wilfried

spend less than a month with wife and things went bad

58 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Dear VJ members, this is my story. i came here to stay with my wife. i received a conditional 2 years green card. when i landed here my wife welcome me at the airport. my first week we spend that together with her family before move to our appartement. everything went good for the first two weeks. but because of certains jod related conditions my wife has to move to another city. we made an aggreement that i should remain in the house with kids. but her family disagree with our decision according of what she said to me. the family said i was a stranger so it was not safe for the kids to stay with me. i try to resist but she convince me to step out of the house and ask for a temporal accomodation in my sister house. really i was completly blind. i thought that this will be just for a short time. when she first move to the new city, our communication was good. she never permitted me to visit her, pretending that she is still living with friend and that i should wait until she get an appartment for herself. i waited all those time until she finaly get an appartment. now come the time to talk about relocation. she will always show zero interest for we to put our selves together. for more than a year she only gave me the opportunity to visit her once. looking at this whole situation, i decided to involve a councellor and i notify her on my intention to do that. big surprise there is a morning that i went into my mail box and i find that she sent me a letter. it was a letter in which she told me that she is sorry for all the hardship she gave me. she mentioned in that letter that she recognise that she never give me the opportunity to be in the relation and that she pray for me to find happiness.

the letter was all about letting me know that she has no feeling for me anymore. how that happen so soon, i was so surprise but i guess somehow that her family may be did not like me and they influence on her decision. but i never had any kind of dispute with her family. she finaly ask for divorce and did not oppose. i really did not oppose because she told me that it is better for us to divorce, and to give herself some more time and may be she can reconsider getting marriage with me again. now we are divorce. i still love her and i still believe that she will come back to me. i have to remove condition on my green card. i have only somes pictures that we made together during the little time we lived together.

please VJ members what are my chance to get approuve for my green card. to remove condition i only send those pictures and the letter she send to me to the immigration thank you for your time

in my opinion you have the letter she send you that she no longer love you, so that's clear evidence that you are not at fault and you enter the marriage with got faith. So my guess is you will get your green card. Best of luck God bless. That's on the good side of the Uscis but if it was a business and the letter is all apart of the plans be carful. Edited by Shacanus

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Since you are still on speaking terms with your ex ask her if she can think of anything that will show you entered into the marriage

as a bona fide couple and if she has any co mingled accounts. As it stands right now your chance is very slim.

Consult a good immigration attorney, many offer a free consultation.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Timeline

Nothing tried, nothing done...I say its not very likely for an approval

with just this letter & a few pics...you have proof of counseling you took

her to add that, the short time you lived together were U on the lease, or

accounts opened together? these are things needed, also get letters

stating you were a married couple at some point...All this is no guarantee

but you can try....If she may remarry you why did she not stay with you

IO will think this seemingly was a marriage for GC benefit & her family was

not down with the idea or the fact you were being left in the home with her

kids.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If he has her divorce him, and with that letter... it would be easy to file for ROC on his own without her... wouldnt it?

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

thank you all for your comments, at this point i dont have any thing like joint bank statement, lease showing both our names. i did not have opportunity to file tax return with her. now i will consult with an attorney. can someone here help me to find a good attorney in austin texas? thank you again for your time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you didn't file taxes with her, how did you file?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

I would include the letter, divorce certificate etc. Basically anything you have, in all reality you just have to prove you entered into a bonafide marriage and it wasn't marriage fraud. I would get affidavit's from friends anything to gather as much information as possible.

Why did you file taxes separately? It's a huge benefit to file jointly and she would have had to file as well. Do either of you have a really high income? This seems really odd to do.

Personally, I was going through a tough time with my wife. My legal team brought in one of the immigration lawyers and I asked if she would have to return etc. Technically no, I signed the I-864 and all she has to prove is that she entered the marriage without fraud. It's a little bit of work but it can be done. He advised its easier than most think. We didn't have anything together and he still said it doesn't matter. As long as it wasn't fraud she can stay with the right legal team.

As for a lawyer, I would google austin texas and immigration attorney. I'm sure there is plenty in that town that have experience with similar issues. Legal fee's will be worth it in the long run.

Filled AOS/AP/EAD: 2014-04-09

Biometrics: 2014-05-08

AOS approved for interview: 2014-06-24

AOS Interview: 2014-07-30, Approved.

GC received: 2014-08-11
ROC Sent: 2016-04-29

ROC packet received at California Service Center: 05-02-16

NOA1 (Received 05-13-16): Letter dated 05-02-16
ROC Biometrics: 2016-06-02

Filed for Re-entry permit: 2016-06-03

Re-entry permit biometrics: 2016-07-14

Re-entry permit approved: 2016-12-07
Re-entry permit received: 2016-12-10, Only got 6 month re-entry permit????
ROC Approved: 2017-02-09

Filed: Timeline

First, not to play "Can you top this," but my wife and I moved in together for the first time on July 31, and on August 1 she told me "You have to leave."

As to your case, you really haven't presented the story of the marriage - only the breakup. The question is whether at the time you married her, you had a good faith intention to enter into a bona fide marital relationship.

If you didn't live together for that long - why? If you didn't comingle finances - why? If you didn't see each other or travel together or attend social or civic functions together - why?

My wife was the CPR, but hypoethically, in our case, if I had been, I might have said "We didn't comingle our finances because we were in different countries and had different currencies, but I gave her credit cards in my name to use and I paid them, I named her as the beneficiary on my insurance and retirement plans, and when I moved to her country, I wanted to open a joint account for our paychecks but she refused to let me." I would be showing that I did everything I could to comingle finances.

You will have a fairly significant presumption to overcome, but it's doable I think.

Filed: Other Timeline

Oh lawd of mercy, :angry::angry: Guys on here are so wrong with their replies its just sad. There was a case were two students were living in different states and have absolutely no evidence to show for their ROC. When they filed for it they received a RFE but they still had no evidence to show for so their case was transferred for an interview in which they explained their situation to the IO and the IO was satisfied with their story and they were approved. I am so disappointed with one person who mentioned for the OP to return back to his country :huh2:.

My two cent: get letters/affidavit from family or friends attesting that your marriage was real and that they can show up in person to attest that. A detailed letter explaining your situation, photos, email or text messages exchanged between you and her or anything, I mean anything at your disposal.

People on here are mostly..... :dancing::bonk:

Good luck, and I am sure you'll get approved. :thumbs::D

Edited by ydu1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you filed taxes as single ( as opposed to "married, filing seperately"), that will be an issue because you lied to the IRS.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.