Peung

What's the right and benefits shoud I ask for my baby? I am pregnant with US Marine

39 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm pregnant about 6-7 weeks, I am not a citizen and my boyfriend he is 40 year old, he is US Marine and he can't marry me and he said he doesn't want to marry me and have a life with me, he doest want a baby with him after I told him we're having a baby.
My point is is anyone know the right, benefits or whatever here for woman and baby that I shoud have? because I am pregnant here and with military. I worry about when a baby born, I don't have the money and he wouldn't help. which place, hospital, Association or foundation in this country will help me?? I want a baby to born, a good life here and still can see he father because If I go back to my country the baby will never know the father. So please if anyone can let me know what can I do pls massege me or give me a call REMOVED I'd appreciate all of you
Ps. I'm in US with J-visa

Moderator note: Please do not post personal information such as full names, case numbers, email addresses or phone numbers for your own privacy and security. Use the PM function to exchange contact details if you wish *****

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate thread removed~

~Please do not repeat posting same topic~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

It sounds like this man doesn't want to have children and isn't interested in supporting you or the child. The only repercussions you have right now is to talk to his CO (commanding officer) about the issue. But you don't have a right to stay in the USA just because you have a child here. Also he can prevent the child from moving back to Thailand with you if you have to go.

As for help on the costs, I am not sure so hopefully someone along can help you. What state are you in?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm pregnant about 6-7 weeks, I am not a citizen and my boyfriend he is 40 year old, he is US Marine and he can't marry me and he said he doesn't want to marry me and have a life with me, he doest want a baby with him after I told him we're having a baby.

My point is is anyone know the right, benefits or whatever here for woman and baby that I shoud have? because I am pregnant here and with military. I worry about when a baby born, I don't have the money and he wouldn't help. which place, hospital, Association or foundation in this country will help me?? I want a baby to born, a good life here and still can see he father because If I go back to my country the baby will never know the father. So please if anyone can let me know what can I do pls massege me or give me a call REMOVED I'd appreciate all of you

Moderator note: Please do not post personal information such as full names, case numbers, email addresses or phone numbers for your own privacy and security. Use the PM function to exchange contact details if you wish *****

What you should have is better judgment which is a " right ". The benefit would be avoiding these situations.

I don't know much about the military but NLR does so I would follow the advise. This should be done first. I think the Marines have an office that will help you. This isn't the first time a Marine has done this I am sure.

How long are you going to be in the USA legally?

You are going to need legal advise which the B F can pay for. Find a lawyer to ask about this case including legal fees. Nothing wrong with peoples suggestions about what you should do but you better make sure whatever you do revolves around the laws. Don't assume for example that the child will allow you to remain in the USA.

You must have a legal instrument ( court order ) that dictates what must be done in your hands before you return to Thailand. I hope that will include the childs support ect. Make sure you are clear on what will happen when this " Marine " doesn't pay.

This U S Marine is pathetic and a child himself. Expect the actions of a child not a man. He, for example already has a child so he doesn't get the choose again. He doesn't have to live with you but he does have to support his child and in some ways the mother of his child. Plan on living in Thailand with the assistance of the child support.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Your rights are to give birth to the child. You have no rights to make him be a father. You can go to the local child support office AFTER the child is born and file for child support. This will mean a DNA test and at least one court hearing. Once he is determined to legally be the father you will need his permission take the child out of the USA. The child gives you no rights to any benefits nor the right to remain in the USA. If you will continue to receive child support in your home country is up to the father, his chain of command, and the reciprocal laws of your home country.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You can contact his CO about him taking responsibility for the child. His CO can not tell him to do anything about your relationship.

The child gives you no right or path to stay in the US.

If he is determined to be the father, there is a possibility he will get custody since you have no means to stay after your J-1 expires.

You should really see a family and immigration lawyer.

Sorry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you want to stay then you need to find a route to do so, this is not it.

You might want to consider leaving before the birth, will get a lot more complicated if you do so in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wife works in emergency in Wisconsin, don't have the right to turn anyone down, how about an undocumented pregnant 14 year old girl. Regardless of the citizenship of the mother, any child born here is automatically a US citizen and eligible for full welfare benefits, including Medicaid.

If the father is a US citizen, the child has the right also to be a US citizen regardless of where its born, proof of father is required by DNA testing. Around here, they don't normally deport women who are mothers of US citizen children.

In Wisconsin at least, the father is responsible for child support payments, know of some cases where its 50% of his gross income. But if the father is dead broke, they leave them alone if this makes any sense. But 50 different states and 50 different sets of laws.

Place to start is at your local social service office, in regards to addressing the father, they will take care of that.

Was in the military and knew guys that didn't give a good damn about their own flesh and blood, just interested in getting a little as it was called. Really don't like guys like this. Of course, you are partially to blame, unless you were raped.

Timeline

There is DAPA, but that has an age cut off so would not help the OP.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

There is DAPA, but that has an age cut off so would not help the OP.

DAPA has lots of requirements. One is the person has to have been in the US continuously since 2010. Another is the person have no immigration status on Nov. 20, 2014.

OP has a J-1 visa so she had an immigration status on 11/20/14, so she does not qualify for DAPA.

Timeline

DAPA has lots of requirements. One is the person has to have been in the US continuously since 2010. Another is the person have no immigration status on Nov. 20, 2014.

OP has a J-1 visa so she had an immigration status on 11/20/14, so she does not qualify for DAPA.

I did say that, more in response to there being no option for parents of USC's.

Looking forward no doubt the dates will be moved as they have been for DACA, the situation is not going away.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks everyone for an advices. Now he say that he will responsible and do what he should do and he will pay for the baby $500 per month, Anyway it just the words...

If there's have a choices, I would like to the baby to be a citizen. I only have health insurance and it doesn't cover about pragnancy. I don't know if I can buy it. It is possible if I will change the visa to B-1 around April or May this year and I can stay in US ?? maybe2-3 months after the baby born, which probably until November or December

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

The other option you have at your disposal is to terminate the pregnancy. If you feel unprepared to be a mother or to raise you child in Thailand there is no reason you can't seek help and terminate it. It may not be an easy solution but it's a solution nonetheless.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.