dwheels76

October 2014 Interviews

1,137 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Yep on last day of every month just like the NVC filers thread we roll. I create the new thread and post the link on last post and this post gets closed.

This may be the first time we start the next month thread without interviews being announced. I pray they aren't going back to their 2nd week of the moth scheduling

It's unlike you, dear, to be pessimistic! There are two business days left in the month. I'll be mighty surprised if they don't start scheduling on Monday, bright and early.

Thanks for adding to the spreadsheet. Am glad am just in time for the schedule. I guess October date is full to the brim.

Not necessarily. It's just NVC policy that this coming round would be strictly for November appointments. If your Consulate has light traffic and you're allowed to perform medicals ahead of case arrival, then I'd say do your medicals now and contact the Consulate as soon as they get you case file to request an earlier appointment. It worked for me and others in the past.

Hi,

In the Canada Medical page it says that the doctors are good until Sept 2014. Anyone know if there are new doctors? I will be going to Montreal as i am in Ottawa

Day old bread is half price, you know. Approach them on Monday and negotiate them down. :rofl:

21-MAR-2014 I-140 + PP sent to USCIS

31-MAR-2014 Petition approved

16-APR-2014 Case shipped to NVC

29-APR-2014 Case received by NVC

23-MAY-2014 Case # assigned

4-JUN-2014 IV Bill invoiced and PAID (AOS Exempt, DS-261 Waived)

6-JUN-2014 DS-260 forms submitted

10-JUN-2014 IV Docs received by NVC

13-JUN-2014 IV Docs matched to case (scanned)

30-JUL-2014 Case Complete, CC email auto-sent one week later

20-AUG-2014 AOS fee changed to N/A (Final clearance for interview scheduling?)

29-AUG-2014 Consular Interview scheduled on Oct 1st. Later rescheduled to Sep 24th. P4 Letter received following business day

14-SEP-2014 CEAC status changed to Ready

15-SEP-2014 Medical results delivered to Embassy by Panel Physician

24-SEP-2014 Consular Interview, went into AP (3rd AP in as many consecutive visa applications)

14-OCT-2014 Visa issued

22-OCT-2014 POE at Dulles Airport, Washington, D.C.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's unlike you, dear, to be pessimistic! There are two business days left in the month. I'll be mighty surprised if they don't start scheduling on Monday, bright and early.

Someone said that it's unlikely for NVC to schedule interviews on Monday so that leaves only the 30th (Tuesday). :no:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Not necessarily. It's just NVC policy that this coming round would be strictly for November appointments. If your Consulate has light traffic and you're allowed to perform medicals ahead of case arrival, then I'd say do your medicals now and contact the Consulate as soon as they get you case file to request an earlier appointment. It worked for me and others in the past.

Thanks Mobar, I think I'll make the inquiry this week and see how it goes.

Timeline

Someone said that it's unlikely for NVC to schedule interviews on Monday so that leaves only the 30th (Tuesday). :no:

Maybe the person is right. You know NVC have been notorious for sleeping on Mondays :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Timeline

Thanks Mobar, I think I'll make the inquiry this week and see how it goes.

Just remember, you'll have a better chance to reschedule if both case and medicals are already at the Consulate when you make the request. So don't be deterred if this week's request gets rejected.

29-AUG-2014 Consular Interview scheduled on Oct 1st. Later rescheduled to Sep 24th. P4 Letter received following business day

24-SEP-2014 Consular Interview, went into AP (3rd AP in as many consecutive visa applications)

14-OCT-2014 Visa issued

Timeline

Just remember, you'll have a better chance to reschedule if both case and medicals are already at the Consulate when you make the request. So don't be deterred if this week's request gets rejected.

We hand carry our medicals to the Consulate on the day of interview. So I bet I'll just wait for my case file to arrive at the Consulate, do the medicals and then make the request.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

hey..

Have the interview in 4 days..

It is normal or is it just me: I am freaking out and so restless about it. I am going crazy!

I really need to keep calm, especially during the interview. Any inputs on how to stay calm and composed during the interview?

Thanks

Oh, I'm def freaking out as well. I posted already earlier, but I have an interview tomorrow morning, yikes! I'll wake up early (if I can sleep at all) and travel to Helsinki. This is my fourth or fifth visa interview, but the previous one's were student visas, so I should be feeling confident by now, but nope :lol: I don't think they'll be any trouble with the interview, but I still keep going through worse case scenarios in my head. Good luck!

I'm also pretty restless! Have the interview on Oct 1 as well. I'm just going through my documents again and again. I think it will be helpful to look at everything again and organize papers nicely. That way you will feel confident.

I have one question - is there any restriction on the amount of stuff that we are allowed to bring inside the embassy. My files feel a bit heavy. In that case I will have to figure out if there is anything I can readily leave outside...

Thanks a lot!

I have to bring my work laptop etc. with me, since I have to go back to the office after the interview. Last time I had a bunch of baby stuff with me, and they had sort of a coat check there where I could leave them. But I also am planning on bringing a thick folder with all sorts of papers. Good luck!

Err on the side of caution and bring every relevant document and supporting evidence. I brought a 5" stack of documents and I needed nearly half of them during my 90-minute marathon of an interview. It saved me from being denied half way through, though I was put in AP at the end.

The amount of evidence you bring is only as good as how well organized and versed in them you are, and how well you can withstand pressure and extricate what you need efficiently. If you hit a snag, take your time to compose yourself and rest assured that the CO is obliged to hear everything you have to say for yourself.

I have more comments and suggestions posted here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/513879-the-nvc-moral-supportranting-thread/?p=7261487

Best of luck to you all.

I read your experience and I have to congratulate you on being so calm! I'm a bit of a firecracker and respond poorly to rudeness and stupidity. Also unfairness infuriates me to no end... I acknowledge this as one of my biggest flaws and hope that I can just stay calm if something should come up.

Do the embassies often let you pick up the visa or do they insist on mailing it to you? Since we are on a super tight schedule, I'm planning on bringing an express mail envelope with lots of stamps securing a 1 day delivery, in case they would like to use that. I'll bring it up only, if they say they won't let me come and pick the visa up.

Edited by Ellinora

IR1 took 520 days....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Oh, I'm def freaking out as well. I posted already earlier, but I have an interview tomorrow morning, yikes! I'll wake up early (if I can sleep at all) and travel to Helsinki. This is my fourth or fifth visa interview, but the previous one's were student visas, so I should be feeling confident by now, but nope :lol: I don't think they'll be any trouble with the interview, but I still keep going through worse case scenarios in my head. Good luck!

I have to bring my work laptop etc. with me, since I have to go back to the office after the interview. Last time I had a bunch of baby stuff with me, and they had sort of a coat check there where I could leave them. But I also am planning on bringing a thick folder with all sorts of papers. Good luck!

I read your experience and I have to congratulate you on being so calm! I'm a bit of a firecracker and respond poorly to rudeness and stupidity. Also unfairness infuriates me to no end... I acknowledge this as one of my biggest flaws and hope that I can just stay calm if something should come up.

Do the embassies often let you pick up the visa or do they insist on mailing it to you? Since we are on a super tight schedule, I'm planning on bringing an express mail envelope with lots of stamps securing a 1 day delivery, in case they would like to use that. I'll bring it up only, if they say they won't let me come and pick the visa up.

Thanks and wish you good luck :) do share your experience :)

And at least in Mumbai consulate, They ask us to pick up the visa, they dont mail it to us :)

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Consulate: Mumbai, India

02/11/2013: Married

04/03/2013: I-130 Sent

03/01/2014: I-130 Approved (finally after 9 months of no activity at USCIS)

01/15/2014: NVC Received

03/10/2014: Assigned NVC case no.

04/03/2014: Paid AOS Fee

05/09/2014: Sent AOS package

05/15/2014: Sent package IV

06/15/2014: Received checklist for AOS. :huh:

06/24/2014: Responded to checklist.

08//14/2014: NVC case closed (phone) :dancing:

08/21/2014: NVC case closed email :dancing: ( After 7 months at NVC)

09/02/2014: Interview Scheduled for 1st Oct. (confirmed by call)

09/10/2014: Interview email received

09/11/2014: Medicals.

09/12/2014: Biometrics.

10/01/2014: INTERVIEW : APPROVED

Online status shows "VISA ISSUED AND PRINTED" within 2 hrs of interview

10/07/2014: Visa and passport in hand

10/08/2014: POE (Atlanta)

:dance:

Timeline

Please verify with the embassy that you could bring in your laptop. Some wouldn't allow any electronic devices past the front gate. I've heard of someone hiring a street boy (in India, I think), to mind his phone for him during his interview !!!

Best of luck to you.

14-OCT-2014 Visa issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello welcome to the group. I have added you to the spreadsheet. This we scheduling should start for November.

Thanks for adding me to the spreadsheet. Can you also update my country on the spreadsheet, please? I am from Poland.

Timeline

Thanks and wish you good luck :) do share your experience :)

And at least in Mumbai consulate, They ask us to pick up the visa, they dont mail it to us :)

Thank you! I'll be sure to let you know how it went!

Please verify with the embassy that you could bring in your laptop. Some wouldn't allow any electronic devices past the front gate. I've heard of someone hiring a street boy (in India, I think), to mind his phone for him during his interview !!!

Best of luck to you.

Thank you! I might just leave the laptop at the bus station lockers then. However, I need the cell phone to pay for the subway, so can't leave that. I think last time I went there, I just had to leave my cell and ipod at the coat check.

IR1 took 520 days....

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

hi everyone we r having trouble scheduling the biometric apt (fingerprinting)....could someone hive me the link for mumbai consulate?

Approval letter: March 20, 14

Case received by NVC: April 7, 2014

Case #: May 5, 2014

AOS fee: paid May 9th,

DS 261: May 9th

AOS fee PAID: May 12th

AOS send: May 13th via overnight

AOS received per FedEx: May 16th

AOS received per NVC: May 20th

IV Fee invoiced/ paid: May 25

IV form received per FedEx: May 30

IV form received per NVC: June 3

AOS accepted: June 19

Checklist for original marriage cert: july 10th

send original marriage cert: july 11

scan date of last document: july 17

case complete: Sept 8th

Timeline

Thank you! I might just leave the laptop at the bus station lockers then. However, I need the cell phone to pay for the subway, so can't leave that. I think last time I went there, I just had to leave my cell and ipod at the coat check.

Checked the embassy website and it says: "All cell phones will be left with a guard before entering the waiting room." So cell is okay :)

IR1 took 520 days....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.