Cristin

November 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Here is my response letter if you want to take bits and pieces from it :)

Senator Nelson,

I appreciate the timely correspondence from your office on my file. Thank you for including the letter back from CSC. Unfortunately my case is at TSC. The included response stated,

"If the petition had been receipted into the California Service Center on that date, (Nov. 28) the processing time would be five months from the receipt date of the petition into CSC. It appears that there is a one month difference between the TSC and CSC processing times.”

Unfortunately this is not true. TSC as of now is running 7 months behind. They have a processing date of June 6., this means they may get to my file around 7 months. Once they have the file on someone’s desk, it could be an extra month till approval. Once approved, it takes another month or two to send to the NCS then a month to receive at the US Embassy in Dublin. Once it’s there you have to wait to obtain a medical appointment then an appointment with the embassy.

People that have submitted on the same date at CSC are already receiving their embassy packets. (www.visajourney.com)

So realistically this process can take about a year.

This is not something that is only for K1 visas, it is the entire processing center. I work at a college and because we are in the State of Florida, even our students are frustrated. They are stuck waiting on visas also so they will be able to go home and see their families on school breaks. Many of them have to stay during the holidays because TSC is so slow at responding.

This effects everyone that has applied for a visa from your state.

I am not asking you to advocate for my case, as I understand things take time and there are processes to follow. What I am asking is that you question the processing times of the service centers.

Unfortunately, to the people of Florida, there is zero transparency and the only available avenue to find out why this issue hasn’t been addressed is our amazing people in office that are there because we believe in them.

In the end, I’m asking to find a way to help TSC, they either need more people or a transfer of files to the other service centers so they are able to go back to processing files in the allotted timeframe.

I have started a petition to do just that and am hoping that I can get enough signatures so USCIS can understand that instead of leaving the system broken, we, people all over the United States are asking them to find a way to make a change, thus making a difference in US Citizens lives.

I would be honored if you joined in our fight to make things equal for all visa seekers. Please sign the petition below and I look forward to working together to make a difference.

https://www.change.org/p/uscis-distribute-the-current-caseload-between-tsc-csc-vsc-and-nsc

Sincerely,

Kristin

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here's mine! I am big on the statistics.. haha. Mostly because they are mind blowing and incredibly upsetting. Thanks to Kristin for sharing her response with me and letting me use it! I responded to the email I received on Thursday from the immigration caseworker who works with Congressman Jim Langevin of Rhode Island.

Ms. Costa,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding my letter to Mr. Langevin! Unfortunately because of my work schedule I will be unable to get in touch with you during business hours by phone until Tuesday of this week.

In the meantime, I wanted to provide you with additional information regarding the current issue, so we can avoid getting a canned response back from USCIS in the event you and Mr. Langevin decide to make an official inquiry on my behalf.

A fellow K-1 filer and friend of mine in Miami, Florida recently had U.S. Senator Bill Nelson make an inquiry for her.

USCIS’s reply referred them to their processing times, posted on the official website (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do;jsessionid=bacXD1OC9RCyFagQNRyeu). The processing times, first of all, are outdated.

Posted on January 20, the report states that as of November 30, 2014, TSC had processed I-129F/K visa applications from June 6, 2014. This is around a 6 month wait. The same chart, when you select CSC, reports that as of November 30th, 2014 they are processing K visas in around 5 months. This is simply not true, and has us questioning whether or not this information is purposefully posted out of date to keep us in the dark.

Bill Nelson’s office contacted CSC instead of TSC by mistake. However, their response was as follows:

“This message is in response to the inquiry received from your office on December 18, 2014. USCIS records show that the subject petition was receipted into the Texas Service Center on November 18, 2014. If the petition had been receipted into the California Service Center on that date, the processing time would be five months from the receipt date of the petition into CSC. It appears that there is a one month difference between the TSC and CSC processing times. The fact that the petition comes under the jurisdiction of TSC, the constituent has the option of requesting expeditious processing of the petition if she can submit appropriate documentation to support her request.”

According to visajourney.com’s timelines, where members of the forum post updates as their visas process, California is currently processing anywhere from 3-6 weeks to 2 months maximum, while Texas is taking at least 6-7 months.

Here is the link to view these timeline statistics (this link specifically takes you to applications processed at CSC):

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=2&sortby=2

At the top you will see most recent approvals. Just to clarify: NOA1 date means the day the application is received, and NOA2 is approval (it then gets sent to the National Visa Center, and then on to the beneficiary’s country).

If you click on the forum user’s name, you can see their timeline specifically, and what country their fiancé is coming from.

Here is the same chart with Texas selected:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=3&option=2&sortby=2

According to visajourney.com’s estimations based on timeline data, petitions with NOA1 dates as follows are currently being processed:

I-129F for K-1 Visa:
CSC: December 27, 2014

TSC: August 9, 2014

VSC: November 18, 2014

(Source: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/)

Hopefully this information appropriately highlights the drastic difference in processing times for the two centers.

In closing, I am not asking you to advocate for my case, as I understand things take time and there are processes to follow. What I am asking is that you question the processing times of the service centers.

Unfortunately for the people of Rhode Island there is zero transparency and the only available avenue to find out why this issue hasn’t been addressed is to ask for help from our amazing people in office that are there because we believe in them.

I’m asking to find a way to help TSC. It appears as though they either need more staff to manage their workload or a transfer of files to the other service centers so they are able to “catch up” and return to processing files in the previously expected timeframe (around 5 months).

My friend and I have started a petition to do just that and we are hoping that if we can get enough signatures, USCIS may start to understand that instead of leaving the system broken we need to find a way to make a change so U.S. Citizens and immigrants alike don’t have to suffer so much in the future.

I would be honored if you joined in our plight to make things equal for all visa seekers. Please sign the petition below and I look forward to working together to make a difference.

https://www.change.org/p/uscis-distribute-the-current-caseload-between-tsc-csc-vsc-and-nsc

In the meantime, please feel free to fax a privacy release to [my work's fax], and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Stefanie [full name, address, phone number, and case info removed]

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Here's mine! I am big on the statistics.. haha. Mostly because they are mind blowing and incredibly upsetting. Thanks to Kristin for sharing her response with me and letting me use it! I responded to the email I received on Thursday from the immigration caseworker who works with Congressman Jim Langevin of Rhode Island.

Ms. Costa,

Thank you for getting back to me regarding my letter to Mr. Langevin! Unfortunately because of my work schedule I will be unable to get in touch with you during business hours by phone until Tuesday of this week.

In the meantime, I wanted to provide you with additional information regarding the current issue, so we can avoid getting a canned response back from USCIS in the event you and Mr. Langevin decide to make an official inquiry on my behalf.

A fellow K-1 filer and friend of mine in Miami, Florida recently had U.S. Senator Bill Nelson make an inquiry for her.

USCIS’s reply referred them to their processing times, posted on the official website (https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do;jsessionid=bacXD1OC9RCyFagQNRyeu). The processing times, first of all, are outdated.

Posted on January 20, the report states that as of November 30, 2014, TSC had processed I-129F/K visa applications from June 6, 2014. This is around a 6 month wait. The same chart, when you select CSC, reports that as of November 30th, 2014 they are processing K visas in around 5 months. This is simply not true, and has us questioning whether or not this information is purposefully posted out of date to keep us in the dark.

Bill Nelson’s office contacted CSC instead of TSC by mistake. However, their response was as follows:

“This message is in response to the inquiry received from your office on December 18, 2014. USCIS records show that the subject petition was receipted into the Texas Service Center on November 18, 2014. If the petition had been receipted into the California Service Center on that date, the processing time would be five months from the receipt date of the petition into CSC. It appears that there is a one month difference between the TSC and CSC processing times. The fact that the petition comes under the jurisdiction of TSC, the constituent has the option of requesting expeditious processing of the petition if she can submit appropriate documentation to support her request.”

According to visajourney.com’s timelines, where members of the forum post updates as their visas process, California is currently processing anywhere from 3-6 weeks to 2 months maximum, while Texas is taking at least 6-7 months.

Here is the link to view these timeline statistics (this link specifically takes you to applications processed at CSC):

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=2&sortby=2

At the top you will see most recent approvals. Just to clarify: NOA1 date means the day the application is received, and NOA2 is approval (it then gets sent to the National Visa Center, and then on to the beneficiary’s country).

If you click on the forum user’s name, you can see their timeline specifically, and what country their fiancé is coming from.

Here is the same chart with Texas selected:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=3&option=2&sortby=2

According to visajourney.com’s estimations based on timeline data, petitions with NOA1 dates as follows are currently being processed:

I-129F for K-1 Visa:

CSC: December 27, 2014

TSC: August 9, 2014

VSC: November 18, 2014

(Source: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/)

Hopefully this information appropriately highlights the drastic difference in processing times for the two centers.

In closing, I am not asking you to advocate for my case, as I understand things take time and there are processes to follow. What I am asking is that you question the processing times of the service centers.

Unfortunately for the people of Rhode Island there is zero transparency and the only available avenue to find out why this issue hasn’t been addressed is to ask for help from our amazing people in office that are there because we believe in them.

I’m asking to find a way to help TSC. It appears as though they either need more staff to manage their workload or a transfer of files to the other service centers so they are able to “catch up” and return to processing files in the previously expected timeframe (around 5 months).

My friend and I have started a petition to do just that and we are hoping that if we can get enough signatures, USCIS may start to understand that instead of leaving the system broken we need to find a way to make a change so U.S. Citizens and immigrants alike don’t have to suffer so much in the future.

I would be honored if you joined in our plight to make things equal for all visa seekers. Please sign the petition below and I look forward to working together to make a difference.

In the meantime, please feel free to fax a privacy release to [my work's fax], and I look forward to speaking with you.

Sincerely,

Stefanie [full name, address, phone number, and case info removed]

Yeah!

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

That is actually pretty inspiring guys. I was gonna resign myself to waiting 5 months before I asked my USC fiance to bang on doors, but maybe I should draft a couple of mails/letters for him to shoot of to his New Jersey representatives...hmmm....

K1 time line

I-129F sent: 12/23/2014
NOA-1: 12/29/2014
NOA-2: 06/05/2015 (158 days)
NOA-2 hardcopy: 06/11/2015 (6 days post NOA-2, 164 days total)
Sent to NVC: 06/16/2015 (11 days post NOA-2, 169 days total)
NVC receive: 06/25/2015 (20 days post NOA-2, 178 days total)
NVC case no: 06/30/2015 (25 days post NOA-2, 183 days total)
NVC left: 07/02/2015 (27 days post NOA-2, 185 days total)
Case Ready: 07/07/2015 (32 days post NOA-2, 190 days total)
submitted DS-160, paid visa fee.: 07/21/2015 (46 days post NOA-2, 204 days total)
Packet 3 sent: 07/25/2015 (50 days post NOA-2, 209 days total)
Pack 4 received: 07/30/2015 (55 days post NOA-2, 214 days total)
Medical: 09/17/2015 Interview: 09/23/2015 (108 days post NOA-2, 268 days total)
Interview Result: Approved Administrative Processing: 09/23/2015
CEAC Status Issued: 09/24/2015
Visa in hand: 09/28/2015
POE: 12/29/2015 Wedding: 01/11/2016

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/13/2016
AOS package received: 01/20/2016 (day 1)
AOS NOA-1 text/email: 01/23/2016 (day 3), actual NOA-1 date 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS check cashed: 01-25-2016 (day 5) Got 6 month NJ driver's license: 01-25-2016
3x NOA-1 hardcopies: 02/03/2016 (day 14)

Biometrics letter: 02/05/2016 (day 16) Biometrics appt (Elizabeth, NJ): 02/17/2016 (day 28)

EAD and AP approved email/txt: 03/29/2016 (day 67)

GC approval email/text: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

I-797 for I-765/I-131 in mail: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

EAD/AP delivered: 04/05/216 (day 75)

GC card being mailed status update: 04/07/16 (day 77)

GC received: 04/11/16 (day 84 post AOS NOA-1)

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS!

ROC Window opens: 01/04/2018

ROC Time Line
ROC package mailed to Vermont 01/04/2018
ROC package received at Vermont 01/08/2018 (day 0)
Check cashed: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
NOA-1 date: 01/09/2018 (day 1)
NOA-1 received: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
Biometrics notice received: 02/09/2018 (day 32)
Biometrics appointment: 02/23/2018 (day 46)
Received 18-month extension letter: 08/13/2018 (day 209)
ROC Approved: 03/09/2019 (day 425)
Card Received: 03/16/2019  (day 432)

Timeline

Another update!! I checked my mail and had a letter from the senator Jack Reed:

"Thank you for contacting my office regarding your concern with your pending Fiancé Petition (I-129f). I appreciate the opportunity to be of service to you in this matter.

On your behalf, I have contacted USCIS relative to the nature of your inquiry and forwarded your hardship statement. Please know that once I receive any information, you will he notified promptly.

In the meantime, should you need any questions or additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact [my immigration representative] at [contact info].

Warm regards

Jack Reed

United States Senator"

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Timeline

Thanks Kristin and Stef, will add a few things in addition to my message there! Hopefully send ours on Monday and see what happens!

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do you know guys why the uscis website don't work anymore ? i have a error message

------------------------------------------------

"Distance never separates two hearts that really care, whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss."

------------------------------------------------

Timeline

Do you know guys why the uscis website don't work anymore ? i have a error message

It's probably just down for maintenance or some thing. It won't load for me either. Try back in a bit.

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Guys, check out the September TSC thread. Av8or had a really good response from his congressman's office.

Not sure if we have any other Houstonians here or not. Some of us are planning on meeting up soon if you live in/near Houston or just so happen to be traveling through...

We'll be meeting at Brick House Tavern on 290 NW at 1 pm Saturday, February 7th. Contact info:

Brick House Tavern

12910 Northwest Freeway

Houston, TX 77040

(713)462-0576

Feel free to pm me if interest and I'll share my personal contact info. Hope some others can make it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi April,

I'm a Houstonian and November filer.

Unfortunately I'm traveling to India for work the February 7th weekend. I would have loved to have met with some of the locals in the area, and be involved in being a voice for others that will go through the process.

I noticed that the USCIS Petition now has 239 people. How many people are actually needed for this to become a formal petition? It seems like the number of people needed keeps changing.

Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2014-11-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-11-24

Edited by jman135

Timeline

Hi April,

Unfortunately I'm traveling to India for work the February 7th weekend. I would have loved to have met with some of the locals in the area, and be involved in being a voice for others that will go through the process.

I noticed that the USCIS Petition now has 239 people. How many people are actually needed for this to become a formal petition? It seems like the number of people needed keeps changing.

Transferred? No

Well, every time the petition is signed, USCIS TSC and USCIS hq are getting emails. At 1000 we can try and get a media source to pick it up. The best we can do right now is have everyone that is willing to, share and post the petition wherever you can. I am currently trying to get exposure on reddit. You can also contact your senator or congressman if you already haven't. A couple pages back in this thread Kristin and I both post variations of our letters we wrote. You can also use twitter - post to @USCIS or @USCISprocessingtimes . Example:

@USCIS Fix TSC processing times. #FixTSC #TSCneedshelp

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi April,

Transferred? No

Bummer jman. If this goes well, hopefully we can make this a semi-regular thing and can plan another one soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey guys just gettin caught up with everything been busy with work. I def think I need to jump onboard and right my my senator as well the wait ahead of us is disheartening. ..

08/9/13 went to teach in Ethiopia
09/4/13 met Abdi at School
09/7/13 first date
04/25/14 Got engaged
06/30/14 returned to U.S.
11/10/14...I-129F sent
11/13/14...I-129F recieved
11/18/14.. NOA1 e-mail notification
11/24/14...NOA1 hard copy recieved in mail'

06/10/2015...NOA2 e-mail notification!!!!!!!!Thank God !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hey guys just gettin caught up with everything been busy with work. I def think I need to jump onboard and right my my senator as well the wait ahead of us is disheartening. ..

08/9/13 went to teach in Ethiopia
09/4/13 met Abdi at School
09/7/13 first date
04/25/14 Got engaged
06/30/14 returned to U.S.
11/10/14...I-129F sent
11/13/14...I-129F recieved
11/18/14.. NOA1 e-mail notification
11/24/14...NOA1 hard copy recieved in mail'

06/10/2015...NOA2 e-mail notification!!!!!!!!Thank God !!!

Timeline

Please do! It shouldn't take you very long with examples floating around the thread, but here is a google doc I created as a "fill in the blanks" letter.

Of course you'll have to tweak it to make it your own!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_6zX0T7LHrJA7dWgiwbmyxtOAe7YksWXTc0Bnpp8mTs/edit?usp=sharing

Let us know if you do and what kind of response you receive!

Visa in hand:

-----------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.