2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello everyone, I joined visa journey the same after my fiancé was sent back to Jamaica by immmigration in ATL back in June and now i can finally say WE HAVE SUBMITTED OUR K1 VISA!!!!!(Nov 29,2016) Even though its not december just yet i really wanted to start is forum cause it really has been a journey. if there are any december filers please feel free to join.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline

Was she banned? And if she was , I am certain this will affect the k1 application

yes she was our lawyer is going to submit a wavier to lift the along with her k1 so after she finishes the interview portion it will be in the system.

Was she here on a visitor's visa before they sent her back? The only reason why I asked is because I kinda have a similar situation happen to my fiance and I last week.

He received his visitor's visa in October and on 11/21 flew into Orlando airport to first visit his sick uncle and cousin, and then was supposed to fly from Orlando airport on 11/23 to Philly airport to spend the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday with me. (Matter of fact, he was supposed to go back home to Jamaica tomorrow 12/4). Orlando customs questioned him from 7pm until the next day before they decided to cancel his visa and put him on a flight back to Jamaica because they claimed that they didn't believe he was just coming to see me. Orlando Customs told him he'said banned for applying for a visitor's visa, and that I should just do the k1.

Would I have to file the waiver when I file the k1 visa application (filing in February/March) since he was sent back home like your fiance?

I apologize for writing so much in your thread you created.

Congratulations to you both & Good luck!

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Timeline

Was she here on a visitor's visa before they sent her back? The only reason why I asked is because I kinda have a similar situation happen to my fiance and I last week.

He received his visitor's visa in October and on 11/21 flew into Orlando airport to first visit his sick uncle and cousin, and then was supposed to fly from Orlando airport on 11/23 to Philly airport to spend the rest of the Thanksgiving holiday with me. (Matter of fact, he was supposed to go back home to Jamaica tomorrow 12/4). Orlando customs questioned him from 7pm until the next day before they decided to cancel his visa and put him on a flight back to Jamaica because they claimed that they didn't believe he was just coming to see me. Orlando Customs told him he'said banned for applying for a visitor's visa, and that I should just do the k1.

Would I have to file the waiver when I file the k1 visa application (filing in February/March) since he was sent back home like your fiance?

Orlando airport is becoming very known now a days for cancelling visas and sending people back. Also searching phones to check conversations making sure visitors are coming for the right reasons like B1/B2 they want to make sure there not coming to work or have any intentions to tun off. I have two cousins that cam too Orlando to stay with my family there both got questioned very hard phones got searched one got there visa cancelled and the other one didn't. (Both did not happen on the same day) Both coming from Jamaica. One of my cousins said a guy who was in the line with her got his visa cancelled and sent back because he had a text that told his lover " I can't wait to be you". It seems as if customs is really cracking down especially in florida because Miami airport is no joke either.

(L) God please bless us all (L)

I-129F K1 VISA SERVICE CENTER CALIFORNIA

09/22/2016 I-129F SENT (1 DAY)

09/26/2016 RECEIVED (4 DAYS)

09/27/2016 CHECK CASHED (5 DAYS)

09/28/2016 TEXT AND EMAIL NOTIFICATION (6 DAYS)

10/03/2016 NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED (11 DAYS)

10/31/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION (41 DAYS)

11/04/2016 RFE RECEIVED HARD COPY(45 DAYS)

11/05/2016 RFE MAILED CSC (46 DAYS)

11/07/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (48 DAYS)

11/14/2016 NOA2 NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (54 DAYS)

11/19/2016 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED (59 DAYS)

12/09/2016 NVC RECEIVED CASE (79 DAYS)

12/12/2016 NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED (82 DAYS)

01/14/2017 NVC SENT CASE TO EMBASSY

01/21/2016 EMBASSY RECEIVES CASE

01/24/2017 CEAC READY

02/19/2017 MEDICAL APPT

02/28/2017 1ST INTERVIEW  

03/16/2017  2ND INTERVIEW   APPROVED

OMG....everything that happened to your cousins happened to my fiance. He had gotten approved for the visitors visa because I told him I wanted him to come here and see what it's like before we plan to get married. I live in Delaware so this time of year would have been perfect for him to get a taste of our cold weather and I wanted him to meet my son in person (they've talked via video & text via what's app).

He went through everything that they did. Went through his phone, called me and after I told him the purpose of his travels which was the same thing he told them, they said we were lying.Told him if he doesn't tell the truth they would take my citizenship away (which they can't because I was born in this country) and lock him up for 5 years. They treated him like a criminal locking him up in Orange County Jail, fingerprinted him, mugshot, and made him perform the cough test naked making sure he had no drugs. Mind you, he has NEVER BEEN arrested ANYWHERE and does not have a criminal record in JAMAICA. Next morning, they cancelled his visa and put him back on the plane. All he was trying to was see his sick uncle in Orlando first and then fly to me for the rest of the trip, matter of fact he was supposed togo home today. 3 tickets totalling 728.00 I paid, I only got reimbursed the one which I used to fly and be with him the rest of Thanksgiving weekend.

So, we will be doing the k1 visa from this point and I pray that this unfortunate incident doesn't affect our outcome.

I apologize for typing so much, kinda needed to vent because it's been very emotional and hurtful for us this week.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline

OMG....everything that happened to your cousins happened to my fiance. He had gotten approved for the visitors visa because I told him I wanted him to come here and see what it's like before we plan to get married. I live in Delaware so this time of year would have been perfect for him to get a taste of our cold weather and I wanted him to meet my son in person (they've talked via video & text via what's app).

He went through everything that they did. Went through his phone, called me and after I told him the purpose of his travels which was the same thing he told them, they said we were lying.Told him if he doesn't tell the truth they would take my citizenship away (which they can't because I was born in this country) and lock him up for 5 years. They treated him like a criminal locking him up in Orange County Jail, fingerprinted him, mugshot, and made him perform the cough test naked making sure he had no drugs. Mind you, he has NEVER BEEN arrested ANYWHERE and does not have a criminal record in JAMAICA. Next morning, they cancelled his visa and put him back on the plane. All he was trying to was see his sick uncle in Orlando first and then fly to me for the rest of the trip, matter of fact he was supposed togo home today. 3 tickets totalling 728.00 I paid, I only got reimbursed the one which I used to fly and be with him the rest of Thanksgiving weekend.

So, we will be doing the k1 visa from this point and I pray that this unfortunate incident doesn't affect our outcome.

I apologize for typing so much, kinda needed to vent because it's been very emotional and hurtful for us this week.

You don't have to apologize, I totally understand your frustration and I would feel the same way. Some of these immigration/ customs office can be very insensitive and really inconsiderate. Especially if they have proof and still treat you as a criminal which has been known to happen. But, on the other hand they can turn him back with the K1 visa and if you live in Philly he won't get any problems coming through that airport. Just pray and everything will be ok!

(L) God please bless us all (L)

I-129F K1 VISA SERVICE CENTER CALIFORNIA

09/22/2016 I-129F SENT (1 DAY)

09/26/2016 RECEIVED (4 DAYS)

09/27/2016 CHECK CASHED (5 DAYS)

09/28/2016 TEXT AND EMAIL NOTIFICATION (6 DAYS)

10/03/2016 NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED (11 DAYS)

10/31/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION (41 DAYS)

11/04/2016 RFE RECEIVED HARD COPY(45 DAYS)

11/05/2016 RFE MAILED CSC (46 DAYS)

11/07/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (48 DAYS)

11/14/2016 NOA2 NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (54 DAYS)

11/19/2016 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED (59 DAYS)

12/09/2016 NVC RECEIVED CASE (79 DAYS)

12/12/2016 NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED (82 DAYS)

01/14/2017 NVC SENT CASE TO EMBASSY

01/21/2016 EMBASSY RECEIVES CASE

01/24/2017 CEAC READY

02/19/2017 MEDICAL APPT

02/28/2017 1ST INTERVIEW  

03/16/2017  2ND INTERVIEW   APPROVED

You don't have to apologize, I totally understand your frustration and I would feel the same way. Some of these immigration/ customs office can be very insensitive and really inconsiderate. Especially if they have proof and still treat you as a criminal which has been known to happen. But, on the other hand they can turn him back with the K1 visa and if you live in Philly he won't get any problems coming through that airport. Just pray and everything will be ok!

They can or can't turn him back with a K1 visa?

Also, I see from your profile that you're from New York, so am I!!!

Thanks for responding back & good luck with your journey!

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, we just got done assembling our I-129F petition. Tomorrow I'm gonna send it thru Fedex. We're so excited. Our packet looks like this yey ???

Timeline

Hello, we just got done assembling our I-129F petition. Tomorrow I'm gonna send it thru Fedex. We're so excited. Our packet looks like this yey ???

post-234544-0-26695400-1480919376_thumb.jpg

Timeline

My Fiance used Fedex 2day AM delivery, using Small Pak, weight 3.0lbs. $26.09, in just one day, they already delivered our packet yey. I'm so happy , they sent it one day earlier. I so love Fedex ??

Timeline

Hello and welcome sorry to hear about your situation k know exactly how you feel but just know that things will get better my fiancé and I filed for a k1 visa our told is it would be denied because of the ban on her visa but while we file for the k1 we are also going to file a 601 waiver hopeful it will be in the system by the time she does her interview I have seen a lot of people on here doing it themselves but too be on the safe side we hired a lawyer.

Timeline

CONGRATS now let's wait and see what happens next I pray and hope our packages gets recived and process fast!!???

Edited by amillimo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.