Oh life insurance? current health insurance? beneficiaries of 401k or other joint investments?

vehicle purchase? insurance and/or registration?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Dear NRL,

Should I add all the credit card statements? the year end summary includes transactions through out the entire year, I thought sending 24+ statements for each one of the credit cards will be too much paper. What do you think?

Yes, we have the leases for the sublease of both apartments we've lived in, that is also included on my list.

Life insurance yes, current health insurance no, the deadline passes and we are without health insurance as of right now. We have dental insurance though.

We have a joint IRA account which is also listed on the list.

No vehicles in NYC.

Should I change something?

-ROC Journey-

-Naturalization Journey-

- End of Journey - 

Dear NRL,

Should I add all the credit card statements? the year end summary includes transactions through out the entire year, I thought sending 24+ statements for each one of the credit cards will be too much paper. What do you think?

Yes, we have the leases for the sublease of both apartments we've lived in, that is also included on my list.

Life insurance yes, current health insurance no, the deadline passes and we are without health insurance as of right now. We have dental insurance though.

We have a joint IRA account which is also listed on the list.

No vehicles in NYC.

Should I change something?

I would add quarterly statements.

You don't need to write Photocopies each time or showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of marriage or really anything that says "showing...." Submit the evidence. They know what it shows. They know bank statements show you joint your finances. They know a lease shows you live together and take joint responsibility. They don't care that the photographs show you having public displays of affection (which not everyone does...) It's just wordy, and long, and unnecessary. You can include it if you want to of course, but personally, I think a list of the items like this is easier to read and to the point.

• Joint tax return transcripts 2014 & 2015
  • Photographs together and with family
  • Rental agreements
  • Chase credit card statements
  • Capital one credit card statements
  • Wills
  • Medical Powers of Attorney
  • Just a simple list like this shows what you're sending without all the excess. Do it how you want to do it, because this is merely advice.

For example here is ours:

Enclosed forms and fees

• Check for $590, payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
    • Completed and signed Joint I-751 Petition
    • Attachment for all addresses and dates
    • Copy front and back of I-551Conditional Permanent Resident Card
    Enclosed are the following documents to verify the status of our marriage and ongoing relationship:
    • Tax Return Transcripts 2012, 2013, and 2014
    • Entire USAA joint account statements from January 2013 April 2015
    • Copy of Joint Property Tax Statement for 2015
    • Copy of Joint Water Utility bill from December 2014 April 2015
    • Warranty Deed for Joint title on house
    • Bill of sale on jointly owned home
    • 2 photos with family
    • Letter from GEHA Health Insurance stating NLR is covered by spouse's health insurance with copy of health insurance card
    • Proof of Joint Auto Insurance Card
    • Copy front and back of HUBS and NLR driver's licenses
    • Notice of beneficiary of life insurance
    • Affidavit of marriage
    • Copy of wills for HUBS and NLR
    • Copy of living will for HUBS and NLR

No RFE. Approved in 6 months from CSC.

To be honest I look at it now and could have removed "copy of" on my items too. See... I'm not perfect and can tell where I could have totally improved now that I'm removed from the process. :D Always room for improvement right?! :thumbs:

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

RE: bank and credit card statements

We sent summaries and ended up with an RFE. I would recommend sending every bank and credit card statement including transaction pages going all the way back to your marriage (or at least as far as when each became a joint account).

We ultimately got approved but not before an extra 2 months passed. We spent that time gathering more paperwork and then waiting to hear from them.

Good luck!

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Timeline

I would add quarterly statements.

You don't need to write Photocopies each time or showing a joint account, and joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of marriage or really anything that says "showing...." Submit the evidence. They know what it shows. They know bank statements show you joint your finances. They know a lease shows you live together and take joint responsibility. They don't care that the photographs show you having public displays of affection (which not everyone does...) It's just wordy, and long, and unnecessary. You can include it if you want to of course, but personally, I think a list of the items like this is easier to read and to the point.

• Joint tax return transcripts 2014 & 2015
  • Photographs together and with family
  • Rental agreements
  • Chase credit card statements
  • Capital one credit card statements
  • Wills
  • Medical Powers of Attorney
  • Just a simple list like this shows what you're sending without all the excess. Do it how you want to do it, because this is merely advice.

For example here is ours:

No RFE. Approved in 6 months from CSC.

To be honest I look at it now and could have removed "copy of" on my items too. See... I'm not perfect and can tell where I could have totally improved now that I'm removed from the process. :D Always room for improvement right?! :thumbs:

Haha. :D Yes it looks much cleaner that way and easier to read.

Thanks for your help! And absolutely, always room for improvement! :dance:

RE: bank and credit card statements

We sent summaries and ended up with an RFE. I would recommend sending every bank and credit card statement including transaction pages going all the way back to your marriage (or at least as far as when each became a joint account).

We ultimately got approved but not before an extra 2 months passed. We spent that time gathering more paperwork and then waiting to hear from them.

Good luck!

Hey there!

How big was your package? We have 3 credit cards and a checking account together, I'm not sure how it will fit in a folder :rofl: .

I think I'm going to go with sending quarterly statements of each one of the cards and accounts.

What else did you send?

Thank you

-ROC Journey-

-Naturalization Journey-

- End of Journey - 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Haha. :D Yes it looks much cleaner that way and easier to read.

Thanks for your help! And absolutely, always room for improvement! :dance:

Hey there!

How big was your package? We have 3 credit cards and a checking account together, I'm not sure how it will fit in a folder :rofl: .

I think I'm going to go with sending quarterly statements of each one of the cards and accounts.

What else did you send?

Thank you

We submitted about six pounds of paper with our initial submission, and almost four pounds in response to the RFE. Both were submitted in boxes. USCIS seems to want quantity not quality, as the form instructions indicate:

....Submit copies of as many documents as you can to establish this fact, to demonstrate the circumstances of the relationship from the date of the marriage to the present date,....

REF: Page 5, https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-751instr.pdf (emphasis added)

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hey there!

What else did you send?

Thank you

Our RFE response had about 350 pages of just credit card and bank statements. That included 2 checking, 2 savings, and three credit cards dating back to 2013. Our RFE had another 150 pages with insurance, leases, taxes, etc. Add those 500 pages to our original submission that probably had about 250 pages, and they got both quality and quantity. With each package, we clipped the papers together using ACCO fasteners and sent them in a flat rate box from the USPS. Good luck!

Edited by SM & EF

07/31/05 First met in Ft Lauderdale

06/26/13 DOMA overturned

07/16/13 Married in Rockville, Maryland

08/22/13 Day 0 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox (I-130, I-485, I-765)

11/20/13 Day 90 AOS Interview completed - Approved!

09/01/15 Day 740 I-751 Mailed ROC packet to California Service Center

04/08/16 Day 960 I-751 RFE received - need to provide more evidence of financial commingling

05/03/16 Day 985 RFE response sent

06/07/16 Day 1020 I-751 approval notice received

06/16/16 Day 1029 10-year greencard received

11/16/16 Day 1182 Mailed N-400 citizenship application

08/21/17 Day 1460 Received alert that naturalization interview was scheduled

09/28/17 Day 1498 N-400 interview completed - Approved!

10/20/17 Day 1520 Oath ceremony finished - now a US Citizen

Hi

We did random statements (1 from each quarter) for each of our joint bank and credit card statements and didn't get an RFE. Seems like it just depends on what other supporting evidence you have and who ends up going through your paperwork.

Consulate: South Africa
Married: 2011-06-25
I-130 Sent: 2011-07-22
I-130 NOA1: 2011-07-25
I-130 Approved: 2011-07-27
Receive I-864 Package: 2011-11-10
Return Completed I-864: 2011-11-14
Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-10
Packet 3 Sent: 2011-11-10
Packet 4 Received: 2011-11-15
Interview Date: 2011-11-30
Interview Result: Approved
Visa Received: 2011-12-06
US Entry: 2012-01-11
Port of Entry: San Francisco

ROC I-751 Filed: 2013-12-19

NOA1: 2013-12-23

Biometrics: 2014-01-16

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL, I am putting my large packet together this weekend. Still need to pick up copies of bank statements. I just got my reminder letter today, glad I did not wait to start with this stuff.

Since you live in NYC, do you both have a transit account???? You can add that

Are you using the fasteners or binder clips? I found an old folder in my dad's footlocker, so I am putting it in that with tabs added to the bottom. Not sure how much it weighs.

Good Luck!

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.