12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Fiance arrived in May and we only had 3 months (90) days to marry. Things change, I fell that I had no feelings for him and he knew this before he came to Texas. I left my home 2 days before the expiration date on his visa which was July 6, 2014. He used without to communicate possibly with his 1 ex-wife who lives in Michigan and that is where I am told he is. I had waited so long for him to get approved and once he did it became a reality but things had changed by then. I realized and felt this was more of a convenience way (package to America) because of hiw behavior. He acted like a slave, working and working in my house, yet i told him to help but not to over do it and i do not know if he meant well or because he knew he was going to get something of it. My guess is that he had other plans after coming here, it is obvious he did because why Michigan. Also, I already send his 2nd marriage certificate to the Moroccan consulate. During his biographic 325 A, he only put 1 marriage who was P (American lady), then he met J (America woman) and married her too. He only reported to the one.

Obviously his plan was always to come to American no matter at what cost. His name is A, he is 32 age wise. He knew his plan all along, he knew his purpose was to stay here in American. I was told there was nothing I could do except report that we didn't get married and that's that. I guess he is planning on getting married to her although he cannot get visa.. Does anyone where where I can email his 2nd marriage certification to prove that he in fact did marry this American lady in Morocco.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from Introducing our Members to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits | 3 duplicate topics removed ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Post edited to remove personal information ******

From the blurb at the bottom of each VJ page:

VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Using the links at the bottom of the pages, report that you did not marry the K1 recipient and send in what ever evidence you have of his lies to immigration and his behavior that indicates fraud.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is not about caring what his plans are or were, it is about the unethical things he did. For example, he would call my own friends without me knowing. Going into my labtop (would stay at home by himself) and searching for my private affairs. Saying things he never meant and so forth, but it is useless to comment every single thing that made me change my mind, it is about doing the right thing. Anyhow, thank your for input...

Edited by rosettig

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Fiance arrived in May and we only had 3 months (90) days to marry. Things change, I fell that I had no feelings for him and he knew this before he came to Texas. I left my home 2 days before the expiration date on his visa which was July 6, 2014. He used without to communicate possibly with his 1 ex-wife who lives in Michigan and that is where I am told he is. I had waited so long for him to get approved and once he did it became a reality but things had changed by then. I realized and felt this was more of a convenience way (package to America) because of hiw behavior. He acted like a slave, working and working in my house, yet i told him to help but not to over do it and i do not know if he meant well or because he knew he was going to get something of it. My guess is that he had other plans after coming here, it is obvious he did because why Michigan. Also, I already send his 2nd marriage certificate to the Moroccan consulate. During his biographic 325 A, he only put 1 marriage who was P (American lady), then he met J (America woman) and married her too. He only reported to the one.

Obviously his plan was always to come to American no matter at what cost. His name is A, he is 32 age wise. He knew his plan all along, he knew his purpose was to stay here in American. I was told there was nothing I could do except report that we didn't get married and that's that. I guess he is planning on getting married to her although he cannot get visa.. Does anyone where where I can email his 2nd marriage certification to prove that he in fact did marry this American lady in Morocco.

Of course you only had 90 days and you knew that.

If you have no feelings for him then why did you allow him to move in with you ?

He acted like a slave ? Seriously ? Perhaps he just couldn't please you with anything ?

You seem very confused, you say you don't know, then you guess and in the next sentence it all swings to 'obvious'.

You knew he did not fill out the forms correctly a long time ago, why bother with it now when you passivley went along with it before ?

This is one of the most confusing "he scammed me posts" I have ever read.

Your story is full of holes.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Another troller

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

While what the OP wrote is not entirely clear it is apparent that she is somewhat distraught. I think her post shows a level of distress that shows she is not thinking clearly and is confused. Let's try to see, as a community how we can support her and not criticize her. Let's look at a few of the things in the story:

-

OP states that before he left his home country that she made him aware that her feelings for him had changed.. We would assume at that point already had a visa in his passport and would be likely able to use that to enter the USA. If his intent was simply to get a ticket to the USA then he was under no obligation to go to her place. So if we accept that OP is right an there is underlying fraud then we need to think what his intention was in order to best help OP.

-

That said clearly OP needs to report that she did not get married but she may want to put together a more compelling story to protect herself.

Further I would urge OP make sure that any such narrative that she writes be well organized and reviewed by one or more 'impartial' people so that she is able to present a factual account rather than an emotional one.

-

Not to scare the OP but is it possible that the reason he worked 'like a slave' and came to see you in the first place and looked thru your private stuff is because he was trying to build a case against you for domestic violence on emotional grounds?

-

Has he done anything that could be considered abusive to you? (Not advising you to make anything up but if there is anything legitimate report that to the police)

-

You say you left your home July 6th, two days before his Visa expired. BUT... that he entered in May. So we can assume that he had until July 6th to enter the USA and then until sometime in Aug to legally remain (3 months in which to marry you from his entry in May). This would all imply that he had time to spend in your house by himself for some period of time. Based on this I'd recommend you change locks, and change all of your passwords, Go to your banks and have new credit cards issued and sign up for a credit monitoring service for the next year. If he is as bad as you imply then you need to take concrete steps to protect yourself.

-

As far as he is concerned I'd suggest other than reporting to ICE that you did not marry him and that he is therefore in the USA illegally that you let the other stuff go.

-

As for his fate. I would not worry about it as long as he is not a threat to you. Maybe Karma will get him, maybe it won't. But you will remain a victim of his deceit as long as your continue to try to force Karma's hand. Protect yourself and move on and be Thankful that you didn't go thru with the wedding.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

How is she a victim of deceit if she lives with him in her house for several months KNOWING SHE HAD NO FEELINGS FOR HIM before he even came ?

Knowing she was not going to go through with a marriage though she wrote a letter of intent ? Why even let him in her house ?
That is an accomplice on paper and off paper.

Sick and tired of petitioners making bad choices and then blaming it all on the beneficiary and crying fraud over every damn thing.

Time to be accountable for her own actions and inform USCIS that she didn't get married and move on. Period. End of story.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For your own protection and peace of mind, since he did have unlimited access to a lot of your personal information and you really don't know what he was able or not able to access even if he didn't get your PIN, do follow up JE57's good advice to go to your bank and change all of your personal information - passwords, security, etc. You may even want to consider opening up a new account and transferring all of your funds there then closing out the ones he may have been able to access. Definitely change the locks (the locks can usually be tumbled and then re-keyed). Do a credit report with all 3 credit reporting agencies - if he had access to your SSN he may try to open accounts or obtain credit using that - and then consider putting a credit freeze on your credit which means he would not be able to use your identity or personal information to gain credit.

As Penguin noted, notify ICE about what has happened. You can also send the 2nd marriage certificate to USCIS - you could send it to the same address you submitted the I-129f petition and ask them to forward it to the proper location. (If some other member has a better address suggestion, I am sure they will post it). In your cover letter also detail what has happened and be sure to include his A number so they can match everything up to his file.

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I am sure, knowing then what you know now, you would have done things differently but, as they say, hindsight is 20/20.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Multiple post removed for being argumentative. Do not continue or further action will apply.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.