23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello everyone :) My fiancé Irina and I sent out our K1 Visa application on the 27th of last month. Right now it is being processed at the California Visa Center. Irina and I communicate on Facebook for many hours every day since we started talking on September of 2014. For "Proof of Communication" I saved every message we send on a SanDisk and I told them that is where they should look to see proof of our communication. There are over 5000 pages so it's impossible to print every page. We both speak Russian and English so I didn't want to translate every page. Today I got a mail from USCIS with my SanDisk. The letter said that they returned the SanDisk to me because it is a format that they cannot place in my file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process...I'm very confused. Do I need to print out pages of our Facebook conversations and send it to them again? Does this ruin our hopes of getting approved? Please help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Yeah the USCIS, NVC, and embassy will not look at any digital content. You will need to print out the documents and send it to them (I presume you got an RFE?).

However, you probably don't need to send all of it. Just pick snippits here and there and organize it on a word document before printing it out. Having all of it sent might be overkill.

No, it isn't going to ruin your chances of getting approved as long as you give them what they ask for (AGAIN presuming that you got an RFE from this.) I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just send some samples of your chat and / or email correspondence covering the entirety of your relationship.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

@VenityFair No. They did not ask for RFE. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I feel so much better.

@ K1AOSROCUSC I did attach screenshots of some Facebook conversation in the packet. Every page was translated and notarized.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We communicate almost exclusively on VIBER. I will send of the I-129F tomorrow so today I screen shot about 60 pages (4 screen shots to a page ) to cover our relationship contact from the start until now. I had not thought about giving them any digital media. Good to know the result if I had. Maybe virus issues for them. Anyway sounds like they will just not take the contents of the disc into consideration. They probably have a screener who opens the mail and send that type of stuff back before it is even reviewed.

My suggestion would be to print out 3 paper copies of what you want to send them (just random samplings covering your courting/dating period) then send one ASAP and ask them to attach it to your file. The 2nd copy I would keep until and if you actually get an RFE. and the 3rd just keep for yourself in the event something gets lost. Let us know how it goes.

Edited by tyler747

Timeline

Thank you Tyler747. I will keep that in mind. I wish you luck. We use Viber too but mostly for calling. Facebook messanger is more convenient for text.

Edited by Alex&Irina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What does have them notarised do?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

It simply is legal proof that the signature is yours. It is over kill for sure but certainly does not hurt well except the pocket book unless your bank will do it for free.

We are talking about Facebook pages.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Remember a good tip, quality versus quantity. Having 10 pages of meaningful conversation would outweigh 50 pages of playful banter or talking about the weather.

Also yeah, the process is costly enough as it is, unless you literally have money to burn, you don't need to notarize FB communications lol.

And, if you want to be the skeptic, yes the signature may be yours, but those FB convos could be forged! The notarization only makes the signature legit, it doesn't make the content of what you signed legit.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone :) My fiancé Irina and I sent out our K1 Visa application on the 27th of last month. Right now it is being processed at the California Visa Center. Irina and I communicate on Facebook for many hours every day since we started talking on September of 2014. For "Proof of Communication" I saved every message we send on a SanDisk and I told them that is where they should look to see proof of our communication. There are over 5000 pages so it's impossible to print every page. We both speak Russian and English so I didn't want to translate every page. Today I got a mail from USCIS with my SanDisk. The letter said that they returned the SanDisk to me because it is a format that they cannot place in my file folder for review by an officer during the adjudication process...I'm very confused. Do I need to print out pages of our Facebook conversations and send it to them again? Does this ruin our hopes of getting approved? Please help.

They will not accept any media except printed documents.

You don't have to have proof of communications, you have to have proof of a legitimate relationship.

So what does that mean?

You need to print out selected communications that show what you talk about and how your relationship has developed and that you two are serious about the visa and life together in the US.

Most relationships follow a normal path....the getting to know you phase, to the planning the meeting(s) in person, to more intimate discussions (keep out the X-rated stuff but I suggest to include some lovey-dovey stuff since couples that intend to get married do that), then discussions about the visa process, discussions about life in the US, education, clothing, housing, travel, the new home, etc etc.

Draft a document titled Evolution of Our Relationship. Describe the above phases of your relationship and refer to specific documents that indicate that you guys did that or talked about that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My fiance and I have literally 2 years worth of conversations, plus the year of when we lived together before we were separated. We talk and texted A LOT. 24/7.

If I would have had to print out 10,000+ pages if i need all my conversations.

However!! I just went through all of the conversations and picked out one lovey dovey conversation we had with each other for the month. Literally one or two screen shots per month.

Saved me a buttload of money, and proved that we talked all the time.

Plus I sent a screen shot of every skypecall we had that also had the time of call listed next to it (you know when you hang up?).

So, to put it all together. One conversation per month, from facebook messenger, viber, skype, whatsapp, and sms. Plus a complete list of every phonecall ever made to one another on regular phone call, viber, and skype!

Drastically reduces the amount you need to print out.

(L) Meike & Alex (L)

2nbu1cx.jpg

Got engaged :wub:(August 29th, 2014)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Click Spoiler to show i-129F K-1 Visa application processes

hgOf2QL.png?1

--------------------------------------------------------------------
November 16th - Applied for SS Card
November 16th - Got marriage certificate

November 20th - Married!!! <3
December 9th - AOS package sent

December 18th - NOA's received for all three!!

December 21st - NOA1 hard copy in the mail

Dec 30th - Bio-metrics letter in the mail

Jan 12th, 2016 - Bio-metrics completed!!

Jan 15th - RFIEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 23rd - RFIE response mailed back
Feb 26th - RFIE response received
March 8th - EAD/AP APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! (On my birthday too~)

March 16th - Card received in the mail~
May 17th - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!! NO INTERVIEW NEEDED

May 23rd - NOA approval in the mail

May 25th - Green card in HAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

Future ROC filing date: Feb 16th, 2018

Timeline

My fiance and I have literally 2 years worth of conversations, plus the year of when we lived together before we were separated. We talk and texted A LOT. 24/7.

If I would have had to print out 10,000+ pages if i need all my conversations.

However!! I just went through all of the conversations and picked out one lovey dovey conversation we had with each other for the month. Literally one or two screen shots per month.

Saved me a buttload of money, and proved that we talked all the time.

Plus I sent a screen shot of every skypecall we had that also had the time of call listed next to it (you know when you hang up?).

So, to put it all together. One conversation per month, from facebook messenger, viber, skype, whatsapp, and sms. Plus a complete list of every phonecall ever made to one another on regular phone call, viber, and skype!

Drastically reduces the amount you need to print out.

For Germany????????????????????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.