Welcome to VisaJourney!
New Member Guide Features
VisaJourney (VJ) is a friendly community dedicated to bringing people together during their US immigration journey. You'll find helpful information on US immigration topics such as Family Immigration (K1, K3, IR1 Visas), US Citizenship, DACA, the Diversity Lottery, US Visas and moving to America for other reasons (Work, Student Visas, etc).
We provide items such as Example
US Immigration Forms (I-129f, I-130, I-140, I-485, etc),
Immigration Guides, FAQs, Discussion Forums, and Immigration Timelines.
Again, welcome and we encourage you to Join the VisaJourney Community! Share your experiences and relax
-- you are not alone!
Today's Popular Immigration Discussions:
Recent Immigration Discussions:
|India PCC for Non-Indians with OCI
Read 0 Times
I am a Srilankan, who resides in India with the valid Overseas Citizenship of Indian status. AS per the below NVC guidelines I got the PCC from District Police Station of Chennai.
Obtain Indian Police Clearance Certificates as follows:
- All Indian nationals aged 16 and above, residing in India, should obtain police clearance certificates from the Regional Passport Office.
- Indian passport holders residing outside India should obtain a statement from their local Indian Embassy, Consulate, High Commission, or Deputy High Commission confirming they have no criminal record.
- Non-Indian applicants who reside in India and are Foreigner Regional Registration Ovvice (FRRO) registered should obtain police certificates from the FRRO serving their area of residence.
- Non-Indian applicants who reside in India and are not FRRO registered, such as foreigners holding Overseas Citizen of Indian status, should obtain police clearance certificates from the District Police Station serving their area of residence.
- Indian police certificates are not available for foreign (non-Indian) applicants residing outside India.
But NVC sent me checklist for PCC. I requested for supervisor review, each time I call they say supervisor requested your file and its under review.
Can any of you suggest me what I should do? Its almost 14days. Does it take such long for them to get my file and check it?
Is it better if I send a detailed letter with the documents attached again? I am so depressed. Please help me, guide me.. pray for me..
|Applying for SSN immediately before marriage (K1 Visa)
Read 40 Times
I've read several posts saying that it's better to apply for a social security number BEFORE getting married if you've entered on a K1 visa, as the officers issuing the SSN don't always understand how the visa works. That being said, we're hoping to get married as soon as possible and don't really want to wait until I receive an SSN. Would it be okay for us to apply for the SSN, and then get married before actually receiving it?
If not, we're probably going to just get married and then apply, and deal with the potential consequences.
Countries Posting TodayArgentina
, Dominican Republic
, South Africa
, South Korea
, Sri Lanka
, United Arab Emirates
, United Kingdom
Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!