Torete

Obama says he will announce Immigration Reform Steps Soon (edited to agree with article title)

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The American people overwhelmingly support what the Senate passed. But why would republicans care about the will of the people, right?

that lil pic you posted is NOT what passed the senate + its a year and a half old. yanno before 0bama's come on in executive orders. the American people want the current immigration laws enforced, then a step by step approach to changing anything. you saw what happened at the first of the month didn't you? 0bama is about to screw the poor, American minorities, and the American unemployed. the only plus is he's also gonna screw the democratic party big time.
7yqZWFL.jpg

It's a trial balloon. Leaked to see just how big the CACA storm will be and it's going to be huge.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just wish obama would hurry up and announce what he's doing...so see the point in all this waiting think people have waited enough

Wonder if its a reality lol ....a little

rumor running around it that Permanent

bars may be looked into on a case by case

basis for non violent deported LPRs, but

there are always rumors...gotta see it to

believe it

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-says-hopes-action-fairly-soon-immigration-recommendations-163253993.html

(Topic title has been edited to reflect the actual article title. Inappropriate political commentary has been removed. Such discussion should be posted in the Current Events and Hot Social Topic Forum instead.- VJ Moderation)

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2014/11/13/obama-plans-protect-millions-from-deportation-issue-work-permits/kY9k4UAs2WtbmZdrTabB4K/story.html

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Filed: Timeline

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/14/obamas-immigration-plan-10-executive-actions-being-weighed-by-president/

The draft has been released...and none of the points include anything for legal immigrants except for tech workers...the rest is for the illegals...so does this mean we are back on the waiting line??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Did you seriously expected something that will shorten waiting for family preference applicants ? C'mon... It's not a reform, it's trying to win next elections.

Filed: Other Timeline

As with Obama Care this is being done outside the whelm of government our forefathers intended and how the US government is supposed to work. The immigration issue needs to be fixed as in the case of healthcare, however, the malicious manner in which they are being done in the whelm of Obama self serving politics should be considered criminal. Just as the infrastructure was ill prepared to handle Obama Care, you can bet this will cause significantly more pain to those waiting for Visas in this community. It currently takes the NVC 2 months to just look at a document in the processing of a US Citizen's family member who has gone through the legal channels, paid the required fees, and all ready been approved by USCIS. In fact it is currently taking 5 months or more in most cases from USCIS approval (NAO2) to NVC approval. Add the additional workload of processing millions of illegal immigrants without the including necessary elements for execution, as in the case of Obama's intended next move, and it could very likely extend the total time of NVC processing to over a year!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

In fact it is currently taking 5 months or more in most cases from USCIS approval (NAO2) to NVC approval. Add the additional workload of processing millions of illegal immigrants without the including necessary elements for execution, as in the case of Obama's intended next move, and it could very likely extend the total time of NVC processing to over a year!

That, and all the Service Centers will get slammed with application which was the case with DACA and CSC. Good luck to anybody petitioning spouse or fiancee....

I don't think they will overhaul things , all i know base on reading is that to help illegal immigrants and speed things up a bit n other categories ( which is unlikely because the backlogs , the glitch in their system happened few months ago ) as you can see NVC has introduced new review time and delay tons of cases.

Everything is fine as is and they do not want to change it and it's more involve with political.

Let's just hope for the best for the next Visa Bulletins , every little movements will help as long as it moves.

Edited by Phillip Wu

USCIS
June 01, 2013 I-130 Started

June 10, 2013 Priority Date
June 14, 2013 NOA 1
September 10, 2013 NOA 2

NVC
October 21, 2013 AoS Fee Paid
December 22, 2013 DS261 Submitted
December 27, 2013 DS261 Accepted ( via email )
December 28, 2013 IV Fee Bill Invoiced
December 29, 2013 AoS Package Sent
December 30, 2013 IV Fee Paid & DS260 Submitted
January 11, 2014 IV Package Sent
January 07, 2014 AoS Package Received ( call NVC )
January 15, 2014 IV Package Received ( call NVC )
January 27,2014 Received AoS Checklists ( email )
January 27,2014 Received IV Checklists ( email )
February 25,2014 Sent IV Checklists back
February 28,2014 IV Checklists Package Delivered
March 5,2014 Sent AOS Checklists back
March 10,2014 AOS Checklists Package Delivered
March 19,2014 Case Completed ( call NVC )
March 22,2014 Case Completed ( CC email )

Consulate
February 05,2015 Interview Letter
March 12,2015 Interview

Filed: Other Timeline

So with me having my husband here in the us I already filed my i130 and was going for the 601a waiver but we have a daughter here so once Obama does this law can we do this Daca thing to go faster what exactly is the process stick to the 601a

Edited by trish3361

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I had big hopes on this

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/immigration/streamlining-immigration

Looks like it only benefits illegals...

B1 Visa Approved: October 30, 2013

Priority Date: April 1 2014

NOA Approved: April 26, 2014

Received NVC Case number: June 25, 2014

Welcome letter: May 13, 2015

Completed DS-261 Online: May 22, 2015

Paid AOS Fee Online: June 7,2015

Paid IV Fee Payment Online: July 23, 2015

Documents sent: September 04, 2015

Case complete email: October 05, 2015

Interview letter: October 23

Interview Date: December 2 - Visa Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.