dwheels76

October 2015 Interviews

1,716 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to the New and Improved Case Complete to Interview Monthly thread.

The list that has been updated has now been moved to a spreadsheet like the one used in the NVC filers thread, I am still updating. But right right all you waiting for interviews are listed.

You can view my spreadsheet Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet

To update your interview date go here. Case Complete to Interview Form

For New people to the thread please go Case Complete to Interview Form and input your information in the form and it will be added to the form.

Everyone should be clicking on the Portal tab to visit the information for their country. If nothing is there or information needs updating. Update or add.

Its up to all of us to keep this information current, relevant and helpful to others.

Special Note: Different consulates or embassies have strict guidelines as to what type of bags/purses/cellphones etc can be carried in. And whether they provide any lockers (or not) for temp storage. As many travel from far away (by air/train/cars, one needs to specially know what they will not be able to take inside the consulate and where to store their personal belongings.

Here are some FAQ and other tidbits that may be useful to you. Be sure to visit your countries portal and click on the Consular Information and also Consular reviews.

FAQ

I just called and got Case Complete how long does it take to get the email as confirmation?
Well it has been taking 5 to 7 days to get case complete email from the date they Case Complete.

How long after Case Complete will I get an interview?
Okay this is the BIG mystery of NVC. How it usually goes is end of the month and first week of month they start scheduling for interviews for the that upcoming month. Since January they have been pretty consistent starting about the last 2 days of the month and finishing that following first week of next month

Do I have to call for my interview date?
NVC has improved greatly since March. The interview letter now comes day of schedule. So call if you want its up to you.

I know someone who got interview in the middle of the month. How is that possible?
Usually when you see someone pop up with an interview outside the bunch its usually the result of a cancellation or the embassy opening up a slot. Just because scheduling stops doesn't mean they filled up all slots. They may have more slots than appointments which is good. So someone gets case complete and immediately they get an interview. It happens.

Remember every embassy has its own slots and schedule. Some like El Salvador are very busy with a long waiting list. Some like Yemen, well it may be a few months to get in. Iceland you get interview immediately scheduled after case Complete.

I need to change our interview date what do I do?
Once you receive your interview date track your casefile. Call NVC ask when your casefile left than you can follow the DHL instructions to embassy. The contact your embassy (email is best) and ask to be rescheduled later, earlier just ask.

What do I need to bring to interview?
When you receive your P4 Letter (Interview letter) it will have your personalized checklist of things to bring or not. It has been suggested because things have been lost between NVC and embassy to bring everything (Originals) to the interview so if they don't have at embassy you aren't delayed.It's up to you. It doesn't happen much but it does happen.

Just to remind everyone to revisit the NVC Process Wiki, NVC Process Wiki

Important things fir Interview prep:
-How to Track Your Case Using DHL (use this to figure out what date you need)
-How to Track Your Case Using DHL (use this to figure out how to use the DHL site and input everything)

-General Medical Information
-Country-Specific Medical Information (choose three letter embassy/consulate code from drop-down list)
-Vaccination Requirements: http://www.uscis.gov...on-requirements (choose age first at top of page)

-Country-Specific Interview Information (choose three letter embassy/consulate code from drop-down list)
-Sample List of Interview Questions
-Thread of Proof of Relationship Evidence Ideas
-Ideas on How to Organize Your Interview Documents

Thanks to Fabian&Ross for spelling this all out. Once you get the interview letter reference this.

You must bring the following items to the visa interview:

1. Any original documents the NVC requested that you did not submit (refer to the document list below)
  2. If the physician gives you your medical exam results, bring them to your interview in the envelope sealed by the medical office.
  3. Two passport photographs measuring 2 inches by 2 inches (5 cm by 5 cm) with a white background
  4. A valid unexpired passport
  5. Photocopies of all civil documents
  6. A new police certificate from your current country of residence, if you obtained the police certificate more than one year ago.
  7. Any additional documents listed in the U.S. Embassy or Consulate specific interview guidelines

The following table lists the documents requested by the NVC and whether or not you submitted them to the
NVC. Please note that even though you may have provided the NVC with a copy of a document, you are
still required to bring the original document to the visa interview.

Refer to the Document Status Code Definitions (see key below) to determine the meaning of the document status codes.

Document Status Code Definitions:

• 2 - The NVC did not receive this document. Go to http://nvc.state.gov/documents for a list of required documents. You must present the original document at the time of your interview.
  • A - Obtain the original or a certified copy of this document and present it at your interview
  • C - You must bring this entire interview letter to your interview
  • D - The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
  • F - The NVC did not request this form or document
  • G - You withdrew your I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver, with USCIS
  • H - You must obtain two passport photographs of yourself and present them at your interview
  • I - This form is incomplete. You must present a completed form at your interview.
  • J - The NVC only received a photocopy of the document. You must present the original document at the time of your interview.
  • O - The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
  • P - You must request this police certificate from the issuing authority. After you submit your request, the issuing authority will send the certificate directly to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for your interview.
  • Q - View this website: http://www.uscis.gov...ce-field-office
  • R - You submitted the Immigrant Visa Application online
  • S - The NVC only received a scanned document. You must present the original document at the time of your interview.
  • T - You must present an English translation of this document at the time of your interview
  • U - You indicated this document was unavailable. The consular officer will decide whether to waive the requirement for this document at your interview.
  • V - View the website at http://havana.usint.gov/cfrp.html for English or http://spanish.havan...t.gov/cfrp.html for Spanish and follow the instructions.
  • X - This document is unobtainable
  • Y - The NVC sent this form or document to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate
  • $ - Payment received
  • + - The NVC returned this document to you per your request. Present this document at your interview.

Thank you Dragi (L)

For those who want to request an earlier interview date here is a template written up by our own TeaCup.
Thank you TeaCup for the Template on how to notify the embassy
Petitioners Name
Petitioners Date of birth
Beneficiarys Name
Beneficiarys Date of birth

NVC Case #

To whom it may concern,

My name is *********
I am writing to you in order to request an earlier interview. I have originally been scheduled for an Immigrant interview at (name of embassy and give date)
I have completed the required medical exam and I have all the necessary documents necessary for the interview and I am ready.
If it is at all possible for an earlier interview date to be scheduled for me it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Sincerely.

Address & Phone Number

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

If there's anything of value you would think will help the betterment of all and you feel it should be added please let me know. I want this thread and the spreadsheets to help everyone in this Journey. :goofy:

Canada: LOOMIS Delivers your VISA after interview. Be sure to check your forum for Loomis Delivery information or your country portal.

Jamaica: DHL delivers your VISA after Interview. Check your country portal for information

India: You must register after you get your P4 letter for your Biometrics appointment online.Please check your embassy for more information.

********************************************************************************************************************************

STATUS Explanation On CEAC.GOV.

Just a little "fine tuning" after "AT NVC"...

"IN TRANSIT" means that NVC has entered your packet into the DHL system. Your status will stay "IN TRANSIT" while your packet is still physically at NVC, even though it has been entered into the DHL system (sometimes 24-48 hours), and during the time your packet is moving through the DHL system.

Your status will not turn to "READY" until the Embassy/Consulate has received your packet from DHL and physically scanned it into THEIR system. So...your packet could physically be at the Embassy/Consulate's mail site (often the mail site is a different building from the actual Embassy), and DHL could say the packet has been delivered, but until the Embassy/Consulate logs it in, it will still be "IN TRANSIT".

The case officers/consulate officers at the Embassy/Consulate will not know anything about your packet until your status changes to "READY". That is why, if you are trying to shift your interview date, you must not contact your Embassy/Consulate until the status is "READY". Until them, you are not in their system and they cannot "see" you.

In some Embassy/Consulates, there is a lag time between the interview approval and the time the visa foil (the page that is glued into your passport) is printed. During this time, your status is "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING". Until the visa foil is physically printed and glued into your passport, you will not see "ISSUED".

You thank you for this BY: Sukie in NY
Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My Bday is 21st Oct, I wish I get a Interview date first week of OCT so I can be with my hubby on my bday, atleast before it ends in US :)

Edited by SiVin
18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My interview is on 9/16

But the only available doctor appointment is on 9/18, so i have to book for 9/18

What will happen at the interview ?

Anyone knows ?

Thanks

USCIS

6/3/2014 - I-130 Sent   6/10/2014 - Received NOA1   7/10/2014 - Received NOA2    11/10/2014 - Called USCIS for status

12/10/2014 - Result back with case pending due to Security Check    1/10/2015 - Called USCIS for status

2/10/2015 - Result back with case pending adjudication further review

3/31/2015 - Case approved by USCIS and forwarded to NVC

NVC

4/10/215 - NVC assigned with receipt case #    4/28/2015 - Completed DS261 Choice of Agent online

5/4/2015 - Called NVC to complete review DS261 by phone  

6/4/2015 - Sent both AOS and IV packages to NVC    6/8/2015 - Received IV fee notice     6/9/2015 - Paid IV fee

6/24/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page      6/28/2015 - Mailed in checklist request

7/6/2015 - Completed IV application (DS260) online

7/8/2015 - Received checklist for missing Data Passport Page again and DS260 because NVC lost the package

7/10/2015 - Mailed in checklist request again       8/10/2015 - Case completed on phone with NVC

8/17/2015 - Received email confirmation for case completed

EMBASSY

8/26/2016 - Scheduled interview      8/27/2015 - Received P4 letter thru email     9/14/2014 - Medical Exam Done

9/16/2015 - Interview date- Passed but waiting for Medical exam Results

9/24/2015 - Medical exam results sent to US Embassy

9/29/2015 - CEAC visa status show " Issued "     10/1/2015 - Visa in hand      10/12/2015 - POE Los Angeles, California

LIFTING CONDITION

7/13/2017 - Sent in ROC application      7/17/2017 - Received NOA

7/21/2017 - Received Appointment notice for Biometrics     8/7/2017   - Biometrics taken

3/5/2018   - Case moved to local office          9/18/2018 - Case tranferred to Nebraska Service Center 

12/19/2018 - Case approved, Card being produced         12/20/2018 - Card received

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

100 DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS ............. the magic number ............. its September already .............. so its not possible for any September interviews or as its already started so there is no hope for that!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...................

NVC should start scheduling #CAIRO EMBASSY CR1 CASSES ............. they haven't done that for almost 4 months now ............ all of them needs an ice bucket challenge and um the one who will do the buckets happily

:protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest: COOOOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

SiVin, When is your Case Complete?

July 29th.. still no interview

My interview is on 9/16

But the only available doctor appointment is on 9/18, so i have to book for 9/18

Anyone knows ?

Thanks

Check if there is any other hospitals where u can do medical, normally they will have more than one hospital list out in the consulate website. It might be in different city.

Else u can send out an email to the embassy and ask for a later interview date. Give a call to them. Dont wait.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hope to get it soon :crying::crying::crying::crying:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Egypt

Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-25

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :2014-09-16

I-130 Approved : 27-2-2015 (168 days)

case was sent to nvc 9 march 2015 :clock:

case received at nvc 20 march 2015

case number by phone 23 march 2015

pay AOS bill : 25 march 2015

pay IV bill : 25 march 2015

Submit DS-26 : 25 march 2015

Submit DS-260: 8 April 2015

Send AOS Package : 10 April 2015

Send IV Package : 10 April 2015
package received and scan date : 17 April 2015 :clock::clock::clock:
case complete by phone 15 may 2015 (27 days) :idea::idea::idea::idea:
interview scheduled 11 September :jest::jest::jest:

medical exam 13 September :cry::cry::cry::cry:

interview date October 22 (approved alhamdolellha ) :idea::idea::dancing::dancing:

visa in hand October 27

Date of US Entry : october 30

Wow can't believe how long people in Egypt are waiting for interviews!!!!! Crazy.

Case completed was today :) so really hoping for an interview early to mid-October. Crossing my fingers for everyone!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My interview is on 9/16

Anyone knows ?

Thanks

I suggest you to contact the embassy and ask them..

Edited by fridaab

USCIS

12/01/14: NOA1

04/16/15: NOA2

NVC

05/01/15: NVC received the case

05/13/15: Case number assigned and IIN

05/28/15: SCAN DATE, IV and AOS package

06/02/15: DS-261 available and completed

06/08/15: AOS bill available and paid

06/23/15: SECOND SCAN DATE (checklist for new i864 form)

07/05/15: IV bill available and paid

07/08/15: DS-260 Available and completed

07/17/15 Case Complete

EMBASSY STAGE

07/15/15: Medical examination

09/02/15: Interview (Changed from 09/23/15) approved (L)

09/10/15: Visa in hand

09/12/15: POE, Los Angeles

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wow can't believe how long people in Egypt are waiting for interviews!!!!! Crazy.

Case completed was today :) so really hoping for an interview early to mid-October. Crossing my fingers for everyone!!!

yup its even more than crazy .............. i dunno bout australia but u might get october interview its kinda fast usually ........... just wish for every body to finish with this process fast and smoothly ............. cuz for some ppl its becoming anything but fun anymore escpecially if u have to wait for so long

check out dwheels case sheet u might figure out how long it takes in australia for an interview

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xbLl_8yDgHLeDaLnTrPdYc44J0sjPSFfYCKxlKx6uTY/edit#gid=0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Welcome everyone. My cc is August 5th. Let's go GHANA!!! ??? ???

Married: 2013: 2013-12-28

USCISI-130 sent: 2014-10-30(Nebraska)

I-130 NO1: 2014-11-06

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-01

USCIS mailed: 2015-04-10

NVC RECEIVED :2015-04-16

Case # Assigned: 2015-04-22

Received DS-261: 2015-04-22

Submitted Ds-261: 2015-04-22

AOS Bill Invoiced: 2015-04-23

AOS Bill Paid: 2015-04-23

Submit AOS and IV packages: 2015-04-25

Scan dates for both packages: 2015-04-27

Ds-261 Reviewed over the phone: 2015-05-01 (9 days after submission)

IV Bill invoiced: 2015-05-04

IV Bill paid: 2015-05-08

AOS checklist received by NVC: 2015-06-19

IV Bill online paid again:: double payment but will get me through ds-260 ( email request for refund will be sent soon) 2015-06-21

IV Bill shows as paid: 2015-06-23

IV Application DS-260 FINALLY SUBMITTED: 2015-06-24

(I guess scan date is 2015-06-24)Hopefully, a shorter wait to case complete.

CASE COMPLETE !!! August 5th 2015

Interview date ***finally. November 10th, 2015

Interview Results: APPROVED! Less than 5 minutes. Glory to God.

POE: .....JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.