Torete

Obama says he will announce Immigration Reform Steps Soon (edited to agree with article title)

136 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two threads have been moved (one from Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America, one from Current Events & Hot Social Topics) to "US Immigration News and Discussion" and merged with an existing thread there. Several posts from the second moved thread were removed, chiefly to stay on the topic. Another post from that thread was removed because of overly strong language; the quoted attachment that came with that post can be reposted here. Thanks to everyone for staying on the topic in this new combined thread.

VJ Moderation

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Timeline
It ain't over. It took a long time to get where we are now. The majority of Americans have had enough from those who cross our borders illegally and then expect to stay. It ain't gonna work out the way you thought it would. We tried playing nice. Now, it's war.

2vwy4nd.jpg
Working for ICE 'is hell right now,' as Obama plans amnesty for illegals
Morale among officers at Immigration and Customs Enforcement, already low, has reached a new bottom as illegal immigrants expecting amnesty from President Obama taunt and ridicule the overworked officers, according to a new report.
“Yes,” said one, “working for this agency is hell right now.”
That was the latest message to immigration policy critic Jessica M. Vaughan, director of policy studies for the Center for Immigration Studies. She has charted the woes of the officers who carry out the president’s orders.
In a new paper, she wrote:
"The president's gradual, calculated dismantling of our immigration system has caused morale to plummet in the agencies of the Department of Homeland Security. Career immigration officials have courageously objected in public, and sometimes resorted to lawsuits to draw attention to the administration's subversion of the law. In denial about their principled objections to his scheme, now the president is hoping to stifle their voices by offering them a pay increase as part of this outrageous plan. His assumption that they are motivated by money shows just how little respect he has for the men and women who have devoted their careers to public service in immigration."
Vaughan told Secrets that she has been concerned about morale in ICE and raised the issue with Homeland Secretary Jeh Johnson.
Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

We should all flood DHS with emails right now saying we want visas for our loved ones right now!!! No way should they go to illegals over us first!!!!!

Flood DHS with requests for petition approval. Flood Dept. of State with requests for visas.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Flood DHS with requests for petition approval. Flood Dept. of State with requests for visas.

Yea, yea you know what I mean.

Thanks for correcting me though. I'm so screwed up in the head I got the process all backwards. Because I have been bending over backwards for this process for over 2 years and someone else is getting IN FRONT OF US!!! :ranting::protest::ranting::protest::ranting::protest:

Edited by Janelle2002

We should all flood DHS with emails right now saying we want visas for our loved ones right now!!! No way should they go to illegals over us first!!!!!

Yes, you can write to DHS, but it's far more effective to write your Congressman and Senators

Find your congressman and Senator

Also, no need to re-invent the wheel. There is already a grass-roots campaign in the USA to deal with illegal immigration:

w0ntyc.jpg
35j9tsk.jpg
Edited by ExExpat

I personally can't hate on DACA! Lots of them were just brought here as kids and it was not a choice for them, they know nothing but this country, it's their home. It's not their fault their families made this decision.

Not that I approve some law where parents can just send their kids here from now, but the ones who have been here for long time deserve it.

I can't blame them, if prostitution, crime and no future was all expected I would also do anything it takes to offer my family a better life!

There is no intention to have anyone act with discrimination in this regard. The immigration issue, specifically in relation to Mexican immigrants is a difficult one that needs to be addressed. Contrary to your statement, many of the children are US Citizens (as they were born in the US) however, their parents are the illegals. While there are other issues involved this certainly outlines the complexity of the issue.

Having a president acting on his own in total disregard to other factors within the immigration issue/process will surely result in the creation of undesired effects. Taxing an already overburdened system which is close to a standstill in processing visas for folks and or their loved one in this forum will be more than likely one of the first casualties.

In October of this year Obama approved a plan to allow as many as 100,000 Haitians to immigrate to the U.S. without a visa. Nothing against Haitians, it is about a total disregard for others going through the system that have spent time pain and money to get their loved ones to be with them in the US legally.

“U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the branch of the Department of Homeland Security that handles immigration benefits cases, announced Friday the program to unite Haitians already living in the U.S. with family members abroad will ramp up in 2015.”

“At that time the State Department’s National Visa Center will begin notifying families who may be eligible to take part in the program. Those immigrants will be allowed to apply for work permits while waiting for issuance of their permanent visas”.

“The agency said the program will expedite “safe, legal and orderly migration.”

It’s no wonder why it is currently taking the NVC 60 days to even look at a document. They would like you to believe the 60 days is compared to their previous 30 days to process a visa when in reality it is taking over 5 months from NAO2 to interview!!!

The immigration issue, specifically in relation to Mexican immigrants is a difficult one that needs to be addressed.

The topic immigration is NOT at all complicated. Not even a little. The point is that if you were not born in the USA and you are not legally authorized to be in the USA, THEN, you need to go HOME; willingly or unwillingly. You don't don't get to stay because we are a nation of laws. We WILL close our borders and send you home!

That's how complicated it is.

Can you believe he is wanting t give a 50% discount to the first 10,000 Illegals.

That should be a slap in the face to all who did it the legal way.

This is completely false. The discount is intended for legal residents who may be discouraged by the filling fee to come forward and naturalize.

"Currently, the naturalization fee is $680. To encourage people to begin the citizenship process, DHS would take 50 percent off the fee for the first 10,000 applicants".

....All your Negative Energy Feeds Cancer!

event.png

I don't see how these illegal people home countries who are receiving $$$ aids, to have any will to fix their own problems.

US should just annexed these countries, then everyone is 'US citizen'

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

I don't see how these illegal people home countries who are receiving $$$ aids, to have any will to fix their own problems.

US should just annexed these countries, then everyone is 'US citizen'

I know!! One country was asking for billions in aid to help curb the flow of illegal children migrating. really? <_< I need a billion too.

This is completely false. The discount is intended for legal residents who may be discouraged by the filling fee to come forward and naturalize.

"Currently, the naturalization fee is $680. To encourage people to begin the citizenship process, DHS would take 50 percent off the fee for the first 10,000 applicants".

We are about to naturalize. Are we going to get a 50% discount ? Do you have to be an illegal alien ? It's not misleading at all

There is no intention to have anyone act with discrimination in this regard. The immigration issue, specifically in relation to Mexican immigrants is a difficult one that needs to be addressed. Contrary to your statement, many of the children are US Citizens (as they were born in the US) however, their parents are the illegals. While there are other issues involved this certainly outlines the complexity of the issue.

Having a president acting on his own in total disregard to other factors within the immigration issue/process will surely result in the creation of undesired effects. Taxing an already overburdened system which is close to a standstill in processing visas for folks and or their loved one in this forum will be more than likely one of the first casualties.

In October of this year Obama approved a plan to allow as many as 100,000 Haitians to immigrate to the U.S. without a visa. Nothing against Haitians, it is about a total disregard for others going through the system that have spent time pain and money to get their loved ones to be with them in the US legally.

“U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the branch of the Department of Homeland Security that handles immigration benefits cases, announced Friday the program to unite Haitians already living in the U.S. with family members abroad will ramp up in 2015.”

“At that time the State Department’s National Visa Center will begin notifying families who may be eligible to take part in the program. Those immigrants will be allowed to apply for work permits while waiting for issuance of their permanent visas”.

“The agency said the program will expedite “safe, legal and orderly migration.”

It’s no wonder why it is currently taking the NVC 60 days to even look at a document. They would like you to believe the 60 days is compared to their previous 30 days to process a visa when in reality it is taking over 5 months from NAO2 to interview!!!

They are not Mexican Immigrants. They are illegal aliens

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.