mynewlife

Need K-1 for my 15 yrs younger fiance. Does age difference matter?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have been married for last 20 yrs. 10 yrs later our marriage fell apart but we decided to stay for kids. Now we just got divorce finally. Kids are grown up already. Can I apply k1- fiance visa for my fiance overseas. But he is 15 yrs younger to me. It sounds very weired but yeah we met online and he looked much mature to me and I look young I guess. We both did not realize the age difference and fell in love. Can I apply k1 visa for him? would immigration question big for the age gap? I have met him 4 times already and its been 4 years since we are in love. There is no age gap when we meet, we dont' feel that at all. Would that matter to immigration?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Many people have age gaps. You can follow the guides and go ahead and file since you've met in the past 2 years. Gather your evidence and all your paperwork and go for it!

Depending on what embassy, it could be a red flag if the native culture does not support it, but an age gap just in itself is not an issue.

Best wishes!

Edited by FN&KO

Our Journey:
04/19/2014- Met online
10/2014- Visited Nigeria and he proposed!!!! 
02/28/2015- Sent I-129F petition
03/05/2015- NOA1
09/2015- Visited Nigeria again!!!
10/28/2015- NOA2 (237 day wait at TSC)
11/13/2015- Sent to NVC
11/27/2015- Arrived at Embassy
06/2016- Third visit to Nigeria!
06/15/2016- Interview, given option to file I-601 waiver.
08/16/2016- Waiver submitted (no lawyer).
11/21/2016- Waiver approved with expedite.
01/2017- Embassy requested interview. 
04/2017- Fourth visit to Nigeria.  K1 officially denied. 
04/25/2017- NOA1 for 2nd K1.
07/27/2017- Case transferred to TSC.
11/17/2017- Case transferred back to CSC.
01/16/2018- NOA2!! (266 day wait)
03/08/2018- Interview (AP)
05/03/2018- VISA APPROVAL!!!
05/14/2018- Visa issued
05/18/2018- Visa picked up
05/25/2018- HE'S HOME!!! 💙💙💙

God has given me a great knowledgebase through research and other members here on VJ.  Please do not hesitate to reach out if I can be of any assistance to you! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have been married for last 20 yrs. 10 yrs later our marriage fell apart but we decided to stay for kids. Now we just got divorce finally. Kids are grown up already. Can I apply k1- fiance visa for my fiance overseas. But he is 15 yrs younger to me. It sounds very weired but yeah we met online and he looked much mature to me and I look young I guess. We both did not realize the age difference and fell in love. Can I apply k1 visa for him? would immigration question big for the age gap? I have met him 4 times already and its been 4 years since we are in love. There is no age gap when we meet, we dont' feel that at all. Would that matter to immigration?

I know you said you have seen him 4 times in 4 year, but....

Just make sure you and him have spent time together within the last 2 years before filing a K1 visa.

Best wishes on your journey.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Long as you and he are free to marry yes you can file a K1. It's not about the age gap its about you showing proof you are in a bonafide relationship. Long visits, living together helps that. Nothing is better than face time together.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You don't need to explain anything to anyone except consulate at interview only if he/she brings it up. You can start the process asap and gather evidence for a bonafide relationship. Age is just a number. Good luck with the process.

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.