megamibear

I WANT spouse deported after we married. HELP

34 posts in this topic

I will try to not make this lengthy. My husband came here on a K-1 Visa and arrived October 2014.

We married in January 2015, that late, due to his temper. I should have listed to my gut and just forgot about everything and dropped it. But I really wanted to make it work and thought he just needed time to adjust.

Well it's been a year now. That includes over 5 domestic abuse reports against him, him being in jail once, and abuse against my animals.

I have no proof of him hurting my animals but they run for cover every time he walks inside... and the BRUISE on my dog's belly and giant bump on his back.

I CANNOT take this!! I need advice.

He was sent a letter that said he may or may not have an interview for his green card. This is where we're at in this moment.

Of course get a divorce. But wouldn't that just be letting him off the hook? Then he could fill out more paperwork that says it didn't work out?

If I remove myself as a petitioner - can't he just find someone else to petition for him?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. At this point he rubs it in my face that he is in the United States.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you still living together

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Call and have i-864 recended. Make an infopass appt, and then send a letter to where u mailed AOS. Without your affidavit of support, he gets no GC

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Move/go to a shelter, Get a restraining order, get divorced, send letters to uscis pulling the affidavit of support so that the green card won't be issued, after booking an info pass appointment go to the local office to give another copy of the letter withdrawing the affidavit of support to make sure they got the letter. Most importantly get to a place you and your pets can be safe. If he does not adjust his status through you as a K1 visa entrant then he cannot adjust through anyone else, K1 visa holders who have married but been abused by their spouses can file to adjust their status without their US citizen spouse but he would have to show he was abused by you to do this.

Edited by Illiria

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Effects of Major Family Changes forum, where similar matters are often discussed. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I will try to not make this lengthy. My husband came here on a K-1 Visa and arrived October 2014.

We married in January 2015, that late, due to his temper. I should have listed to my gut and just forgot about everything and dropped it. But I really wanted to make it work and thought he just needed time to adjust.

Well it's been a year now. That includes over 5 domestic abuse reports against him, him being in jail once, and abuse against my animals.

I have no proof of him hurting my animals but they run for cover every time he walks inside... and the BRUISE on my dog's belly and giant bump on his back.

He was sent a letter that said he may or may not have an interview for his green card. This is where we're at in this moment.

Of course get a divorce. But wouldn't that just be letting him off the hook? Then he could fill out more paperwork that says it didn't work out?

If I remove myself as a petitioner - can't he just find someone else to petition for him?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. At this point he rubs it in my face that he is in the United States.

The arrest you speak of and him being in jail, is the case still pending?

If it was for domestic abuse did you follow through on it and pursue the issue?

That can be a game changer in your situation and subject him to more severe punishment and penalties...... that is if you followed through with the courts upon his arrest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Immigration is not in the business of getting rid of spouses when you are the one that asked that they be brought here. If he hasn't gotten a green card removing the affidavit of support will end his path through you, As a K1 entrant his only path currently is through you , but he could leave and return through someone else or just become a non permitted resident like the millions of others the US embraces.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

You can't remove yourself because you are not the petitioner anymore he is. BUT you can withdraw from the affidavit of support writing a letter to them and it will automatically deny his petition for permanent resident he will need to find someone else. Good Luck.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You can't remove yourself because you are not the petitioner anymore he is. BUT you can withdraw from the affidavit of support writing a letter to them and it will automatically deny his petition for permanent resident he will need to find someone else. Good Luck.

as a k1 entrant he cannot adjust through anyone else.

Just so you know, you need to withdraw the Affidvait of Support quickly, because he will most likely be approved for the greencard without an interview. So make an INFOPASS today and go tell them in person but also sent out the letter by mail, and bring one copy to the interview.

And know that they won't deport him, they will just deny his greencard. Most likely, he'll just stay here illegally like the millions of others. There's nothing more that you can do, except get him out of your life. If he harasses you or makes any kind of further contact, you should use law enforcement to protect yourself. And follow up on any charges he's got.

or just follow up on the DV case let him go to jail....there are many people in jail who have a nice way of welcoming woman beaters into the penal system

as a k1 entrant he cannot adjust through anyone else.

You are right but once AOS is sent the US Citizen cannot withdraw from AOS because they are no long petitioning for the immigrant. The immigrant is petitioning for himself after completeing the requirement to be eligible. (Getting married with in 90 days). As a matter of fact FEW cases are still approved during AOS if the Citizen is no long present ex: alive or even abuse wich they are automatically granted residency. My Ex came on a K1 and every time I called they needed permission from him to speak to me even though I 'brought' him here. I withdrew from the affidavit because it was the only contract I was technically in control of. Once I withdrew my ex received a text right away his AOS was denied then the letter that stated he has 30 days to leave the US an return to his country. Of course he didn't but at least I was free and clear.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

IMHO, you're placing your effort and energy in the wrong cause. You need, and dare I say must, worry about yourself first.

First, get out of your house if you're a victim of domestic abuse. Visit www.thehotline.org, or call 1−800−799−7233. They can help you.

Second, get a divorce and forget about this individual.

It's not your job to worry about his immigration status. The USCIS will deal with him, within the applicable law. That's their job.

Seek help, shelter and be safe.

Good luck.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.