Cristin

November 2014 Filers - Texas Service Center

1,116 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I did try the contacts a few pages back :) I tried to start a new topic but people are being rude.

So I went downstairs (I work at a school for advertising and marketing, super convienent) and asked our international students to help brainstorm about the Twitter thing. They also do their visa processing at TSC and despise them. So hopefully, with their social media knowledge and the fact that they are in the same boat as us, I can get them to work on a strategy to bring this to fruitation. Give them a few days but they're pretty awesome, hope that they can brainstorm a good way to start.

Kristin,

I just signed change.org.... We're only two months to the five months mark. I'm ready to fight for our right to be equal between CSC and TSC.

11/15/14 : I-129F sent (Fedex overnight)
11/18/14 : Delivered
11/20/14 : NOA1

11/28/14 : NOA1 hard copy received

Waiting......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

So we contacted the ombudsman to see if we could initiate a bulk transfer from TSC to CSC based on the data on visa community even though we hadn't reached the 5 month mark, to paraphrase from our email:

"Although we have not met the 5 month "marker" we were hoping that the ombudsman would help support the Family Visa Community to find some way of initiating a bulk transfer of cases from the Texas Service Center to the California Service Center and for the Headquarters to better manage the backlogs of Service Centers"

Their reply:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting the Office of the CIS Ombudsman. Your home state dictates which Service Center processes your application. Transfers are not usually made due to backlog. Processing at the different Service Centers depends on the resources allocated. Our office is currently monitoring posted processing times across USCIS.

As you application is within processing time there is nothing this office can do as this is an office of last resort. You must first attempt to resolve any concerns with USCIS before coming to this office.

Sincerely,

Office of the CIS Ombudsman

/rc

If you wish to contact them (I guess the more who do the more pressure is put on) then here is the email address cisombudsman@hq.dhs.gov website link here.

Next step for us is the congressman. We have emailed USCIS HQ but no reply yet.

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Kristin,

I just signed change.org.... We're only two months to the five months mark. I'm ready to fight for our right to be equal between CSC and TSC.

Thanks! (Sorry I've been MIA, I'm working in the background promise)

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey angry Nov filers lol can you help keep my "hot thread" going for the New York Times? I'd like keep it there a few days so more people can see it and maybe get more stories to give to them, the interest is there, I'm trying to speed it up so we can have her article come on the heels of DACA, we're talking next Thursday, but I've emailed to see if we can work it out sooner. :)

11/15/2013- Met John

10/27/2014- Proposed

11/26/2014- Sent I-129F

11/28/2014- Package Received

12/03/2014- Electronic Notification

12/09/2014- Received NOA1 in mail (Notice Date 12/02/2014)

*System still says last touched date 12/03 :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone. Some not so good news on my front - I've actually decided to cancel our k1 petition. that was never the intention of my trip here (I am still in morocco), but coming really me realize a lot of things. Better sooner than later.

On that note - how do I cancel the petition? I only have access to my phone and the search function is terrible on VJ. I would think I just send a letter with the case number, etc. But who knows with USCIS. I know this isn't the right place to ask as youre all still on the process toward getting your loved one here, but I figured maybe you'd provide some help since you've all been so nice.

Our story!

04/29/14: Met on a Mediterranean Cruise on the MSC Armonia

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia
09/06/14 to 09/14/14: Visited Morocco - Casablanca, Marrakech, and Essaouira

02/11/15 to 02/17/15: Planned trip back to Morocco!

Our Immigration Story!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Casablanca, Morocco

10/31/14: I-129F submitted
11/03/14: I-129F received

11/05/14: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

11/07/14: Alien Registration Number changed
11/13/14: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

45aXm5.png

Timeline

Hi everyone. Some not so good news on my front - I've actually decided to cancel our k1 petition. that was never the intention of my trip here (I am still in morocco), but coming really me realize a lot of things. Better sooner than later.

On that note - how do I cancel the petition? I only have access to my phone and the search function is terrible on VJ. I would think I just send a letter with the case number, etc. But who knows with USCIS. I know this isn't the right place to ask as youre all still on the process toward getting your loved one here, but I figured maybe you'd provide some help since you've all been so nice.

Write to uscis, specifically TSC. Mail them an official letter, "I am withdrawing my petition for i-129f." State full names, and your case number. It may take them a while to open and process but that's all you need to do. You may wish to have the letter notarized just so they are sure it's you and may avoid problems later on.

Edited by stef_curls

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Write to uscis. Mail them an official letter, "I am withdrawing my petition for i-129f." State full names, and your case number. It may take them a while to open and process but that's all you need to do.

Thank you, Stef_curls!

Our story!

04/29/14: Met on a Mediterranean Cruise on the MSC Armonia

04/30/14 to 05/08/14: Traveled together on the cruise - Italy, Greece, Turkey, and Croatia
09/06/14 to 09/14/14: Visited Morocco - Casablanca, Marrakech, and Essaouira

02/11/15 to 02/17/15: Planned trip back to Morocco!

Our Immigration Story!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Consulate: Casablanca, Morocco

10/31/14: I-129F submitted
11/03/14: I-129F received

11/05/14: I-129F NOA1 Notice Date

11/07/14: Alien Registration Number changed
11/13/14: I-129F NOA1 received in mail

45aXm5.png

So I wanted to comment on the request to sign petitions, newsarticles contact ombdusman etc. I say this to be honest and from a positive place since we are all in this together but honestly, these things dont really work and wont' really help your/our short term (althought it feels longer to me) situation. You must understand the nature of government and how there are processes and procedures and there is really nothing about this that is out of line with those processes, they are just slow as all get up unfortnately. We don't really have a complaint becuase our applications are not out of line with those procedures. Believe me if there was something that I could think of to expediet this process legally (sometimes not so legally) I would have done it/tried it by now. So unless you have a personal relationship with a Member of Congress (MOC) who is personally willing to literally go over to TSC pull yor application and get someone to approve it then we must wait. Do there need to be reforms likely and if people are willing to be involved with those for the long haul thats a different discussion. The best chance that I can think of and Im reaching here is to create a critical mass with a MOC or two who will light a fire under TSC ####### and get them to move faster generally to exediete these cases in the short term. That in and of itself is no small fete.

We are all in this together, so unfortunately we just have to wait. I say this to and for myself also. Im happy to join a larger more long term movement ot create better efficiencies in this system becuase I for one am NOT intersted in having the gvt. in my upcoming marriage for any longer than I absolutely have to (we are shotting for the first opportunity to become a citizen we taking it). I hope this is helpful but Im suggesting we look at other was to deal with our short term issues and for those interested re-focus strategies to address the lager systematic issues.

Timeline

MS and KK - I don't think (the majority of) people are under the illusion that a personal fight with the government is going to change anything. We certainly are not. As far as I'm aware of governments, at least in my country, is that if you make no noise then nothing will happen, if you make noise then sure it's likely nothing will happen but it's more likely something (no matter if it's 0.00001% more likely) will happen compared to making no noise.

I'm totally with you that we are all in this together, and for us we stepped outside our personal circumstances to try and initiate some movement for better management of service center backlogs (rather than our personal petition) as well as just trying anything to retain our own sanity.

It seems to me people have the time to write on this site complaining of the situation, in my mind there is no way anything will happen from complaining on this site (what government official would read here?). So if people have the time to complain here why not instead just redirect their time in complaining to USCIS, ombudsman etc? The more people do it the more likely it'll get noticed than on this forum (no matter how slim the chance).

Some people on here may have more at stake than others too, for us my to-be step son's education is going to be poor for his first school year because we can't afford my fiancee to move to a better education area until I move out there and we can get a joint income going. So in our minds we will literally do anything we can, not matter how small the chance, to help the communities plight in starting family life and for the sake of our family.

I understand that some people will not want to do anything and be content in patiently waiting for the process. Though I hope you see a different angle to all of this now and why some of us may be more eager than others to follow up any leads no matter how small.

Edited by rob999

K1 Timeline

November 21st 2013 - First Met

November 18th 2014 - I-129f Submitted

November 24th 2014 - NOA 1

May 22nd 2015 - NOA 2 - no RFE!

June 4th 2015 - Case Sent to NVC

June 6th 2015 - NVC receives case

June 15th 2015 - Case Sent to Embassy

June 16th 2015 - Phoned NVC and finally got case number (tried 12th June and had not been assigned)

June 16th 2015 - Medical booked

June 21st 2015 - Sent Packet "3" - DS 160 and readiness

June 25th 2015 - Embassy sends letter in receipt of receiving case

June 30th 2015 - Medical

July 28th 2015 - Interview - Approved!

August 3rd 2015 - Email request to collect from courier office (Went straight from "Ready" to "Issued" did not see AP in CEAC)

August 4th 2015 - Collected packet from Chancery Lane Courier Office

August 7th 2015 - Arrived in Houston and end of K1 journey :)

Adjustment of Status Timeline

August 10th 2015 - Applied for SSN, obtained SSN number next day

August 15th 2015 - SSN card arrived

August 20th 2015 - Married! :)

August 24th 2015 - sent packet to USCIS via FedEx [AOS, AP & EAD]

August 26th 2015 - packet received at USCIS

August 28th 2015 - NOA 1 for all three applications

September 15th 2015 - RFE - request 1040A, W2's was not enough

September 24th 2015 - Biometrics completed

September 28th 2015 - RFE response received by USCIS

October 27th 2015 - EAD approved

Cleary you didn't understand what I said. My point is (and we are partically saying the same thing) is that for the greater good we must try to address the issues. I dind't think this site was and should be used to complain becuase complaining here or to the feds will get you no where becuase honestly, we really don't have a valid complaint other than its taking to long for us. Based on the process and procedures we are where we are supposed to be. We just dont like it. A more productive approach would be to provide solutions to the powers that be not issue non-valid complaints. I can totally take my feelings out of this and look at it more objectively and I have just as much at stake as anyone here for my future and my relationship is being held captive by someone else. In fact I can't even PRODUCE a child becuase I have to wait for this system so believe me I GET IT.

To be clear I suggest sharing recommended changes to the system in a larger discussion movement to make improvements. I am suggesting that complaining and saying its unfair and its taking "to long" is not worth the time and energy redirect it to something that will make a difference. Complaints will get you no where. I dont care how many of us get together and do it You can't show me one person here that this has been effective for in speeding up their process using the typical time line and procedures. Thats it. Sorry. I know how these things work, I know how these people thing and how its done. The reality is they don't care about us no matter how loud we shot. I can tell you how to make these changes and I've given you the first steps in doing so but current stragey you may as well try to find a live unicore in Central Park in the summer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You haven't read the letter that was sent then because it outlines several proposed solutions. The section is even called Solutions, I believe.

And I don't think we are saying the same thing. You're saying they won't listen so why bother and we're saying we have to try because even though the chance of success is minuscule, we still think it's worth it. The system won't change if no one bothers to even try.

We're not ignorant even if you believe we are. So what if it doesn't work? If it makes us feel better while we're going through this, what's it to you?

Edited by April+Daniel

Timeline

Well said April and Rob

NOA1: November 18, 2014 @ TSC

NOA2: June 24, 2015 218 days

Sent to NVC: July 1, 2015

Embassy Case Number Received: July 10, 2015

Sent to embassy: July 16, 2015

Embassy Received: July 20, 2015

Packet 3 Received/DS 160/Readiness Completed: July 22, 2015

Medical: July 24, 2015

Packet 4 Received: August 11, 2015

Interview: September 4, 2015 Approved

Issued: September 8, 2015

Visa in hand:

POE: September 18, 2015

-----------------------

When filling in your timeline, please understand that all I-129F's are sent to the LOCKBOX in Texas, and then ROUTED (not transferred) to your ASSIGNED service center- the one in Texas "TSC" (not the same as the lockbox!), or the one in California "CSC". If your tracking number starts with WAC, you're at the CSC, you were not transferred! There are no transfers at this time. If your number starts with SRC you're at the TSC and that's where you will serve your entire sentence.USCIS isn't fair.

They don't care about you.

-----------------------------------------------------

Want to complain to someone anyway?

*Email the Ombudsman at cisombudsman@HQ.DHS.GOV

"The Ombudsman provides an impartial and independent perspective to USCIS in an attempt to resolve problems"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

MS and KK

Before I respond to you, for the avoidance of doubt, I believe your post was written with the intention of providing support and helpful information, and you achieved that. I can see that you have a more pragmatic approach. The reality is, that for many of us, this has become an extremely taxing emotional journey. While I see merit in, and agree with, many of the points you raised, there are a few issues where my views are different.

"...we really don't have a valid complaint other than its taking to long for us. Based on the process and procedures we are where we are supposed to be."

Disagree. Seven to eight months for phase one of the process (excluding the additional 2-3 months for the actual visa application) is wholly unreasonable. The timescales have changed. We are approaching the seven month mark since we filed. It was under five when we sent our petition. We have worked to their "call us after 5 months". When we reached the five month mark, we were told six. We are past six and have been told we have to wait for our filing date to exceed the date posted on their (outdated) "current" processing times. Going by the current rate of processing and aligning that for the purpose of predicting when this will be in accordance with the processing times as updated on the USCIS website, we would have well exceeded eight months before we could even call to ask where they are with our petition. That is assuming they have not fallen even further behind.

"I didn't think this site was and should be used to complain"

It goes deeper than simply complaining. That is not the point. Whether by way of grumbling or venting on the forum, or doing something to give us a sense of being able to do something, has a lot of merit, both emotionally and psychologically. It has also drawn very different people with similar frustrations and hardships together. That is important.

"You can't show me one person here that this has been effective for in speeding up their process using the typical time line and procedures."

True. So far. But if you don't try, you don't know. From the outset, Kristen and her team have acknowledged that this may amount to nil. On the other hand, it is getting a message out. It probably won't change anything as a stand-alone campaign, but it's probably not the only one being put together. Any benefit from this and/or any similar efforts is not likely to be enjoyed by those of us who have already filed; but it might benefit others later.

Even if you don't believe that this is going to be effective, if you haven't already done so, please click on the link and have a look at what these unselfish people have put together. It is clear that countless hours have been put into this and it has been exceptionally well compiled. I spent some time last night reading through the letters and ended up bookmarking the link. Why? Because one of the hardest parts of this journey, second only to being separated from the one you love and having no idea how long it will take to get through it all, is feeling completely alone. Honestly, nobody who is not in this situation actually gets it. It is just inconceivable to the average person that you could file for a visa (petition) and have no idea whatsoever how long it is going to take. My employers think I am trying to withhold information from them. My daughter is being teased at school because she told her friends last summer that we are moving yet she still can't even tell them when. Well meaning friends greet our "We have no idea" response with disbelief. So I've saved the link as I may very well refer people to it when I'm too tired to try explain.

Kristen and team, well done and thank you.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.